[GB-Feedback] Supfire M6 Upgraded Version

last night i use it 1 hour and it was to hot to handle,hope i don’t fry something inside :~

Is there anybody else that has not received theirs yet?

I didn’t get mine.

Got It. Day 44 Perfect shape, Very bright

Actually when it doesn’t feel hot is normally when you need to worry, a cool light can mean that all the heat is concentrated inside, which can fry it.

thanks for your confirmation Mr.Admin :slight_smile:
i never use it more than 5 minutes on high,just want to test how long it can go on high.
i’ll test it on med tonight :slight_smile:
ow crap i was posting 3 times in this thread.
sorry pulsar i really forget about it :frowning:

chatter HERE please..

I finally got around to upgrading the lens with 55mmx3mm Double Side AR Coating Glass lens from CNQG . It’s a perfect fit.

Was it an EZ swap?

Anyone determine how much more percentage of light transmission this would yield?

Just drop it in and screw the bezel back down.

Just got back from the local testing ground ( on my deck with lights aimed over the farmers fields) and the verdict is in, The M6 outshines and out throws my Kung with 4 T6’s.
Both lights are stock.
I also like the fact that the M6 has a nice low setting. Tint looks fine to me, but I must admit I am not real picky about tint unless is really an obvious green or purple. This light has neither, just nice white. Lots of it.
I didn’t use it real long, so can’t really comment on heat build up, that will be for another night.

Anyway, I am a happy camper for the low money paid.
Thanks,
Keith

just testing and its work with only 2 cell

I just got mine this week, and I haven’t read through this entire thread, but I wish they had include a rubber plug or screw or something to cover the tripod hole. It looks weird with it open like that.

yeh, I don’t recall ever seeing a plug so to speak even for all the cameras I’ve been through. You could put a nice 1/4” bolt in there. It would be 1/4” by 20 tpi (threads per inch). Very common in US. Just make sure it’s a short one.

Aside from the obvious UI gripes pointed out already, I'm really quite a big fan of the M6. Definitely a step up from the SRK.

I wouldn't do that with a crappy ****fire battery though... might not end well.

A camera is a bit different. The tripod mount is usually on the bottom, where you don’t see it, plus, oftentimes or always (for me) in a case, and if that’s the case, the screw actually attaches the case to the camera.

With the M6, that hole is just “out there” to be seen. I actually thought it was the switch button when i first got the light :)…

I’ll check out some bolts, as you suggested.

Thanks,
Jim

Ya know, I was just about to edit that…thanks, previous post deleted.

No guarantee that it works, but their description seems to indicate that it has some kind of low battery protection?

http://www.supfire.com/product/20130704234_en.html

I know it’s a heavy light, and I may be imagining it, but if you squeeze the battery tube, it kind of feels like the metal “gives”. I didn’t try squeezing it really hard, for fear of denting it permanently, though.

Also, on the tube, on those sunken strips/channels, on mine, each one has a small white/silver “spot” at the front end of the channel. I’m not sure if it didn’t get anodized or what?

EDIT: I think that you can actually see those spots on the light on their web page:

http://www.supfire.com/product/20130704234_en.html

They look like reflections, but I don’t think they are.

Here’s a perfect solution. I just checked a pack of nylon license plate bolts that I got from Auto department store. (Oreileys I believe) You know, those rotating racks they have when you first enter the auto store? They just happen to be 1/4 x 20tpi and are marked on the pack as so. Perfect Solution.

And they are BLACK NYON. All you would have to do is hack saw one to length. Cheap and EZ.

Mine is the same. I read somewhere they flatten those “points” so your battery is not gouged when twisting and turning the battery case. Seems like they would do that before the anodizing….dunno.