[GB-Closed!] Supbeam k40-l2 (Payment details in 2nd post!)

So, is the price $80 including shipping or not? From the replies you got it sounds like $80 inc shipping exc alu box.

Yeah, but pesonally I will pay the $3.30 for the aluminum case. But who ever wants to cut it down to $80 can exclude the box

Was it $83 inc shipping plus the box then? I thought that were $97 inc shipping.

Nice light. That beamshot looks indeed powerful.

No, it is $83.30 shipped with the box.

I think from now I am going to get a sample for reference from now on for future group buys. I can't measure lumens or pwm, but I can measure any other needed data. would save a lot of time and questions if I could just take a lux reading, and check it out with my multimeter...

Alice is having an engineer loom into the candela, lumens and current specs. I'll be sure to update you guys as soon as I get a reply

Pending the outcome, I'm in for one light :)

I really really shouldn't, but I don't have a monster thrower yet. How is strobe mode accessed? I like having a power switch along with the magnetic ring.

PWM is surprisingly easy to measure if you have a DMM capable of measuring it. If you do end up getting a sample tell me and I can lend you my DMM which is capable of it.

Strobe is the last notch on the magnetic ring. It goes from low to high, then standby, then strobe. So you can miss it altogether, or have the light come on in whatever mode you want by setting the ring, then switching on with the tailcap button. It works well.

A kind of rough way of telling if the PWM is noticeable is to run a shower and shine the light in. If the water droplets don’t look normal then you’ve got noticeable pwm! Or just wave your hand in the beam really fast.

Aww man, lucky you!

Hope this GB goes through, definitely takes a lot of time and work. :slight_smile:

ive just passed word of this GB along to vinh

he mods these to 6.5a on high

ALL SOLD vinhnguyen54 TN31, K40 6.5A!!! | Candle Power Flashlight Forum!!!

If he is interested in this GB he may be buying my unit for me and modding it

no official measurements, but i would guess around 250klux

Well Pulsar, you already know my budget and opinion about this flashlight, I really want this light and I will try to get the money but can’t promise :~
Put 1 in maybe (with metal box)…

Hello Nick

The engineer has confirmed that the most the xml2 u2 is able to put out is about 1100 lumens at 3a. And it would be right around 620m of throw.

Thanks

Alice

either we are incredibly accurate with our methods of calculating lumens, and throw, or they are just telling us what we want to hear... I am on the fence of going threw on this group buy...

yeah, but the only reason i asked was so I could have an item in hand to answer all the questions about it. like i said, its a lot easier for me to shoot the beam at my lux meter and get a real world number, and check the amps at the emitter. this is a lot of money to ask people to pay for an item when we can not be sure about the numbers given

Sounds like they fed themselves with our info. Even at 1100 emitter lumens, I doubt they could get over 1000 OTF. That would be one efficient (read: perfect) reflector/lens combo.
Edit: Wait, reread that. Engineer confirming the emitter lumens, so they need to give us the measured OTF lumens again, now that they confirmed their previous number is impossible.

yeah, they have a very nice integrating sphere, but is it not calibrated or what? or did they lower the current of the driver? lots of questions at this point

Sounds like they’re BSing us. I’d still like one at that rate since everyone who had the first one was blown away by it, and this can only be as good or better. But once again, Chinese sleight-of-hand may well cost them business.

I'm on the fence given the number fudging. Ask them if they will be willing to take a smaller number of orders, like say 10... without hard numbers I don't see this GB moving forward from the feeler stage.