G'Day from Australia!

There are only CW U2 bins at the moment, yes. But the black Sky Ray King does indeed come in NW T6. It seems CNQG may have been out of stock for a while, but not anymore.

Welcome to BLF lionhart. Run now before its too late….
Btw you might know BJ Sparkymark he lived in Sydney I think…

Ordered and paid for!!!

Ended up getting the CW because of the better/brighter bin emitter. And wow factor, hahaha!!!
For anyone interested, the black one in NW will be in stock from the 2nd of November 2012. You can now order that online.

Also bought a SYSMAX Li-ion charger, I think you guys had a group buy on these recently, and the user Summer looked after me with a good price.

Now all I need to do is source (locally) 4x Panasonic 18650’s, like these:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-BLAZAR-PROTECTED-Panasonic-NCR-18650-B-3400mAh-Lithium-Li-ion-Battery-NIPPLE-/281004345565?pt=AU_Electronics_Batteries_Chargers&hash=item416d2a08dd

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages and great advice given in this thread, very much appreciated.

That’s very interesting. The black King was originally supposed to be a limited production run. But if there’s more stock coming in, perhaps it’s going to be around for a while.

Whatever batteries you end up getting for your King, make sure they are button top rather than nipple top. They’ll be nicer to the contact PCB (underside of the driver) over time.

Are any of the Panny’s button top? I thought most 18650’s were nipple or flat top?

Here’s a picture showing a nipple top next to a raised button top:

Flat tops generally have positive contacts that aren’t raised, and don’t make good contact (if any) end-to-end, or in lights like the Sky Ray King. Nipple tops are generally the longest, and while they’ll probably fit in the King, they’re more likely to wear down the driver contact when screwing the battery tube on. More pressure, less surface area, more damage.

I have a couple of flat tops because they’re good for lights that don’t like long batteries, but I think raised button tops are the best all-rounders.

Seems these are the best I can feed my new thrower in that case:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-BLAZAR-PROTECTED-Panasonic-NCR-18650-3100mAh-Lithium-Li-ion-battery-BUTTON-/280769021348?pt=AU_Electronics_Batteries_Chargers&hash=item415f2345a4

If you want to get the 3400mAh cells from that seller, you can request them in raised button top. He states the following in the listing : “This is the Nipple Top version. Other version including raised button tops are in stock and available on request at the same price. Just leave a message after purchase.”

buy these Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Didn’t notice that, thanks for the heads up

Only need 4, unless you wanna buy some off me!!

+1 These really are a very good buy.

^^This is the second recommendation for that bulk lot in this thread lionheart_2281. Perhaps you should consider them. The protection PCB will have slightly more resistance than the one the Blazars use, but I don’t think the difference will be all that significant. The price has got to tempt you :wink:

@edc: do you have these cells yourself?

Hi again everyone,

Well, I am disappointed.

I waited almost a month for my Black SRK to arrive from CN (Ric) and finally got it today.
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1708 - this is what I ordered and paid for.

RIC assured me it was an excellent batch directly from the original Sky Ray factory.
All that arrived was a flashlight, no logo, no lanyard, no receipt, no box.

Extremely disappointed to say the least. As it has no logo, it’s obviously a replica, not what I paid for.

Should I be seeking a refund? Is this what others have recieved from RIC from CN?

sure do!

Oh, and I just put my 4 quality 18650 batteries in it and it just flickers at about 5 lumen…the thing doesn’t even work! It barely turns on and fades in and out and flickers!!!