FW3A Troubleshooting / FAQ

Impossible, TK just wrote the reset code for the FW3A on 6-27-19 (about 2 months ago). FW3A Troubleshooting / FAQ - #554 by ToyKeeper

I think she sent it to Lumintop shortly after that. Some people have flashed their own lights, but I don’t think this newer firmware has showed up on factory lights, yet. Maybe it has shown up on a few, I seem to recall people saying they have 2 different lockout mode brightness levels. That’s a sign of the new firmware, right? I’m not positive on this.

what does ‘13H’ from off mean? How does one do that please?

@JasonWW Right, I think contactcr is correct that the linked picture changed.

@saypat I believe it means 13 clicks and hold on the last one.

I’m pretty sure it means 13 fast clicks, but I’m not sure what the H specifically means.

EDIT, 13 fast and Hold does make sense.

Regardless when it was posted its not for a FW3* light, see below.

True.

Nothing for people with an FW3* light

This right here. It’s for a different light than the FW3*.

on my newest light from Vipon deal I have a Flash midway before the ceiling flash — I was wondering what that was—I guess I inadvertently set a memory point — I’ll try and reset it to verify

I tried to move that flash midway - no dice - I guess that flash means something else

The flash indicates when you switch between 7135x1 regulated mode and 7135x8 mode. This is a set point and can’t be changed. As far as I know, all FW3x lights should do this.

Boy these clear tail cap o rings are certainly fragile.
I’ve lost 2 of them to slicing whilst twisting tail cap.

You missed the part where he said his other FW3A lights did not have this extra flash. This must be a new thing. (it might be the ceiling was set a bit higher causing 3 blinks)

If it’s not the transition from 1 to 8 7135 it is the transition from 7135 to FET.

Not true. A new firmware version could have this added blink.

What your saying is true for the first batches of the FW3A.

This could be a newer batch.

He’s got 3 other FW3A’s that have the regular blinks, but his newest one has an extra blink.

I have one of the newest batch FW3A’s from the same Vipon deal. I just got it a few days ago. It only has the 1x - 8x 7135 transition blink.

Maybe the two lights have different firmware regardless of them coming from the same store?

IDK.

I think Chops said he was measuring output, maybe he could figure out the lumens where each blink takes place.

But which firmware would cause the blink? It is not in the official firmware: ~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/trunk : contents of ToyKeeper/spaghetti-monster/anduril/anduril.c at revision 236

I highly doubt that Lumintop modified the firmware in this way.

I’ll check the output of the middle blink tomorrow when I’m home —- The first blink we all know is the Floor setting and the last blink is the Ceiling that we program in the lights —- this is the first I’ve heard about 1/7135 or 8/7135

I find it odd Toykeeper hasn’t chimed in on any of these issues we have been talking about —————- :question:

This is actually incorrect. It does not blink at all based on floor or ceiling settings. It does blink at the ceiling wherever that may be set at.

It is just a coincidence that the default ramp ceiling is right at the top of channel 2 (just before the FET kicks in)

If you set the ramp ceiling to 100% you will still get that blink around 900 lumen where it switches channels.

The lower blink is around 110 lumens where it switches from channel 1 to channel 2. This blink is also fixed.

Toykeeper hasn’t chimed in to several posts that need her expertise. She might not be getting thread notifications. It happens sometimes.

I was almost certain that there’s a blink at the ceiling setting —- mine blinks at around 700 lumens right where my ceiling is set —- there is also a slight blink when you hold at turn on that starts you in your floor setting —- this light is too smart for me

It will blink (or blip, as it is called in the source) at several points:

• If you hold from off, after the hold timeout to notify that it is safe to release the button without blinding yourself (before the blip the press would be interpreted as a short press)
  • At the transition from single 7135 to all eight 7135
  • At the transition from all 7135 to FET. In the default config of the FW3A this is also the ceiling.
  • At the ceiling

There are some other config related cases, but we are talking just about blips during ramping.

Also note that the first one doesn’t happen in the latest development firmware anymore because the button timing was changed (so that the light turns on when it is clear whether it was a long or a short press).

Hey, your right, I was wrong. I set my ceiling to 5 clicks. Now I ramp up from moon and I get 3 blinks. One at the 1 x 7135 to 8 x 7135 change, one at the 8 x 7135 to FET change and one at the new ceiling level.

Maybe Chops light has the ramp ceiling set higher than normal and that’s where his extra blink is coming from.

I see now that this is correct ——I’m thinking my mid blink is lower because I went to Samsung LEDs —therefore its reaching 8-7135 at a lot less lumens than the XPL version I have —- I also am thinking the crazy ramping down and slowly ramping back up is because with the Samsungs 700+ lumens is out of regulation — I don’t know if this is correct —-