GB/interest thread for the new HOST version of Eagle Eye X6 Cree XPL - HI (HOST ONLY) (CODE PUBLIC)

Got mine today, 11 days after order. Used international bridge for shipping. Well packaged. Very happy.

My two came today. Reflectors separate but only one screw in each package. The 350 tubes fit just fine but won’t know until built whether they are long enough. That fixable in any case.

Got my 1 host today - all looks good. Box is crushed a bit but they do seem to be better shipping bags now - more bubbles?? I was begging our BLF GearBest contact to use foam like BangGood does a while back - she asked me for pics that I sent, etc., but guess that didn't happen, yet at least. Probably too much $$$ but least maybe they are still considering it.

Mine were wrapped in bubblewrap. The boxes were still smashed but nothing damaged apart from the boxes. Lenses and reflectors in great shape.

ok a warning be careful assembling with the xpl or you will screw the led off the mcpb,

i am not the only one.

change the plastic ring and a xml works fine…

I'd suggest to enlarge the hole in the reflector sightly so the isolator is a drop in fit instead of push in. Yep I screwed an XPL of the MPCB the first time. With the reflector hole enlarged no problem.

Just a couple of pictures comparing this light with an XML2 led and a XPL HI.

Mouse over on both picture sets is the XPL HI.

Of all the hosts I've bought over the years these would have to be the best yet. Very happy with them.

Even better than a Convoy C8? :slight_smile:

I received the four I ordered. And yes, to me they are better than Convoy C8 hosts, by far.

they’re back:

or just search down in the thread:

Can someone who received these X6 XPL-HI version hosts from Gearbest verify the reflector is different than the reflector on a standard X6?
(XPL-HI reflector should be slightly curved and have an enlarged opening)

See posts #14 & 15 in this thread: Eagle Eye XP-L HI X6 & BLF X6-SE Comparison

I thought the XPL-HI version reflector already has an enlarged hole, are you suggesting to enlarge it further? Or were you talking about the regular X6 reflector?

The X6 XPL-HI host (subject of this thread) is suppose to have a different reflector than the regular X6, the HI reflector has a larger opening and is slightly curved and slightly shorter.

Photo for comparison:

XPL-HI on left, regular X6 on right

Photo courtesy of jescereal from his comparison between an X6 XPL-HI and a regular X6 (first edition BLF X6 SE)
(The XPL-HI light in the comparison is a complete light purchased directly from Eagle Eye Aliexpress store)

Here’s his comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/36880

Ok I messaged Eagle Eye and they responded, and as I was beginning to suspect there is only one host for all X6. The confusion began for me because Gearbest is calling it the “XPL-HI” host, when really it’s XML / XPL / XPL-HI

Reply from Eagle Eye:

X6 XML and X6 XPL HI use the same reflector,but different centering ring.

Comes with one each XML and XPL centering ring, if you want both the same instead please leave a message.

If you want black clip instead of silver, when you order, please leave a message

Host has EAGLE EYE X6 logo.

2 for $22.00 from EagleEye Aliexpress shop:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Eaglg-EyeX6-black-flashlight-host-include-OP-reflector-pill-head-O-ring-lanyard-spring-The-plated/1735126_32654498510.html

Also the Gearbest code for $12.00 ea. still works today.

You might point out to Eagle Eye that they have two typos in their name at Ali:

“Eaglg EyeX …”

The description says an OP reflector is included, but the picture shows a SMO reflector.
Does it come with both, just the OP, or just the SMO?
Thanks.

All the reflectors in my X6 HI hosts were smooth.

I went to mod one of my X6 hosts from gearbest today, and when I opened it up there was a protected Sanyo 18650 inside it.

Do you think it was a return item?

A quick FYI

Last night I was using my v1 BLF X6 SE and thinking “this is a really nice light in a really nice host. I should get some of these hosts…but EagleEye doesn’t have them for sale any more.”

So, I sent them a message on AliExpress and this morning, they replied with a link to an active listing for X6 hosts in lots of two. The price for each lot is $22 which works out to $11/host. The cheapest (ePacket) shipping for my order was $5.56, making the total cost per host ~$14.

It’s not an amazing deal with shipping, as smaller throwy 18650 lights go, you can get a single Convoy or Sofirn C8 host of similar quality for ~$/12-13. But the X6 is a little smaller, and a little sleeker, which together make it more pocketable.

It looks like Gearbest is selling the hosts individually for $15 + shipping.

It’s free shipping on Gearbest (at least for USA)

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_285242.html