GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

OK and thanks- I’ll email Richard. I don’t want to mess up a perfectly good board/emitter trying a reflow but I’m good with soldering a new board in.

Phil

If you order a emitter and Maxtoch board he will mount it for free, he charges a fair fee for dedoming. The downside at least for me was the tint is much warmer dedomed. Am looking for a 1A or cooler tint if I go this route with the M24. Runtime on a Y3 with 26650s will just about always be better than a 18650 light.

I’ll get him to mount the emitter but if it will ’gas de-dome” I’d kind of like to try that myself. My only fear is that if I try a reflow with my now-well-centered board/emitter I might screw something up royally and end up with a dead light. I’d rather have to old parts to reinstall just in case. All of this will be a first for me but I’ve done quite a bit of electronics soldering so I know I’m OK that far.

Phil

I think from memory - could be wrong here - the stock Yezl runs at about 60-65k lux, which means dedomed it’ll be round 120-130k. To have that light running over 300k like the BLF M24 with U4 is quite an achievement.

Willie you shd have a crack at modding up the BLF M24 to same degree - resistor mods etc - could end up way over 400k.

I wouldn’t like to hold onto it for too long but it would be great fun…

Richard has some 5+ amp buck drivers I think that would fit the M24 if you were just wanting to push it to see what it could achieve, you will of course be getting maybe 40 or 50 minutes run time out of it then.

That Y3 is 65K at stock 2A at the emitter. With a resistor mod (2x26650) bumps it closer to 5A at the emitter. No mystery that a dedomed XM-L2 U4 will out throw XPL HI. 26650s @ 5500+ma vs the best 18650 @ 3500ma, capacity is not an issue. IMO the best feature of the M24 is weight and is easiest to mount to weapon platform. At around post #166 Tom E does almost the identical mod I referenced to build mine complete with UCLp lens. The only major difference was his used a U2 vs my U4 binned emitter and our different method to obtain focus.

Ok guys I have been reading through this thread and tried doing some searching but have yet to fully understand the performance specs of this light. I am looking at the two versions Richard carries, the xml2 U2 and the xpl hi @ 4amps, but not sure what the candela is of each. I know the xpl hi will be more than the xml2 but by how much? It’s going to be a while before I get one, I’m just doing research now, but I want to get one that is at 220k candela.

The XM-L2 U2 is around 200K lux while the higher amp with XP-L HI is at 250K lux, the 4 amp version has been tested at 306K lux with a dedomed XM-L2 U4 dedomed emitter swapped for the XP-L HI one.

As another option - if you get Richard to swap a dedomed U4 into the M24 with XML2-U2 it will pop it up to the desired 220-230k lux, while retaining round 100-115 minutes runtime (on full power) on panasonic 3400s.

Thanks guys for the replies, sounds like the standard XPL-HI version will be just fine. Some friends of mine have the Olight M3XS-UT and I like the light but after I saw the xpl hi version of this light come out, I figured it would have to be close to the Olight for less money. What is the color temp of these?

It is on the high end of neutral almost to a cool. Maybe even the very low end of cool.

Sent you a pm also TacG

Totally missed this, how.

If you go back and look at the first post you can see that this one went really, really fast. So many of these group buys seem to take many months to work out. This one, however, was over - start to finish - in less than two months. Maxtoch don’t mess around. I hope we do more work with them in the future.

Thanks everyone for the replies, once I get some money saved up I believe this will be one of my next purchases, heck of a thrower for not much money.

Any chance of another group buy on these? I would definitely be in for 2.

I believe richard at mountain Electronics may still have some for sale:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=622

Huh, missed that. It does look like the same build, or at least something very close. Only real difference is the price.

Amanda from Maxtoch tells me it is the same torch, same amps - still an awesome price for this class of performer.

Just received mine from RMM. Tried it out tonight and it is one serious piece of equipment at a great price. Thanks to Robo, Amanda and all involved with making this upgraded Sniper happen.

Was glad to do it and glad you like the light also.

The high amp version Richard has IS the same light that was in the GB, Richard ordered 20 of them and just had the regular logo put on the tube is the only difference