GB BLF LuckySun D80-SE Need long tubes? -3/3/16

Thanks
My light works great but the tinkerer in me can’t resist :wink:

Please put me down for a tube.

I just got my light, it’s awesome. Very well made, I’m very impressed with it.

What you note is what I found visually as well with the D80, I’m not sure how, but it slightly out performs other larger similar lights without the highest Amp levels. I still have yet to get a final version, but even my first 3C sample which was just around 2.8A I find myself still using regularly, there is something kind of neat about the small shape/form and high throw. Even with “muggles” the low output as the battery drains to 3V is obvious and I think it should be a safe enough gift. Nobody seems to know how or why LVP was gotten rid of, it was a spec that was not asked to be changed.

I get a sick feeling with some PWM, and even though this D80 PWM is noted to be “horrible” by some, I don’t feel sick using it, though I almost always am either light sabering it on turbo outside, or using moon to not step on the dog.

Overall, being a party to what went on, it feels like playing “whack a mole” trying to fix problems dealing with Chinese manufacturers and these lights to get them up to desired spec: every change takes time to communicate to the seller, then time to communicate to the manufacturer to get it right, and then as soon as we try to get one thing to fit spec, something else is changed/”fixed” by the producer/manufacturer and causes another problem, which then has to be addressed all over again, along with the previous issues that weren’t dealt with the way we asked in the first place…and apparently, if you don’t check every thing every time, they can change other specs in the process you thought were fixed, and may not notice the next time the specific change we want is addressed… four lights and each one is apparently “unique” and has things changed from the previous model that were not specifically asked for.

Hi Kronos, please put me down for a long tube. Thank you!

Something happened to my D80, all this talk about battery tubes and mine shrunk!

:bigsmile:

My first chop ever. Not as clean as I’d have liked, made a mistake that limited what I could do. But it works. Pretty neat feel in the hand, looks cool, I like it. :slight_smile:

Kronos...please change mine to 2. The giftees could care less and love this D80 just the way it is....actually what they said is: wtf...where the hell did you get that???

And you gonna start doing these for what price for the rest of us when Dale? :evil:

2 tubes for me

I need more time, a new memory card for my “hard drive” (do they have those? A wet connect memory card you can stick in your ear? lol)

I was gonna try to squeeze that little chop between everything else that’s going on, figured hey, how long could it take right? I’ve never chopped a light before. Mounted the female threaded end to snug in the chuck on the lathe and deformed it, had to spend time getting it where it’d thread back onto the head which entailed cutting an aluminum rod into a guide to true the tube so it’d go back on, didn’t get the inside shoulder cut quite square enough to the pieces don’t mate perfectly, but all in all, considering, it went pretty well. Ended up making another piece to fit into the mouth of the female end of the tube so I could hammer it in solid. lol One thing after another. Like Roseanne Rosana Dana’s daddy always used to say on Saturday Night Live…

I forget too much, almost have to start over every time I go out to the shop. Frustrating. And all this cold front stuff blowing in from the North has incubated baby rust on the chuck and bed. Geesh. If it’s not one thing it’s another!

And now I am about to have to generate the list for a giveaway, with my computer offline and hammering away on my mom’s little PC on the other side of the house. YUCK! Where am I? 2 to go? 1?

One tube for me

That shorty turned out real well. I think it looks better than the x6 shorty. I wish somebody would start selling these short tubes….

Thanks to everyone for the positive remarks. :slight_smile:

The intriguing thing to me is that, despite the challenges some are having, this little $20 light performs…and performs in a HUGE way! I knew the D80 was a winner the first time I played with it. The SE version took forever to produce, but I am glad we did it!

It certainly doesn’t look like most other lights. I’ve always liked the look of the D80, and could never quite understand the dislike some have for it’s looks. Nevertheless, it is obvious that the performance is what wins BLFers over. So…can anyone admit that this is a much cooler looking light that they thought previously? :slight_smile:

Thanks to Dale, B42, manxbuggy1 and JMPaul for helping us develop this little beast. Thanks also to ReManG for formatting the GB PM addresses as well. The biggest thanks goes to the BLF members that slogged it out with us for a year!

Cheers…and here’s to the future :beer:

And thank you krono.

Dale- I want a shorty tube now & I didn’t even get my D80 in yet! lol

Krono and everyone that helped- you guys are bomb as usual!

Cheers Krono! For all the work and persistance, and for staying positive while having to deal with the madmaking (would it be for me) cooperation with Lucky Sun in this group buy.

I’ll take 3 long tubes.

Ill take 2 tubes

thanks

I'll take 2 tubes. Thanks.

Is that running on a CR123?

if so Do I need to order a spare tube and have you cut it, thread it and… wow that is rather kick ass.

Likely a 18350.