Ganzo G7511 Quick action knife Review

Ganzo G7511 firebird

!

!

Hey folks long time no see! Not many flashlight reviews lately more knife reviews for my YouTube Channel which I didn’t bother putting up here. Except this knife review this one will go really good with a flashlight for an EDC combo.

Usually I would say I don’t know if this is aloud in Australia. I had custom inspect the package and it was okay. Well they let it through I think they have eased the laws on thumb studs now. I could also be completely wrong.

Okay so today we will be reviewing the Ganzo G7511 quick action folding knife. The Ganzo G7511 is not an assisted opener it is an easy opener. The G7511 has no spring mechanism to help open the knife it uses a bearing system to help with opening the knife quick and easy.

The Ganzo G7511 was sent to me by Gearbest for review. makes it easier to beat on them when i get them for review purpose.

Ganzo G7511

Price:$15.24

:

!

!

The G7511 is super fast at opening. I can personally open the G7511 in way under 1 second. For an average user the knife can be fully deployed in under 1 second. I just timed my self opening the knife it took me a whole 2-300miliseconds. Compared to other easy opening knifes I own this one is a tad faster. Lets say for instance if I had a spring assisted knife. The G7511 going against the spring assisted knife takes around the same time to open maybe 50 milliseconds less. But we all know I don’t own one! I have many! Just kidding I don’t want my house raided lol. Given the fact I can open just about any knife quick I have no need for an assisted openers. I am all for these style knifes for the ease of use overall easy openers! When I am fishing often I will need a knife while I am holding another tool in my other hand this is where these style knifes shine. I actually mean I could be holding a fishing in one hand sounds more professional.

!

!

The fast opening action is the main selling point for the G7511. This is only one feature in the feature packed Ganzo G7511.
A durable knife is more useful then a quick action knife. So how does the knife hold up under extreme use? The Ganzo G7511 holds up really well I put the G7511 through a bunch of test. Which you can watch me do in my video review. Unlike flashlights its hard to review knifes in writing I cant not show you the test I am doing. No beam shots today :frowning:

I used the G7511 to cut into a tree branch the G7511 perform superb I put this down to the fact that the G7511 is a big knife its overall length is 21cm. The blade length is 9.3cm and the handle is 12cm long so you can see the knife is fairly sizable. The overall weight is okay at 149 grams I cant complain its not the heaviest but its not light weight either. Its a typical Ganzo feeling knife.

!

!

Size specs (In case you don’t want to read lol)

• Overall: 21.3cm
  • Blade: 9.3cm
  • Handle: 12cm
  • Blade with: 3cm

So as I was saying I done about 80 strokes/hits of the blade into the branch machete style the G7511 handle the test really well. The blade came out on top and had no dint or chips in it. The overall size helps with removing a fair bit of wood this way. Also the angel that the blade is at is well suited to this. The vibration was minimal compared to other knife. You don’t get the complete size to beat the shit out of it usually i would prefer a 5+ inch knife for this task.

!

!

Using the G7511 to sharpen a point on a branch works out well the G7511 is super comfy you have plenty of space to maneuver the knife around. With the G7511 being so big you can place your hands where it feels comfy. The jimping offers ample grip and the choil although small is still useful for this style work. Folding knives will always excel at tests like this they are made for it. Once again this is where the blade angel and thickness shines.

Now the main test that I never do with a knife lol. I have reviewed folding knives in the past but usually I don’t test them. To me folding knifes are light duty. I use them to cut open a box or cut my fishing line. Very light work I am not going to grab a folding knife and attempt to cut down a tree. I just bought a reciprocating saw for that lol. After using the reciprocating all knife feedback is nothing much lol.

!

!

Okay so I wanted to test the locking mechanism on the G7511. The G7511 uses a liner locking system and these are tried and tested for a very long time. Probably not the best locking style but its cheap and works good enough. Now looking at the G7511 the liner lock sits in the center of the blade which is okay but I would prefer the liner lock to lock the whole way out.

!

!

I tested the G7511 by hitting the spine against a log 10 times with a fair bit of force more then what most folding knives will ever see. It passes this test. I then tried to hit the G7511 in different areas. Once the knife is hit more towards the end of the blade it tends to fold in. Its not a catastrophic failure considering I didn’t reset the blade after the first test but just makes me wonder if I can improve the liner lock? I have other Ganzo and other knife that wont fold back in at all not matter how hard you beat it. I tried to beat the G7511 against my computer desk and it does not fold in at all even after more then 10 hits.
Update even though this is yet to be posted i took a pic of other liner lock knives i have some sit in the same place some sit further across. Other knives blades are also on an angel?

!

!

I can see the issue the back of the blade is on a slight angel. I can easily fix this but is there any reason Ganzo would have done this? Bad QC? I mean its a 15 USD knife and you get so much I would not expect this knife to be perfect seeing as the price is so little. I am calling all you knife experts I have enough knives to join a blade forum which I probably should.

I am honestly not sure what to expect from a folding knife! how much abuse do you expect a folding knife to handle?

!

!

That concludes my testing of the G7511 to me it passes with flying colors the locking issues is not an issue if your not going to the beat the life out of the knife you will most likely snap the blade first.

Spec wise the Ganzo G7511 is really good its got the usual Ganzo quality and is build like a tank.

The G7511 features

• 440c stainless steel
  • G10 handle
  • Liner lock
  • Clip
  • Thumb stud
  • Fine blade type
  • Flipper/Guard

The Ganzo G7511 is very well speced for its price. I guess I should mention the knife was sent to me Gearbest I will leave a link here if you are interested.

The G7511 is using 440c stainless steel which is more then enough for this level knife. 440C Stainless is a good compromise between strength and edge retention and its good to see 440c being used on a knife of this price. The 440c stainless is a Ganzo standard steel I see it being used on most of there knives. I do have cheaper Ganzo that have unknown steels.

The handle on the G7511 is great it is made out of G10 which is a good material and my preferred knife handle material. The G10 handle on the G7511 offers a good amount of grip and feels comfortable in the hands. Even when wet the handle still offers good grip and as a bonus the handle is fairly good at shock absorption. The finger cut outs are great and fit my fingers really well the G7511 get 10/10 for ergonomics.

!

!

The opening mechanism on the G7511 is good it uses a ball bearing system for the quick action. The G7511 can be opened one handed easy but stays well put when the knife is folded in place. Shaking the G7511 doesn’t budge it when the knife blade is folded in. The G7511 has two quick ways of opening either using the thumb stud on either side of the G7511 depending on what side you place the clip. The clip is stainless steel. Or using the flipper up the top of the knife. The thumb stud is the best bet for me I feel that the flipper is still a little to short to get enough leverage for quick opening. The flipper also doubles as a guard.

!

!

Comparison wise if i was to compare this knife to the G704. The G704 is a world famous knife i would rate the G7511 better in all areas. Except the locking mechanism i really enjoy the axis lock and lucky you can buy this with an axis lock. The liner lock works well and is a good locking system i just like the feels of an axis lock. The build quality is much better on the G7511 compared to the G704 and it comes in at a better price. The G7511 is a tad bigger then the G704.

!

!

Overall the Ganzo G7511 feels really good its super comfy to hold and is easy to use ergonomics is an import factors in a knife if your actually going to use it for its intended task… The Ganzo G7511 is a very well built knife it feels really solid and sterdy. You get a lot for the money you pay. Its a hard knife to beat in any price range. If your after a full sized pocket knife the Ganzo G7511 is defiantly worth a look. I have a paid a lot more and gotten a lot less for the money.

YouTube review

Thanks for reading

Regards Chris

“I can see the issue the back of the blade is on a slight angel. I can easily fix this but is there any reason Ganzo would have done this? Bad QC? I mean its a 15 USD knife and you get so much I would not expect this knife to be perfect seeing as the price is so little. I am calling all you knife experts I have enough knives to join a blade forum which I probably should.”

If you mean the contacting surface of blade and the liner lock, that’s made angled intentionally to maintain a solid lock up even after some wear-out.
What’s about the green stripes on the handle? Do they have any function (for example GITD )?

Hey mate but could that angle be causing the knife to open when i hit on the back?

Where do you think it is appropriate for the liner lock to sit on the back of the blade?

Yea i just double checked the lines are glow in the dark and they also double up to help find the knife when dropped i guess.

I prefer an early lock up (~30%) on my liner lock and frame lock folders.
That Ganzo might need a little wearing in, I wouldn’t touch the contact surface on the blade because it’s very easy to screw it up.
GITD is useful otherwise I wouldn’t go for those “adidas stripes”! :laughing:

Nice review, thanks

What do you mean with that customs part? I am not allowed to carry locking studded knifes in public without reason but can on my own property. Fishermen and hunters have a reason and may pocket while doing the hobby.
If one cannot carry public Aussie customs seized? Nasty!

Hey Miller thanks mate!

Yea the laws are strict here if its illegal to carry its illegal to own.
Assisted openers
Butterfly knives
Some thumb studs or easy openers
Double edged blades
Plus heaps more

Illegal here to carry multi-tools