GB Oficially closed/// Maxtoch 2X Shooter (new version)

Dale, Robo - can’t help but think it would be easy for modders to lift this light well over 400k.

Clearly current could go up straight away from factory 4.5 amps to maybe 5.0 or 5.2 - whatever the led threshold is. Then you have possible addition of UCLp lens, plus other mods. And how easy is it to swap in different switch system so people can program in their own desired modes/ratios etc? We’ve set this production model for hunting with a stable 365k output plus Hi/med/low modes, but there are other application setups that could be evolved at home for straight light buffs.

I know people had the earlier model 2X running up round 400k, so I’d imagine this one could hit 450+ ? I wonder what a VIN2X would look like? :slight_smile:

What would it take to get it to 450+k for the modders?

I got a quick and easy 356Kcd with a de-domed XP-G2 S2 0D, I put it on the center pad of a Noctigon 32mm, all wiring and driver components remain the same. Taped the bottom of the reflector with Kapton tape to prevent it shorting on all the extra pads on this particular Noctigon. Very tight beam, easily see the barn at 610 yds on LOW. High makes that barn look like it’s got a guard light mounted on it.

I don’t know if I want to mess with either of mine to be honest. I want to leave the factory one the way it came and I have the prototype tweaked just a little with a different insulator I sanded down and got the beam just a little bit tighter. I am happy with the way they both perform though without any other mods done to be honest.

I am sure the XP-G did had a super tight beam on it but also bright as all get out with what it hit. You up for trying a XHP 35 in it or anything Dale?…….lol

I actually have an XHP-35 sitting around doing nothing. I need extension tubes if I’m gonna try that, but sure, I’m game, I’ve got LD-2 drivers and all the componentry to set em up for the 12V system, even have new LDO’s for em, just never got around to doing another. The one I have is making about 2200 lumens, pretty dang tight, it’s in a MaxTOCH SN50 actually.

Hmmm that might make some super serious throw but is it practical?

Ah heck who cares you got me curious now.

I wonder if tubes from my SN-50 will fit this Shooter 2X? Hmmmm, might have to make a tube…

Only need 16 more to make it to the minimum of 50 guys to make it happen.

2x 18650 extension tube fitted to the Shooter 2X, so now it’s 4 cell capable. Hmmm, where did I put that XHP-35?

It just keeps getting better and better! This light and GB is a winner all-round.

Phil

Shooter 2X XHP-35 with LD-2 driver and 4 LG HE-2 cells at 4.08V, rested….

0.06A for 89 lumens
0.57A for 783.15
2.89A for 2346

281Kcd for 1060.19M throw

This is pretty much right after getting it working, reflector is sitting flat on the Noctigon 32mm mcpcb with Kapton tape doubled on it’s base (reflectors base). 22Ga leads.

Hmmm so the numbers went down, interesting.

Please put me down for 1 light with holster, and pay via paypal please…

Got ya , thanks

Only 15 to go guys to make the minimum now.

I haven’t messed with focus, when I pulled the centering ring from the XM-L2 it went down as well, so I need to fine tune the height of the reflector in relation to the XHP-35 to tighten the beam up. I tried a butterly spacer but it was too much, so I will mess with that later, time now to get the funk off from working in a very hot shed and sweating buckets. :wink: (around 93º today with a heat index over 98º)

Thanks for the feedback Dale, try sanding that butterfly insulator to about half thickness that’s what worked for me in the prototype.

You realize, of course, that the XHP-35 has a much larger die surface than the de-domed XM-L2? Not much way at all for it to throw further in the same reflector.

I have the stock centering ring in it now, it’s ultra thin between the reflector and mcpcb, not much to sand.

Yea guess so,the lumens are up though just not the throw, better put it back the way it came huh? :smiley:

Naaa, it’s still very potent and with so many more lumens the trade-off neutralizes. What do I need to see beyond 1000M? The sheer output inside 500M is plenty enough to warrant keeping it like this. I might find some 18500 cells and reconfigure my extension. At the moment, it’s a simple pipe with the manufacturers name on the side of it, lol.

I had a big project that I haven’t started on and had bought some 6061 thick walled tubing for the battery tubes, I used a piece of this, threaded on each end to match the MaxToch, and cut a sleeve that’s threaded through the middle, knurled the sleeve, it joins the extension to the existing tube. Works fine, Dad said “And just what in the world is THAT supposed to be?” lol

haha a club for the bad guys if it don’t blind them first.