FW3A colors and FW3C sandblasted,FW3T start to preorder

The lens is easy to swap if you’ve got the glass & Carlco type. Pick up either a 10508 or a 10509 from here:

Or get some DC fix from Boaz:

Either one should work.

Thanks, great!

Is there a difference in lumen output and smoothness between the DC-fix and the lens?
(BTW Boaz my order from over a year ago didn’t arrive yet :slight_smile: )

What’s the weight of the copper version?
The specs of all versions show 53gr.

Very nice little light! Looking forward to a titanium one;)

Ok, so I caved.

I just bought my very first FW3A from Neal on the links he provided here in the OP. Not Titanium as much as I love it, but in polished copper for ultimate efficiency. And I sure hope it has the TK button, that is gorgeous!

I’d suggest you PM Boaz about your order.

On the smoothness, it depends on which option you get for either one. I’d say the Carlco 10509 is probably the “smoothest” lens option, and on that Boaz post there are descriptions for each type of DC-fix.

DC-fix can be applied to any light, so if you have other lights where you need it, DC-fix might be the solution. The Carlco lenses are easy to swap, so you could try a couple and see which you like best. Both can be removed, but DC-fix is more of a one time use thing. If you think you’ll swap back and forth very often, the Carlco is a more appropriate choice.

I’m not sure on the difference between the two when it comes to output, but I’d imagine the lens has the advantage here.

Is there any type of difference between the polished and sand blasted copper besides the initial look? Do they patina differently? I have not had any lights in copper.

I’d imagine so. ToyKeeper had a prototype of the sand/bead blasted copper version at one point:

I think the texture will wear in some places, and likely the patina will have a bit of added “character” do to the differences between the worn surfaces and the textured ones. It would also likely develop “snail trails” (borrowed the term from ToyKeeper) more easily. The smooth copper one I have has tarnished a little bit from the minimal handling it has experienced. Mostly, it shows fingerprints at present. I am going to polish it back up and apply renaissance wax to keep it shiny before giving it to my wife (not finished with modding it yet) who would prefer that look.

In for a FW3T. Thanks!

PM sending

https://imgur.com/gallery/I2aPS9Q

hmm, image doesn’t show up for me when I post with what should be the correct formatting

You are linking the gallery, not the specific image.

I always have to add “.jpg” or “.png” to my image links as well. This should be your picture (click the “quote” button to see how I formatted it):

I’m in for a FW3T!

PM incoming:

Here is my FW3A.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TTyHPCZVjZ1ZRIzs7eBzEwekBtWNJeB*“:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TTyHPCZVjZ1ZRIzs7eBzEwekBtWNJeB*

Aluminum!

pm sent !!!

My FW3A , Lovely Jubbly

Will be sending PM

I currently have two FW3A's. One Nichea and one SST20. Soon to be a third with the purple. Would like a 25% off to get a FW3T! PM sent.

Will the “raw” aluminum have clear anno? Oh, that copper is calling to me, but the weight for an EDC may not be good.

FW3C received today. FW3A purple ordered, for the sake of owning my first TK’s hardware.
I like titanium flashlights and one of my brother also, will appreciate a 25% coupon code to order one for him.

The FW3A is a hot rod with small surface are, so it gets hot fast. As much as I like Titanium I knew if there ever was a light that would benefit from a solid copper platform this one is it! As small as it is the copper won’t be such a burden… well worth what it brings to the table.

Now, can I just leave it stock?

Aluminium version is nice, but titanium is even better. Me needs it :slight_smile: