[♛ FreemeGB-AUG] Yootoo SD1 960lm/ SD2 1000lm (21700)/ SD3 2000lm/ AMUTORCH X10 2500lm Flashlights - ALIVE - frm $9.50

I’ve place a new order for a 4000k SD2 and cancelled my original 5000k SD2 order.

Mine went straight on back order and now says expected shipping date 23 November.

If it is just sitting there spinning, try opening tab in incognito and see if it doesn’t open right away.

Thank You! I'm using Firefox... at work, I use Chrome and just seems to work better for all sites, internal and external. I'll try Chrome.

Yep! Chrome made the connection... in a chat now. Thanks Muto!

Just some random Pics:

Some thoughts:

- The head is glued, but it can be screwed apart with a bit of force, not much.

- The threads have a better feel than the Convoy S2+

- Pocket clip is a HUGE miss. Its small lip at the center catches instantly in my pocket lip instead of sliding all the way down

- The UI has a slow feel. Maybe it is because of the tail switch mechanism, but mode switch seems to be a bit late compared to normal Convoy switches.

- Anodizing is great and matte. I like it a lot better than Convoys, has a thicker feel.

- Mine came with a blemish on the reflector, which does not show up in the beam

- It has a copper mcpcb, and has the usual gummy grey compound under it. The mcpcb sits on solid, not just a shelf.

• I could not figure out how to take out the driver. The small brass sheet ring screws out(very flimsy mechanism), but the driver does not come out. Definitely worse than S2 in this regard. At least not soldered.

Currents with a fully charged US18650VTC6
2.3A High
0.6A Medium
0.03A Low

Received my SD3, and I’m giddy. Running a Sofirn 18650, on low it’s subjectively as bright as an SST40 Convoy S2+ one step down from High. I took the bezel and reflector off for a LED check. Super floods, of course, but a perfect circle of even light - no artifacts or color shift.

Pics when I get a chance. Already thinking about bypassing the spring…

Edit: the lanyard clip spins freely on the tube. I put a spare o-ring on it to lock it down.

I managed to pull the remainings apart.
It has a FET driver with a Fairchild(Copy) FDS6688 fet, and an unmarked Microcontroller.
It has stackable sense resistors, but not much free space beyond the top of the driver

Thank you for the photos and descriptions siletto and Photonica!

On that Sd1, it looks like a 20mm MCPCB and driver, correct? If the battery tube makes contact and holds down the driver, it might not be that difficult to replace.

That clip looks like an BLF A6 style. Perhaps the tab that catches on the pocket can be turned down with some shorty needle nose pliers.

The wire gauge and springs look decent.

Yes, it is a 20mm mcpcb, however only about 1mm thick. My ones from Kaidomain and SinkPAD are thicker.
The driver is also about 20mm, but I did not measure that. It was held in with thermal glue, now it is the tube that holds it down.
There is not much headroom above the driver, a 7135 Stacked configuration would certainly not fit. The stock driver is quite interesting for me

The LED is not perfectly centered, does not have a traditioatnal centering ring, and the beam has some eccentric swirls, but other than that, it is a nice light.
It is a nice refresh from the design of my 3 year old S2+.

Protected(Long) cells will not fit without crushing the button top

Well, there went that. Not only did Banggood cancel my 4 SD1’s, they cancelled two other orders. An FT03 in green and every accessory they have for the FW3A times two for my son & myself. Refunds have been approved, but not processed wtf…
A lot of fun on BLF and nice discount codes going around. Just wish Banggood held up to the hype. 1st time = last time. Again, thx for trying BLF

I’ve had banggood send me a cancellation noticed and literally follow it up with a item shipped notification the next day. A few times they have sent me cancellation notices, usually with the option to wait until the item is in stock or cancel and get a refund. I usually just ignore the cancellation notice and my item ships within the next few days. I have no idea why they do that.

They did that twice to one of the orders when I contacted them. Then today they cancelled all 3, which I didn’t ask for. No option for refund or anything. Funny business

The only time I’ve heard of them cancelling is when they are out of stock with no foreseeable in stock date. Did your money get refunded? If not, I wouldn’t be surprised if your item ships in the next few days.

Hi siletto, thanks for the pics. You put a US18650VTC6 in it, so my guess is we’re watching a model SD1. Your next post mentions it having a FET driver but isn’t 2.3A a bit low for what’s essentially an on-off switch? Unless the led itself is the limiting factor in the circuit, of course.

Just got off of chat with BG. The SD2 isn't going to be available for any foreseeable time in the future... yeah, yeah, I see what it says on the web page. I told them to remove that lie. If any, they must have received 25 5 units from the manufacturer.

I am not exactly a professional in this topic (Well, yes I should be, but I lack further experience :smiley: ), but I do not think that a FET must always work as an on-off switch.
Even the highest mode could be PWM controlled. Usually direct drive(ON-OFF) is called Turbo mode in these flashlights.
I tested it with 35E Samsung cells, ans also Liitokala 18650B copies, and in both cases the Current was the same.
My photos are quite crappy (sorry about that), but you can see that there are two low value resistors in parralel, and they must be the sensing elements for current regulation.

I hope somebody could also examine this driver, with a better photo-apparat, and confirm this theory. The FET is in the negative side, between the LED and the Battery-, and the Sense resistors connect the Driver spring and LED+. If these resistors are not for sensing, I do not see why they even exist.

Just got out of chat with BG, they tell me that they will be shipping my SD2 5000k shortly… Do I think so… no. But they have not canceled or refunded it yet either.

Same situation here for a 4000K and they're telling me 11/24. Even the 6500K are out.

My 5000K SD2 is reported shipped today

Me too, Lord only knows what we actually will receive.
They told me that 6500k’s were ready and willing to be shipped a few days ago, not gonna be happy camper if that is what shows up.

Fingers crossed.