FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

No. If you loosen the tailcap the switch loosens.
If you want to mechanically turn the light off, remove the head completely.

It locks out by a quarter turn on the head. No need to remove the head completely

You better feel sorry, buster… you said some nice things.

We don’t tolerate that kind of behavior around here.

If you keep acting like that, you might end up as bad as Poguche, who didn’t even apologize for being nice!

See? No shame at all.

A quarter turn of the head does not actually turn the light off. It only loses power when the head is almost completely off.

However, the standby drain on FW3A is about 0.02 or 0.03 mA, which is lower than a cell’s self-discharge rate. It should last over a decade in theory… or about as long as if the cell were just sitting on a shelf.

Standby drain in lockout mode is the same as the regular “off” mode, so it should be pretty safe to lock the light and leave it in storage. But for the health of the cell inside, it’d be good to drain the cell to about half full first.

And also probably a good idea to make sure the contacts are clean and there’s nothing extra inside the light. If there’s a stray strand of aluminum where it shouldn’t be, it could drain the battery much faster. I haven’t had this happen, but I think one person reported an issue like that… and one person had a similar issue with a ROT66.

So it should be fine, but I’d recommend checking just to be sure. Trust, but verify.

Having the “mail girl” delivering it today, unexpectedly (due to tracking service issues) while being at home, sick, was a nice thing to happen :partying_face:

I just have to say: it worth the wait and I really like it :blush:

Great job!! I’ll be looking for the SST then :wink:

@ saypat
Just be aware that the optic may not just lift right out, it may be somewhat stuck. Start reading HERE… Post 145 and read down to Post #150 for more information.

Note on stuck optic: if it is stuck it’s just friction or possibly a bit of dried thermal compound. The optic is not actually glued on.

Just got mine. It looks super fancy! Nice Job guys!! Love the color

Exactly, no glue was used on these lights; but just be aware that ’if’ the optic is stuck it may be quite difficult to remove.

Damn Ninja! F Yeah! LOL! I actually did a video on another forum doing something similar. Some guy was showing off some skills and mine were much higher than his and more like your level!

Does anyone know if their are plans to make the driver available separately?

Woohoo! Mine finally reached NY,NY. Only a state away.

My optic came out quite easily. Just ran my fingernail around the perimeter. I’ve got a couple different optics to test out soon.

Funny thing is that I didn’t even realize that the head of the light could be taken apart like that. It’s nicely machined and the point where they separate is tight and flush. Nice job Lumintop!

Mine came today, what a fantastic light! One question: there are three flashes when ramping up/down. The second two appear to correspond to the max of the two regulated channels. The first one happens right after moonlight—what does it signify?

According to the literature, that first flash is a “subtle blink to provide a timing hint if you want to stay” at moonlight.

Strange. A quarter turn of the head, turns mine off completely. So it’s not supposed to do that?

Hhmm, I think the 1/4 turn is just disconnecting the switch, which may result in turning the light OFF. The batt- power is still going to the driver via the un-anodized threads, and the batt+ power is still there as long as the batt makes contact to the driver spring.

I think this is what TK is describing.

I just turned the light ON, and unthreaded the head and it took a few full turns, but way before the light went out, the switch stopped working, so mine works differently from yours.

Hmmm breaking contact with the springs…what battery are you running…

Anyone interested in a diffuser or two?
Printing some for a few people, thought I’d see if maybe anyone else wants some and doesn’t have a printer around.

Price is $1.50 each, plus whatever shipping costs to mail a 4x4x2 box from 54140 to your zip code.

I have these colors available,

plus a clear-ish that I have to properly dry before printing again:

I’ll take a clear & orange please. I’ll send you a PM. :+1: