GBGB: 4th batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050) - Coupon published!

Am I loosing my mind or is the code no longer working?

Clip tip :

Now the clip really grabs the edge of jean pocket :

did you ordered it unregistered or registered (with tracking)? I have ordered mine “unregistered” with insurance, it arrived in my country last dec. 24 as per shippers tracking number (invoice number used). last status is December 24 - transfer of customs, and it has never been updated since then. I checked my local post office but to no avail. What’s worse is I ordered another light from banggood on a later date (registered-with tracking number) than the blf-348, heck I already claimed it this monday January. still waiting for a post office notice for the blf-348 though.

Next time I should go for registered mail with tracking for my peace of mind. It sucks that the amount I saved for tracking is not worth the hassle. :person_facepalming:

My lights actually arrived a few days ago, I forgot to update this thread.

I think that the mail services are still trying to work through the backlog from Christmas, I had several packages show up within a few days that had been in a holding pattern for almost a month.

Does anyone know a source for a forward switch replacement for this light ?
Since it’s one mode, I could use a momentary on :slight_smile:

I received mine today. Is it supposed to be cooler tint than compared to the Astrolux A01?

Right. Cooler than A01 and a bit cooler than earlier batch.

This batch of BLF-348 is about 5000-5100K, which made me think that maybe we wouldn’t have the CRI as advertised… So I gave two random lights from this batch to maukka to be tested, and here are the results: (click for full resolution)

=> The promised CRI is definitely there, tint is almost perfectly neutral, and temperature is just above 5000K

+1; ‘frankensteinish’ or not.

Thanks for posting those, =the=, and thanks to maukka for doing the tests! That’s a very nice R9 value, too. I’m even happier about buying my four now :slight_smile:

Wow! Thanks!

Trying to order, but code from page 1 has expired. Is there a more recent one available?

I would be interested to know as well.

I think that would indicate the end of the GB and the price increased.
You guys could start a new batch GB and let us know, people will join/

Asked GB to extend the code and they agreed => the links and code are active again. Feel free to order. :slight_smile:

Do you suggest Expedited or Airmail and I’ll have it insured of course?

Thank you! I know of a few other people anxious to order!

Wow, that’s the power and charm of the =the=. :+1:

Wow! Thank you for getting it sorted again, I just made an order for 3!

I ordered mine from Gearbest today, couple of verifications:

Can I expect it to be pretty much the same as earlier batches / measurements?

My plan is to use it as an calibration device to my integrated sphere.

I found several measurements, but what could I use as reliable base for this batch?

I asume that using fairly new AAA batteries between 1.5 and 1.6v should be reliable enough.

Just ordered a couple. Looks like some versions sold out.

Now this is disturbing……I ordered the last one of the Non engraved without the gift box. Later I went back and was thinking of ordering some more and happened to click on the Non engraved without the gift box and it still showed it had one left. It looks like they are still selling these after they are sold out!!!