FS: Copper "BIG RET" S2+ triple heatsinks [Closed]

I kinda wonder if the screws on the driver side should be moved in a few thousands, this would allow for the lack of uniformity in the driver diameter and better engagement on the ground ring. I think the same could be applied to the star side as well. Shrinking the star side pocket a tiny bit would not hurt!

Matt

The screws on the driver side cannot be moved in any farther without reducing the driver pocket diameter, which is a pretty tight fit as is, generally. I could step it in if the user doesn’t mind doing a little more sanding of the driver OD. The star side pocket can be reduced a couple thousandths though. The design relies on components with fairly loose tolerances, (drivers and LED’s) so the fit can vary a bit. Best solution might be to tighten it up and require some sanding. Let us not underestimate the holding force of those screws though. :slight_smile:

Just got done building my x6 xp-l v6 triple with the spacer and the updated mtn electronics fet+7135. Got 3200 lumen out of it.

Very happy customer.

What’s the next batch of cookies going to be? The host, the mag sink, or something else like a ZY-T08?

None of the above! :smiling_imp:

I would luv to see a pic of that. Seems like a good idea.

:smiling_imp: tease

Got my X6 spacer yesterday, very nice product and fast shipping.
Thanks

Got my s2+ heatsink in a while ago and just got done building it up. This heatsink has superb quality and finish to it. I was surprised how well the driver retaining screws fit in the heatsink. Very good thread tolerances for being in copper. Thanks! Hope to buy some more products from you in the future.

and i bet you would see a few purchases from me pretty quickly after you get that set up. :smiley:

Nice pics Matt, shows off Hoops dedication to excellence quite beautifully… :slight_smile:

Yeah. I just got around to building an eagle eye X6 and these spacers don’t fit.
The inner head diameter of the EE X6 is 31.61mm whereas these heat sinks are 29.88mm.
The diameter of the EE mcpcb inset is 21.31mm whereas these heat sinks are 18.02mm.

I was busy with other mods when I got these and never thought to check.

Alrighty. It was a gamble using member provided dimensions for the x6 heatsink. I shan’t do that in the future.

Anyone who has any issues I would like to refund you. Sorry for the inconvenience! Send me a PM.

The size of the BLF X6 (both versions ) MCPCB inset is 20,9 mm, and the inner head diameter of the BLF X6 is 31,6mm. So not a good fit for the BLF X6 either.

Whilst mine also didn’t fit, with a bit of creativity I made it work so I don’t want a refund.

Hey Brian, any idea when you are going to have the triple S2+ sinks back in stock? Looking to get 4 screw retention sinks, when and if you do please!

bump

Added Z1 heatsinks to OP.

Next will be the batch of ~30 retaining ring triple heatsinks. The screw style heatsinks will be seeing a return, with more screws and slightly tighter pockets.

I look forward to the return of these S2+ sinks.

These are very cool designs, if the screw retention versions (both regular and for triples) are ever in production again I’m interested