FS: Eagle eye X6 heatsinks ($4-7)

His communication skills need some attention. A lot can be forgiven if people communicate.

Observation and comment:

As of this moment I have not had any further response from Nitro, either here by forum PM, nor by personal email, nor any response via PayPal. We buyers who are waiting are left in the lurch, wondering. I hope the silence does not mean he has suffered a devastating accident or other incident in his personal life, but I believe we are deserving of a brief explanation at the very least.

On 9/26, 21 days after ordering from Nitro I was getting more and more concerned about the non-delivery. So, on the 26th I made an order from kiriba-ru. Paid him via PayPal. USPS tracking shows the package, all the way from Russia, will be delivered today. Eleven days from Russia. Impressive. I’m not home and won’t actually be able to check the items ordered until Monday or Tuesday. However I have no reason to doubt that everything will be there and in great shape. At least that seems to be what other purchasers are experiencing and posting on kiriba-ru’s topic.

FYI: I received my order after 7 (yes, seven) months waiting and trying to figure out if Nitro already send them out… Eventually he send them and I received them within two weeks.

I think Nitro has all the good intentions, but lacks the communicative and administrative skills.

Seven months. Wow! You have the patience of Job. I don’t.

If that is the case then potential purchasers should be aware of the risks up front and not have to discover this on their own as they wait and wonder what they are going to do with the other parts they have bought.

I tried to open a Paypal dispute this morning after repeated attempts to warn Nitro that I was going to do that. I guess I sent the money with no product attached… I can’t dispute it. I guess I have no recourse but to post here…

This wasn’t just for a couple of cheap heatsinks, I was planning on building me and my dad a triple X6 each…
$65 bucks man! Come on!

Fesso,
What parts are you missing?

I really feel bad for you. A noob and all excited to build a killer light…. only to get blindsided by an ^$$.
I received 2 packages again from Russia. Yes TWO orders arrived from Russia now and NONE from Nitro.
At the moment I have 4 pieces of copper for the X6 Triple. I do not need them all so you can have 2 of them but I need to ask for the shipping costs from Me, to to you. However it just may be cheaper to Buy 2 direct from Russia than it is for Just shipping from USA.

As for optics I only have 3 at the moment. I thought there were 3 more coming from russia today but I think there was some misunderstanding on the order. I could only spare One optic.

XP32 MCPCB are still out of stock from MtnE. I think International Outdoors has them but more expensive.
At the moment I only have 2 XP32 with XP-L HI V2 3A mounted on them. Kinda need them but could give one up (for you).

So thats 2 copper (free), 1 optic, and a reluctant offer for the XP32 and mounted XP-L HI (at cost)
That will get you one light built for now.

Ouch!! That hurts, Fesso. I’m only out $9 for one spacer and shipping. I have an opened PayPal dispute from 10/4. Three days and no response at all means I’ll be converting it to a claim shortly.

I am out $21 for 4 aluminum. Made the Mistake of sending Friends and Family.

Thanks VDub, that’s a very generous offer I appreciate it but I will gracefully decline. Can you PM me where you’re ordering stuff from Russia please and I’ll just re-order everything in a month or so if I don’t hear from Nitro. I am still holding onto the hope that Nitro will come through.

kiriba-ru link

And another week goes by…. no reply.

(actually $65)

I thought mine was bad until I read all of the comments here.

Ordered 2 pieces of copper for X6 then he shipped 4 aluminium.

:frowning: I’m pissed as I want my copper so I can pump my lights more .

Should of buy from Kiriba-ru

The arbitration wheels move slowly at Paypal. Or perhaps they move so slowly in this case as it appears that Nitro is ignoring Paypal’s requests for info from him. Paypal contacted Nitro on 10/7 and again on 10/24. Paypal does seem to offer the parties involved plenty of time to respond. I have no idea exactly what message Paypal would have sent, but it would have been for his side of the story. The latest news is, quote;

We’ll contact you with any developments or if we require additional information from you by Nov 14, 2016.

I’ll update as news arrives….

We have resolution… Paypal sent me the following email….

“We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $9.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.
Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller’s account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller’s account, which may include limitation of the seller’s account
privileges.”

Were you missing $9 or is that just all they are refunding?

I guess it’s a cautionary tale, maybe we should always be using the “pay for goods” option on paypal so that a dispute is even possible. It’s a shame it had to come to this.

Yes, I was only at risk for $9. One spacer and shipping. Nothing that would have hurt me financially. But I ordered in good faith and expect to receive what was ordered or at least have a conversation with the seller as to what the problem is. I had neither, so now have the $9 back. I wish the others could receive help getting their $$ back.

Also yes, using the pay for goods method would be a good idea. Add 3% (it is actually 2.9% plus US$0.30 per transaction) to the amount and that will “buy” your insurance. Good idea to review the Paypal protection terms from time to time, IMO.

I hope nitro is ok and everyone gets what they ordered.

Is there another source for X6 heatsinks? I was getting ready to send him a PM, but then read through the entire thread.

Look here

That is where I got mine after I gave up on nitro.

Glad you were able to get your money and his PP suspended. Thanks for following up MtnDon.

I couldn’t remember how I sent the money ($65 USD) through Paypal. I couldn’t open a dispute so I Guess I sent it as a gift.
I had multiple multiple PMs with Nitro discussing all the parts I would need to build 2 X6 triples and how he would put 2 kits together for me. As soon as I sent the money the PMs stopped.
Lesson learned the hard way, I will never send PP without an invoice for goods. I didn’t even mean to do that….

ouch $65 :frowning:

dont worry my friends…. karma will come to those do bad things :slight_smile: