GB Clone Offically "SOLD OUT" 10/21/18 XPL HI 1300LM Focusing AKA Cometa 2016

That is about the craziest thing I’ve seen BG do yet, trying to say the regular price for this POS clone is or was ever priced at $95, it’s never been put up for sale for over $45, GB was $40,
I think they are really losing their minds or have become such habitual liars that even they believe they now have a $500 light on sale now for $95, and we’ll even throw in 4 - 21700 cells for FREE,

Yeah, the Butterfly Spacer / Insulator I use does not have the raised ring around the LED like those do. It is a nice fit & no drilling or modifying required of Black Disc. :wink:

Yep T18… that is a crazy price for sure. :smiley:

What would be a nice LED to get rid of The Bat Signal when fully zoomed? That hexagonal Nichia, maybe? Dunno how efficient (ie, how much of a bite I’d take swapping it in) vs the come-with Cree, how much of a difference the Vf might make, etc.

Even a square flip-chip would get rid of the bond-wires and pads, I imagine.

Anyone think this through yet?

Batsignal for the win!!!

Otherwise, take a look at the NVSL319A and NVSW319A offerings at Clemence's shop.

Up to 1400 lumens at 6A with good cooling does not seems to be bad, but throwing wise it depends on its actual die size and if dedomed or not.

Cheers :-)

I put the new osram throw king led in my cometa and I am getting 315kcd out of it now.

More details in the dedicated osram thread

Yeh, saw the graphs that Koef(?) put up, like, last year. Seems to be kinda inefficient compared to an XP-L2 or so. I didn’t want to cook the beastie too badly, so wouldn’t want to go beyond 4A or so.

And cut the lumenage down to a third for a more realistic light-on-target… :expressionless:

One of the Cometas I got today had a Bat Signal that was horribly “smeared” in 2 directions. Cleaned off the lens, got off an obvious greasy fingerprint (on the flat side!), looks clear now, but still got the “smear”. Wonder if it’s mounted off-axis or something.

The one I’m using now has an offset faint circle around the Bat Signal that’s due to the lens sliding around. Loosen the bezel, poke the lens from the side, and the “halo” jiggles around, and a poke in the right direction makes the 2 concentric, ie, no more “halo”. Try holding it in-place while tightening the bezel, and forget it, it slides right back to where it wants to be. Not a big deal, as I can live with that, it’s so minor.

But the “smearing” on this new one is horrible. It literally looks as if someone inked a pic of the lit chip, and smudged it in one direction then another while the ink was still wet. Fiik what’s making it look that way. Will have to try disassembling it into pieces to experiment with it.

Worst case, I’ll sell it to some unsuspecting widow/orphan.

Whups… ’Twas TA who done it.

Good point!
I’ll use the stock LED board or one of similar thickness.
(got 3 bare “Flat White” from L4P)

Mine with “White Flat” :

Another one with LH351D (right is sliced SST20 in a B158B)

Wonder what the bezel made of, I use the same method (10 Min in Sodium hydroxide+sanding) of both C6F and CPF but look at the result.

!!

!!

banggood did again! cancel my order two weeks later.

I would like to analyze the metal to know what rubbish toxic metal inside Sick

DU. :smiling_imp:

Ditto also order cancelled today by BG. Surprise surprise, there were plenty still in stock when I ordered just one, from CN, as an experiment.

Still 134 left in UK warehouse (allegedly), but I won’t be biting at £21.41 (supposedly 50% off). That’s about $27.

I had hoped that they would just have sent one from the UK, to me in the UK, at the $15 price. Same things have happened before, in 3 days. But that was obviously too obvious this time, or they just wanted to back out from “the deal”.

Meanwhile they can hang onto the UK/EU stock and slowly slowly get rid. Selling to anyone who doesn’t know how to do a search.

Or am I making a mistake and missing the biggest bargain ever ? Depends how you value your time and effort. IMO easiest just to buy the real thing for a few dollars more. First World problems ?

I don’t think so. Dodged the bullet I think.

I think the weight might have been a clue if so :wink:

My guess is that the caustic was not strong enough or left long enough to get all the ano. off. If so, reassuring, indicative of a good layer. Try again, I’d say.

My order was also cancelled.

Bummer.

FB

It is really bad how BG handled the complete thing!
In total i ordered 3 Cometas one with battery (was refunded because they were sold out). And two without battery (one was delivered and one refunded).
I asked if they could send one from the UK warehouse instead of refunding but that is not possible! They have to refund but then i could buy from UK warehouse again (for ~2x the price. Really? Sure? It will be my honor! I am sooo thankfull! Yeah will 100% do so because i am really stupid! ! !

So far, mine is remaining in the SHIPPED column on the Banggood site. :+1:

• Ordered 18 October
  • Shipped 25 October

Guess I was fortunate that I got all 3 of mine. Ordered 2 one day without the battery and one with a battery the next day. Just got the one with the battery a week ago. The 2 without a battery were received almost a month ago.