FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

It is a public Code Of neils page. Thanks for your help.

Anybody know what is going on with Neal? I ordered glow gaskets on May 21st and still hasnā€™t shipped. Heā€™s not responding to emails, itā€™s like he disappeared. Not a good way to run a business.

I got a message from him a couple days ago. Apparently the Great Firewall blocked his VPN provider, so he hasnā€™t been able to access a lot of the internet. Not sure if he has it completely taken care of yet, but last I heard, he was still looking for a new VPN service.

In the most recent version, I think itā€™s actually more of a PD system now. The ā€œIā€ term was causing more trouble than it was worth. So when I modified it to improve the noise reduction, I ended up removing the ā€œIā€ term too. Hereā€™s a before/after measurement on one of the test lights:

On a larger light, the new versionā€™s curve is pretty close to optimal. For example:

That long tail may look a bit odd, but itā€™s actually doing exactly what itā€™s supposed to. As cell voltage drops closer to emitter Vf, thereā€™s less extra voltage burned off in the driver. So the output naturally rises until the cell is empty, as a side effect of keeping temperature constant.

Pretty much everything looks like that when the graph is extended farther to the right. On some items though, it still doesnā€™t quite get an optimal initial response. The most difficult ones are, indeed, the ā€œnut roastersā€. Hereā€™s an example of how one of those looks lately:

Soā€¦ really small high-powered items still have a tendency to overshoot a bit and then slowly wobble a bit before they settle on the right level. Itā€™s really hard to avoid that. Having a third power channel on the FW3A helps though.

Oh OK, sorry ā€” Iā€™d seen a few posts a while back about keeping codes out of public view. Maybe I got mixed up with M4DM4X.

Im on the same page as you. Bought 2 fw3a and since i made the payment I havenā€™t hear from him. Mails and mails and nothing

His problems go far beyond just the firewall issue. I ordered my light almost a month and a half ago, and after issues with the shipment have sent weekly emails with basically no response (he confirmed a week ago he would re-send the next day, but of course I havenā€™t seen any tracking info and my next few emails have been ignored). It seems if its a normal sale heā€™ll probably ship without issue, but if there are any problems, expect to get ghosted.

Ya itā€™s pretty messed up, guess all we can do is keep sending emails and calling him out on the forum till he responds.

There is a lot of focus on blaming chinese sellers and apart from that you hardly know what is going on (there may even be reasons for things to happen that you do not know of) at least blaming may get in the way of getting things done. And on the receiving end, guild may not be the most effective motive for chinese sellers to run their business.

Either the seller is not motivated by guild and your effort sending tons of emails and calling him/her out on the forum is completely wasted (it may make you feel good though), or the seller is indeed driven by guild, spends loads of his time sifting through those piles of emails/PMā€™s, and gives priority to who yells the loudest instead of what is the most effective and maybe even fairest order to get the orders out the door.

If you exclude the IMO not-so-useful blame-factor, the most effective way to get your order done may be to limit your correspondence to a reminder every now and then, maybe a few weeks in between, of the order date and that you still have not heard of any progress.

Save your shit for Someone else djozz. Blaming a buyer for attempting to get a order shipped is the dumbest thing you can do. Neal has been in touch with people on the forum but does not have time to ship orders or even get back in touch with buyers. This isnā€™t the first time Neal has failed to ship orders. What do you expect people to do roll over and call uncle. So excuse me for trying every possible way for me to get him to ship my order.

I have doubts his VPN was blocked. It sounds like an excuse. It is clear he doesn't operate the store well, if gearbest and banggood ships orders perfectly fine, does neal not have the ability to use the free opera vpn or anything like nord? Did gearbest and banggood get their firewalls revoked, and did they even need one?

Expect awful service from him. I think from the complaints I hear, I would rather buy elsewhere. Djozz I am surprised you say that he shouldn't be blamed for awful service. He should hire someone if he can't handle it, like simon should have.

No sh here, I just point out that although you can have all kinds of emotions of what you believe how a seller should behave, and you may be right, but it may not be very effective to bombard sellers with that and in fact even obstruct other peopleā€™s orders.

I do not blame buyers for attempting to get an order shipped (where did I say that?) but point out a maybe more effective way. I know that Nealā€™s way of dealing with customers is not perfect, I have been around long enough on the forum to know that.

My post was a call for pragmatism, and that saves a lot of frustration when dealing with chinese sellers and gets more done in the end.

If you can not be pragmatic, please feel free to ignore my post. :slight_smile:

I have never had problems with communication or order fulfillment with Neal.

Word has it that the SST20 4000k FW3A version should be in Lumintopā€™s hands by this week and the whole light available by the 25th of this month, and available for shipping.

Cool stuff TK. Im surprised there isnt a need for even a little I term though, but I only have experience with PID controllers in a very niche area of their intended use.

I also wanted to report that the latest Anduril build from 6/2 is VERY nice on the FW3A and I really like the improvements to candle mode/lockout. I initially didnt like the changes to candle mode, but the longer I watched it the more organic and flame like it appeared. I just ordered another D4 in SST20 3K with Anduril so hopefully it will get that build.

Its getting bad that I can distinguish minute differences with candle mode haha. I may have to recompile for my Q8 soon (unless the LT1 starts shipping).

Thanks for the information tatasal :wink:

Seconded. I actually want to get the 7A version, just so I can admire candle mode in its full WW glory! :slight_smile:

djozz i donā€™t pretend to push the bar and getting a faster shipment from Neal just by sending mails and mails and mails. I just want to know if he received my money and when he will probably sent them. We had excelent comunications just before placing my money. From there i have no signs from him now. Im just a simple buyer trying to obtain some imformation about my purchase. I think im in all my right to do it

Hate to put it this way but he has your money now and if he has time to answer only part of his outstanding messages he is probably going to prioritize the ones he can either make more money from or give a positive/easy answer to. It seems to be common trend in the way they do business.

Pretty sure 9 times out of 10 he is waiting on inventory as the reason for not providing more shipping info. On his website I can add 100 FW3A to my cart, there is no accurate inventory on his web store unfortunately.

For this reason if I am in a hurry to receive something I will ask about inventory before placing an order. As you should also try to get your questions in before your money :slight_smile:

If they get a 3k version I may need another FW3A, although if I could just purchase the board, I would prefer that.