[♛ FreemeGB] Fireflies PL47 Gen II 4*XP-L/ Nichia/ SST20 Hi CRI 21700 Right Angle Flashlight - ENDED

shipping notice arrived from Jackie / Fireflies …with China Post. and also that my other source ist sending out today :+1:

I wish people would stop scaremongering. We’ve had no actual reason to be concerned beyond a little delay. Given we got in from the start before production had started I’m not surprised things have been slow. From what I’ve seen FF isn’t a huge operation churning out thousands of units a week. Give them time to process everything. I ordered on 30th Oct and dont expect to see the light until mid December if I’m lucky.

I emailed for an update a few days ago and just got a reply from Jack to say my order will be shipped tomorrow. It’s all good, just slow.

…‘gosh’ and ‘golly gee’…
…wasn’t (how dare you!) inquiring to FF regarding even 21700 protected cell fitment a “Bozo No No” but a few weeks ago?

You guys are going to wake up someday to the fact that YOU have the effective power over these tiny overseas vendors no differently than you do over even large corporations worldwide…if you choose to exercise it.

Psssst…this is a ‘news flash’ I realize…but a certain president has been waking folks up to this fact and would appreciate your buying “The Art of the Deal” if you don’t/won’t grasp the concept by now… :wink:

That’s not what I said.

Yes, there’s been delays, we’ve been advised of that in the OP. Knowing how long it can take for items to go through the system from some of these Asian countries and expecting them to start that process tomorrow I’ll still be happy if I recieved it mid December.

What about you start exercising your effective power?

Woke up to a shipping notification this morning to the States for my 219b in champagne. :+1:

Got my shipping notice today yay!

It sounds like different people are pulling in different directions — some wanting communication about everything along the way even if it might change, others wanting answers only after everything is certain. It’s not easy, or perhaps not even possible, to satisfy both.

It is unfortunate, but delays like this are normal. Almost every project developed in the open like this ends up shipping later than planned. For example, almost everything which has ever happened on Kickstarter. But it’s not just this type of project. Projects developed in private have lots of delays too, but people don’t get to see it so from the outside it appears as if things are more orderly.

In general, a realistic way to estimate development schedules is to do the following:

1. Analyze the work involved and calculate how long each step should take.
  2. Add up all the times to produce an estimate, like “2 weeks”.
  3. Double the numeric part of the estimate, and bump up the unit by one. So “2” becomes “4”, and “weeks” becomes “months”.

And then we arrive at a more realistic estimate. If the first guess is 2 weeks, assume it’ll actually take 4 months.

(edit: fixed mis-attributed quote)

…not sure what “the system” is below nor what the rest of this sentence means:

“… Knowing how long it can take for items to go through the system from some of these Asian countries and expecting them to start that prices tomorrow…”

The only “system” in place now is BLFers somehow being convinced to forward funds without even the most basic of details (ie. protected cell fitment) or promises in hand from the horses mouth. I suppose, for a younger generation, this type of more-than-willing acceptance is ‘perfectly normal’…or perhaps akin to $20+ trillion in crushing debt with absolutely no questions asked and no future plan to hold present generations accountable.

We (old folk) love this “everything(body) is beautiful” (naive) attitude…as do these overseas vendors! :wink:

does this guy need help? such grandstanding over a $50 flashlight to bring the POTUS into it.

I think our ragy ‘colleague’ at this point is just as a part of forums folklore. I’m a quite new here on BLF but cannot imagine a single thread without a few posts including keywords such as: protected, overseas, fitment, generation, developed world etc :smiley:

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for making this place so great. This topic actually displays everything I like about this forum: loads of knowledge, innovative products, discounts and pure entertainment! Happy to be a part!

But, see, it’s not just a flashlight. It’s proof that my geopolitical beliefs are justified.

And for only $48, that’s a bargain! :wink:

i can prove you wrong if you can read my sms message in my language
i am posting my issue and looking for answer, and all i received is someguy doubting me about my ability to read message from the bank, great.

This is the first time, out of 3 or 4 times, that you said anything more than “fireflies is taking my paypal money again, with a facepalm emoji”. If I missed where you said anything more constructive then let’s start over and let us know how we can help. Primarily, the first thing you should do is contact paypal to ask the basic question “I believe I have already sent payment, why are you again attempting payment?” And go from there.

Hey tk, you i know where you got your math from. It’s Scotty on Star Trek.

“Analyze the work involved and calculate how long each step should take.
Add up all the times to produce an estimate, like “2 weeks”.
Double the numeric part of the estimate, and bump up the unit by one. So “2” becomes “4”, and “weeks” becomes “months”.”

This way when you tell capt. Kirk you need 24 hours and he gives you 12, he’s impressed

Aye aye keptin!

Just got my shipping notice from Jacky.

Got my shipping notice last night, looks like the lights with magnet uninstalled are going out now too!

Me too.

Chill guys, who would not get panic when they realized that there is unknown charges in your bank statement? I am currently assisting mrheosuper with his payment issue with FireFlies. Try not to derailed this thread okay?

Thank you freeme for your efforts with this group buy (and all the other ones you are doing). It’s a shame some of our members are too impatient.