FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Wow!

Green looks awesome ā€¦

Yeah it does! :heart_eyes:

Did you have to remove the o ring in the bezel for the lens to fit over the 10507?

Thanks

No, just take the one piece optic out, make sure the O-ring in the bezel is seated properly, put the Carclo on the MCPCB, put the lens in the bezel, and put if together.

Ok, thanks. I didnā€™t really check the o ring and it seems like there is just a little gap that wasnā€™t there before. Iā€™ll take another look at it.

Kirk

Sure thing, my pleasure. Did you use a lens Neal sent you or an aftermarket one that was a bit thicker? If a thicker lens was used that could result in a minute gap.

must they keep posting pictures of their FW3A flashlights with aux LEDs?

ā€¢
ā€¢
(am I mistaken, are those trits or GITD things?)

Middle looks aux and the outer 2 look like trits to me.

Correctā€¦

It was the one Neal sent.i also was worried about spinning the optic so it may not be as tight as before.

On the newer ones the optic wont spin

/\ What he saidā€¦. :wink:

Thanks all, another partial turn closed the gap. Great light!

Mine doesnā€™t spin, but it isnā€™t stationary. It wiggles a little up and down and will move just a LITTLE clockwise and counter clockwise. Is that how it is supposed to be? Does that affect the thermal grease any?

Does the 10507 create artifacts in the beam edges (not a smooth ROUND circle) when you rotate the light? The one piece optic my light came with (sst20) put out a floody smooth circular beam. I liked it but it did take away a little throw. I put the carclo 10511 from my nichea light in it. Not as floody now but there are artifacts in the beam when you spin it. Wasnā€™t sure if the 10507 would make it worse.

I know - donā€™t spin it and problem solved. I know itā€™s there now though. Also for close in work, itā€™s just more obvious.

The 10507 will have more artifacts, especially close up. I only have it and the lumintop optic to compare though.

Not sure why it would go up and down but it will rotate a little cause the divot on the bottom is larger than the screw head so it will move a little.

As long as the screw head isnā€™t in one of the optic holes itā€™s fine. Thermal paste wont care either it gets smashed down when you tighten bezel

If you shine it on a flat surface you do see ā€œartifactsā€ .
The closer the flat surface, the more obvious the artifacts.
They are also a bit more abvious with the 10507 than the 10511.

But in everyday use I hardly notice them at all. I guess it just boils down to personal preference as to what is acceptable. :+1:

ymmv