[♛ FreemeGB] Haikelite MT09R 3x XHP70.2 25,000lm & 3x XHP35 Hi 6500LM Flashlight Group Buy -【 ACTIVE 】

TA told that he made the first handmade batches with that and no problem. He only adviced Haikelite that it is better and easier to make with double springs in production for them than make handmade bypasses.

Spring bypasses are fine for the 70.2 version.

They are not recommended for the xhp35-HI version as it can draw too much current.

I have some comparison pictures:

My MT09R XHP35 is for sale, if you like it.

Wait, there is an XHP35.2 now?

Hi. Can I please get the code to order one of these 70.2 version lights?

Thanks…

Yes, an announcement was made back in July, but there’s not much enthusiasm about it because there are no big leaps forward like with the 50.2 or 70.2.

I have a problem with my MT09R.
Initially it worked fine, but now when the light is off, the LEDs actually glow, slightly dimmer than the lowest mode.

Like the driver is leaking some current through?

Which of the 3 drivers do you have?

There were 3?
I bought from BG as soon as the variant with TA driver showed up.

1. Haikelites original driver
  2. TA’s hand-built Texas Avenger driver
  3. Haikelites production Texas Avenger driver

So you would have the 3rd one which I thought was good quality.

On older driver versions you might get a 7135 that couldn’t handle the high voltage and would start to leak, but these new versions use resistors so that can’t be it.

TA might be best to diagnose the problem.

Jason mine also has this situation with the 3rd type driver and with replaced the FET with a known good one. I don’t remember if it was doing it with stock fet because it didn’t lived long

Do you think their lower end FET could possibly be causing the leakage?

Don’t really know. Now I have the very good fet that Lexel and TA recommended and it is doing the glow thing.
That is the current one:

Oh, yours is not turning off completely either? I missed that. I’m half asleep. It must not be the FET then.

Very strange that ya’ll are having the current leak.

Generally the FET’s are the first thing that needs to be looked at for this.

It could also be the small low mode FET that is leaking but it is strange. An easy test is to remove the small FET and see if the problem goes away (it is the one next to the resistor bank).

Zozz in your case since it sounds like the issue only happened after replacing the FET then I would look into the FET reflow. Try reflowing it again, it is possible there is a small short under the FET or the FET could of been overheated and be leaking as well.

You can also remove the main FET and see if the problem goes away.

Is the small FET U4?

Correct.

I will try it next week with the small first. If it not work I will replace the big to a new one. I still have some of them.

I would be interested in a Haikelite MT09R XHP70.2 depending on price. Is the group buy still open? If yes, please send me a PM.

The Group Buy is long over. Nowadays you should check with Freeme about coupon codes to get a good price.