[GB-Closed!] Supfire m6 triple - CLOSED!

can anyone translate this image?

The #1 is “Nihon”, i.e., Japan…

got to love translations :money_mouth_face:

I’m guessing (just guessing) that it might be a chart showing their shipping costs to different countries, in Yuan?

Japan => 62 Yuan > $10.10 USD
U.S. => 85 Yuan > $13.85 USD

??

i will wait patiently since this is my 3rd multi emitter light.
1st is DRY (my brother give it to me after i begging him so hard :_( )
2nd is Roche M 170

I would guess, from past experience, that the shipping would be about 65 to 90 Yuan, or $10 to $15 USD. That falls in with what they show and that is realistic, based on China Post. HK post should be more than that. DHL should be about $50+ USD and EMS even higher yet. These resellers using "Free Shipping", aren't eating any costs. They mark up to cover shipping, by buying it at such a low, low price to begin with. I bet that the light itself, in China, would go for less than $15USD if a reseller bought several hundred of them, so if they resold it at $50 USD with free shipping, they got it covered.

With the fact that this is direct from the factory and only 50 to 75 pieces, the price is actually very good and if they want a few dollars shipping, they are not ripping anyone off there. It is a fair price and they aren't cheating anyone. PayPal costs as well, so they are not wrong there either.

Some people expect something for nothing and others expect that they should have special treatment. Others believe "free Shipping" is really free, but it is not, not for a second. You pay for it no matter what you think. It's all just a state of mind and a ruse. Shipping is never free, you just paid enough that the seller paid for shipping out of the profit and still made a profit. Edit: and some people just have to watch a budget closely. I wasn't trying to knock people down, it just came out that way.

Pulsar, thank you for such patience. I never would have gotten past the second or third page of rants.Laughing

Translation of the image:

Japan (62)

Singapore, India, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia (71.5)

Austria, Croatia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Hungary, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Holland, Czech Republic, Greece, Finland, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, Australia, Israel (81)

New Zealand, Turkey (85)

USA, Canada, England, Spain, France, Ukraine, Luxembourg, Estonia, Lithuania, Romania, Belarus, Slovenia, Malta, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Vietnam, Philippines, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, North Korea, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Sri Lanka, Palestinian, Syria, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar (90.5)

and if those numbers mean yuan

62 yuan = 10.10 US
71.5 yuan = 11.65 US
81 yuan = 13.2 US
85 yuan = 13.85 US
90.5 yuan = 14.75US

Thank you, I was going to pm you the image tomorrow if I didn't get a legible response lol.

Put me down for one.

And thank you Pulsar for ALL your efforts.

(I agree with Relic regarding speed, the sooner the better.)

Yeah I understand Justin, took no offense to anyone backing out. I still think this is a good deal, even without a review. I may be looking at it with modder eyes, but honestly think we are all making out good. We get a good liking host with internals typical to a king, and from a company that's known to have good fit and finish. They are getting many pieces sent out to one of the largest flashlight communities. If they listen to my recommendations, they will stick around here and listen to reasonable suggestions, and use our commercial sellers forum to promote their product...

When I say known to have good fit and finish, I'm pretty much referring to what little feedback ive seen. One member here rated it an 8.5 in fit and finish which for one of us saying that, I take it as a good thing.

Funny, that Japan is the cheapest.. not even their own neighbors like Korea etc...

they must be happy with saving a few bucks by sending one to me for the groupbuy price.. ;)

so you actually pay $20 for the light............thats insane!

Wow! This is now becoming to be a costly buy for the time to spent on what’s going on. :frowning:
I don’t think we can get a notification on when the final deal is done and we have to monitor
postings here.
:beer:

I think that what was on that chart were their shipping prices, rather than shipping cost. I’m guessing their shipping costs are closer to what Pulsar was able to negotiate, at least on average. Either that, or as you suggested, they were eating into the cost/price of the actual light (i.e., eating some of the shipping cost). We can only guess, I think :(…

Online merchants including those from eBay, FastTech, DX, etc should have a cheaper way of sending items.

How do they do free shipping with $0.80 items?

There must be a way that Supfire is not paying those prices in the photo.

i had to pay 5-$6 for a very lightweight packet from a taobao agent.

anyway, the price will probably also include handling fees and what more.

I think bulk shipping is calculated by weight alone (or mainly), not number of packages or other factors, which makes for cheap shipping on small/lightweight items by the big companies.

In case of a 400 gram package, I doubt it can be done for less than a few bucks.

As Old Lumens said, there is not such thing as free shipping.

May be they will. If manufactures aware, reading what this kind of flashlight forum member’s want, can give them huge advantage.
They’ll get market trend of demand for minimal cost, without have to spent much money doing market research or create trial products and be more focus on development.

Same with some others here, in my opinion they simply not have many experiences on shipping for direct retail selling. Some of them even resist to use cheaper shipping cost method because afraid item is lost and get claimed.

Additional paypal fee is not unusual if deal directly. May be most of us already adapted to something like free shipping and no extra charge, which is actually same thing. They usually gross it up on listing price and for each item. If you buy more than 1, they’ll get more profit on combined shipping cost.

I guess will be very hard to find free shipping with $0.80 item in this flashlight’s measure.
For small item it’s very possible, can use regular letter or if efficient enough (retail store with many orders) can use bulk mail like this HK Post
This is not the case with Supfire’s supplier.

Just my $0.02

Btw, thanks Pulsar for your effort on this group buy, although I’m not join to buy one because still stick on single battery flashlight.
May be later I’ll buy multiple batteries flashlight, have one or two that I’m interested though :smiley:

Exactly. No offence intended to those who do see it as added costs, they are from our perspective. But they aren’t being sneaky or adding costs for the sake of it. The price was so low as they are used to selling in bulk with a set shipping rate on a box of 50 or more added on. China post shipping is cheap, but not free by any means, and they have little to no experience of retail selling. Cut them a bit of slack, as we are still onto a really good deal here :slight_smile:

I was told when visiting Bali or Bangkok not to flash cc or money around and never reveal my budget or comment that prices are very cheap. :_(