FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Are the SST-20s really that inefficient compared to the other emitters?

I find these numbers pretty low and not consistent with f.i. emisars with sst20’s and custom build triples. Maybe a different firmware?

Good question, what firmware is running on the FW3As with SST-20s? maybe 50% FET to protect the emitters?

Anyone hear anything more about the diffuser or deep carry clip development? Or are we on our own here?

In my personal build experience, dedomed 4000k SST20s put out ~40% less lumens than the XPLHI in the FW3A.

Still worth it. And without a light meter you’d never know it was that significant. A 70CRI emitter will never be in a non-thrower light of mine possibly ever again. So YMMV

Have you seen THESE diffusers?? They are great…. :+1:

I have. Just wondering if LT is going to follow through (or Neal pick up their slack) on the deep clip/diffuser accessories that was talked about a while back.

But we didn’t even had the chance to use the group buy with the led we wanted.
There was only xpl option and it was $36.
The sst led which was supposed to be $31 was never available in the group buy

The code still works for the SST20… I just tried it now…

I think it was supposed to be $30. Is it not that? Maybe those that bought the sst20 version can say the price they paid.

I got onto the list via the other forum.
The SST-20 comes up as 31.68 $US. There is an opportunity to “change currency”, but the checkout price remains in dollars?! Doesn’t seem to work, but the code itself works and the light can be ordered/paid.

edit:
There was never an explanation why the prices were higher than agreed, but I believe they were still “fair enough” to make a purchase. It is not like the prices were hiked by 50. It was 5.6 higher for the SST20 model and includes free shipping for some destinations.

In response to the earlier “FW350” posts, wow this ting is indeed tiny!

The sst20 version might have gone up $1.68 due to the coupon code going public. It’s not exactly $30, but it seems close enough. Plus it’s public, so anyone can order at that price.

Maybe there was a trade off? The $30 price just for BLF members OR make it $31.68 and open the code to the public so more people can order it. IDK, only Neal can say. I certainly would not complain about it. It’s definitely better than paying the regular full price.

I’m not sweating the extra buck and change. It’s less than a cup of coffee and the light is great. I’m hoping I get my second FW3A soon. Tracking number still isn’t working. I guess it’ll be a nice surprise when it reaches my mailbox.

:+1:

to me sst20 appears 35$ with the coupon

That is the wrong code. group buy code is different.
Not sure if people are allowed to share it or not.

When I ordered my SST-20 a few weeks ago I paid $31.68.

Yep… wrong code. :+1: … It’s still $31.68.

Use the code you were PM’d when the Group Buy first started. :wink: