GearBest New Giveaway for he headlamp topics ( winners picked)

1. I have the Fenix HP25 and it having a twin-lens design, I can choose the all-flood, no hot-spot lens when working on 100% of my work requiring a hands-free light at arms length, at the same time the spot lens on stand-by as needed, or both.

2. The headlamp is mentioned above is 4xAA powered at the rear of your head, so a single or dual 18650 belt-mount battery pack alternative will also be nice.

3. Special design? Oh, instead of the dual-lens, a single-lens but with a rotating diffuser for simple spot or flood changeover on the head would be great!

4. At least 4 modes.

1. zebralight,

i have the xtar h2,

1. to address the xtar h2 short falls i swaped in a nichia 219c emitter and added dc-fix to address the overly tight spot (flood is what is needed on a head lamp)
  1. the red led (a nice addition) i roughed up and flatened the emitter dome to get rid of all artifacts (aka a perfectly even beam now) again flood and evenness are what is needed in a headlamp.
  1. no crazy blinky modes, just simple low to high. and the cr123/16340 cell is a very good size and weight for a head lamp.

1. Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XP-L V5 Warm Headlamp. Powerful, good quality
2 .When the Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XP-L V5 gets hot, it should less reduce the output.
3 . Rotating head
4 . Selection of head bands : different sizes, colours

1. What’s the best headlamp in the market you know and want to recommend it to others , and why do you think it’s best and recommendable
Zebralight AA, bacause it uses AA batteries

2. what’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) still needs
Remove strobe mode, useless for me, and a red led.

3. what’s your suggesting special functions for headlamps
A battery check, motion sensor.

4. any other thing you want to propose
Multi AA-Li ion driver for best compatibility with available batteries.

1. Xtar H3 Warboy- max.1000 lumen, perfect modes, and build quality.
2. Lower price
3. Must have moonlight mode
4. Water proof: IPX-8

1. What’s the best headlamp in the market you know and want to recommend it to others , and why do you think it’s best and recommendable
Nitecore HC90 - due to having RGBW colours, and variable brightness.
2. what’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) still needs
A version that doesn’t use li-ion cells, and used AA or AAA instead (will obviously not be as bright). Neutral white emitter.
Flashing red light on back for night runners.
My perfect headlamp would be lightweight, use AA or AAAs, have a neutral white high-CRI emitter on front, and flashing red on back for running.

1. It is a generic zoomable 3xAAA headlamp - similar to this one.

It’s not meant to be super bright. I like that it’s the perfect amount of light for shorter distances while I’m walking in the garden at night looking slugs. It’s quite inexpensive so I am not worried about being careful with it or losing it. It also feels lighter since there’s not a lot of metal in the build.

2. The one I have lets you adjust the angle downward. This one doesn’t look like it has this function. Other than that I don’t think there are really any changes.

3. I am going to repeat another users answer and say that an ability to change modes without having to physically touch the headlamp due to hands being dirty. Often my hands are dirty and I want to change from a high output to low while inspecting something close up - vice versa when I have finished my inspection to continue on my way down a path. Maybe a voice activated/mode change ability - ie: “Headlamp, low” “Headlamp, high”
For a cheap headlamp that I recommended I don’t expect this kind of feature to be implemented.

4. Infinitely variable levels of brightness and different tints of light

My most used are the Skilhunt H15 (AA/14500) and H02 (18650). Both are lightweight and come with TIR optics. The H15 is great for the ability to use primary batteries in a pinch. Both lights produce plenty of useful light. (H02R is the reflector version of the H02)

Another great light is the Xtar H3. It is an 18650 light with ramping UI and a reflector for more throw. The greatest thing about the H3 is customer service. I needed a retaining ring that I would not have been able to get from any other manufacturer but Xtar came through. For those that want a ramping UI with a TIR...there is a mod that works with the H3.

Last is the Nitecore HC50. It is just a tough light.

Both the Skilhunt and the Xtar are very easy to modify. (Nitecore HC30 is very similar to Xtar H3 but Xtar win with CS)

Skilhunt - Would like to see the drivers get "potting compound"

Xtar - Would like to TIR option (even if added accessory)

Nitecore - Would like to see the HC50 get lighter

Nothing special except for 5 evenly spaced modes.

1.Fenix HL55
2.More “comfortable” price
3.Movement sensor
4.Nothing remarkable

-. Fenix HL 10

-. Nichia High CRI Led

-. Nichia High CRI Led

-. Nichia High CRI Led

(1) What’s the best headlamp in the market you know and want to recommend it to others , and why do you think it’s best and recommendable

Nitecore HC90 because of its completely variable brightness control

(2) What’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) still needs

Warm White LED

(3) What’s your suggesting special functions for headlamps

Make me an Espresso coffee

(4) Any other thing you want to propose

Make me another Espresso coffee.

1. I don’t know the best headlamp on the market, but my favorite nowned is the Skilhunt H02 TIR, NW tint. I like the levels and the run time. Headband fits well and is well made.

2. I’m not enthusiastic about the headband adapter (rubber holder). I hope it lasts a long time.

3. I don’t personally have a need for colored tints, but it would be a nice feature.

4. Getting a high-quality headlamp for under $20 would be great.

1.What’s the best headlamp in the market you know and want to recommend it to others , and why do you think it’s best and recommendable.
I have a Black Diamond headlight, I don’t like it, the UI is a pain, the light uses three(3) AAA which are a pain to replace.
2. what’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) still needs.
A really simple UI. Low, Medium, High. Possibly memory.
3. what’s your suggesting special functions for headlamps.
A red led option.
4. any other thing you want to propose.
Use one cell AA, 14500, 16340 and cr123 multiple battery choices.

Zebralight H600w. High quality and performances. Warm tint

MicroUSB rechargeable system. Simple battery level monitoring system (like nitecore). A second red or green led. Possibility to use filters (flood, colors, other).

See answer point 2

Leds tints should be always an option

Skilhunt Н02 - it is just good.

Hi-Cri hichia as default led

Motion sensor might be useful addition to headlamp

Interchangeable optic, lower price

1. What’s the best headlamp in the market you know and want to recommend it to others , and why do you think it’s best and recommendable:
I only own two headlamps, and neither of them are ones I would specifically recommend for anyone to purchase. One is cheap and large with bad tint, and the other requires modification to make acceptable.

2. what’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) still needs:
Factory High-CRI emitter with better focus in the optic, to prevent the horrible donut-hole observed with the factory emitter.

3. what’s your suggesting special functions for headlamps:
My primary use for a headlamp is for close-up work, when soldering or working with components. In this application, a floody, high CRI beam is optimal. In addition, an ultra-low red-light mode is very helpful to prevent night-vision loss.

4. any other thing you want to propose:
Must be very lightweight, but with good runtime. Very big issue; Red-light mode must be selectable WITHOUT cycling through High/White modes. Doing so destroys any adapted night vision you may have.

The ZebraLight H600Fd Mk. III seems to be awesome for high CRI. I don’t own this light but from comments, sounds awesome. I also love the Zebralight UI.

An AA/2AA version! I prefer AA lights if worn on the head.

Floody with decent throw and a good moonlight mode.

No blinky, sturdy head strap and a clip that allows clipping to shirt.

1. Nitecore H15

2. Have a more competitive price (Lower price)

3. Indispensable must have motion sensor unit

4. All modes should be set by the user

Nitecore HC90

2. What’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) Still Needs

version with micro USB recharge function for those who want it.

3. What’s your suggesting special functions for headlamps

Ergonomic and more lumen

No blinking modes

1. What’s the best headlamp in the market you know and want to recommend it to others , and why do you think it’s best and recommendable:

Lately, I’ve been digging the Boruit RJ-02 because of it’s affordability, IR switch, and beam pattern.

2. what’s the improvement do you think the headlamp ( which you mention in question 1) still needs:

• XPL for more lumens and floodier beam pattern
  • IR sensor to side so you don’t get blinded turning on the light by waving hand directly in front of your eyes.
  • Fixed modes with moonlight. Hard to get low output with ramping function.

3. what’s your suggesting special functions for headlamps:

Walking, jogging, working with hands

4. any other thing you want to propose:

World peace