Funky looking Zoom flashlight that may take 26650 batteries

Come on group buy!

Why is the beam square? Is that because of the lens they are using? Seems interesting…

That's a sign of maximum focus. An aspheric lens is supposed to redirect all the rays of light that hit it directly from the emitters so that they're parallel with each other, which results in an image of the emitter. Because of this, light that doesn't hit the aspheric lens is undesirable, and should be eliminated so that weird artifacts like rings are avoided. Zoomies defocus the beam to achieve a rounder hotspot down to the full flood beam profile.

According to the design as well as the brief review posted a while ago in here , this seems a high quality Zoomie, maybe the only one other than patented led lensers.
The price is too steep though. 30USD seems more reasonable.

Thank you for the information! Are there any similar lights that have this pattern? I searched for lights with aspheric lenses and they don’t seem to be as well focused as this one. I am very interested in this light now.

Lights with fixed aspheric lenses (no zoom) will often defocus slightly to get rid of the image of the emitter because lots of people don't like that. Most zoomies will project an image of the emitter.

Best “parts laid out” picture I’ve seen:
http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/45786209/T2XU6hXkVXXXXXXXXX\_!!45786209.jpg

Yeah, I’d leap into a good group buy on a 26650 zoom with the good innards for modification.
Heck, leave off the emitter and driver and offer just a really good solid pill — I dream.

either not meant for us sale or nobody bothered to check the meaning of the name.
i sure dont want to receive nits(lice eggs)so dont send them!

i have one buy on dealsmachine.

I received a Send Nits B-650 yesterday from GearBest's World Cup Giveaway. I didn't have a chance to take it out, but I did peak into the package. It looks like a really cool light. I will do my best to post a review this weekend.

Did you receive nits with it? (Just kidding)

You'll love it!

A bit underdriven at 2.1A and driver FW could be updated, but otherwise a really nice light. >50g pill and all.. I already modded mine to 2.8A & L2 T6 4D (+ TheStar FW) and I like it way more than any other zoomie I have. [2.8A + TheStar will be the GB config, if we can get into agreement with the manufacturer]

Do I remember correctly that you have tools for flashing in another FW? Would you like to test TheStar in that light? (Just PM me your email address and I'll send the hex file to you)

what driver is on the light ? 20 mm ?

for who the light buy better buy on gearbest i see.
they do promotion for BLF and give aways.

Yes. 20mm driver with 6x7135 and ATtiny13 (kind of NANJG105C clone in 20mm format). There are two free spaces for additional 7135s.

Or you can throw in a normal NANJG by using this contact plate. That's what I did.

..and there will be a group buy with a nice price (I hope ;))

20 mm = perfect
i gonne take this driver

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=2070

Low (1)>Low(10)>3065>High (100% 3A)

(8)+4x 380 = 12 =above 4 Amp :Sp

That's exactly the driver used in the stock light (except that it has only 6x7135) => no need to buy another, just add those 2 (or six ) 7135s. :)

Edit: Hmm.. Maybe the stock light has even the same mode options.. ImA4Wheelr could maybe try shorting the stars?

nice 8)

I really hope you can get this groupbuy going. :slight_smile:

Me too. :)

We are working hard to make it happen.