Gearbest.com want me to delete thread here on BLF to get a refund.

Gearbest: YMMV, I had the best deals with them, and also got defect items that I did not bother claiming back. The deals I got, in dollars, by far exceeded the problems.

As americans say “you get what you pay for”.

Holy thread resurrection from 2015 !

And welcome, though this is not a very promising first ever post.

Explain yourself, or disappear please. Facts and data.

GearBest are of course not perfect, but who of us are ? And they have to work with constantly shifting international postage, duty, tariffs, sanctions etc. arrangements whilst flogging sometimes rather dubious tat, that should never be allowed in, dodgy CE marks and paperwork or otherwise.

They are not so bad. Just trying to make a living and quite well set-up. Plenty of us here use them regularly, and excuse their occasional mistakes, and culture-clash with how needy demanding gobby entitled Westerners expect to be dealt with (It is very different there).

And they are all now ultra-cautious of Western scammers, trying-on e.g. the PayPal refund thing. Hence the “send a photo, send a video” requests. It’s not just time wasting, it’s because there are quite a few immoral bad people who take every opportunity to try to get something for free, even make a business from it and boast about it. Disgusting.

However if the torches are crap, and some recent ones have been, then a swift refund should be expected, rather than photo, video, palaver.

There are far worse out there, chancers who pop up, publish a smooth sounding story, then disappear leaving unfulfilled promises behind. Whilst keeping the money.

Every time I order and spending GB points they can’t deliver the product. This is now the second time this has happened to me. They only refund the paid money and the saved GB points are gone. Is it coincidence or just a dirty trick?