Gearbest: Samsung Wrapper -- what's inside? Opinions and descriptions vary (seems likely all OK)

Big suppliers I have talked with in China, says that they are out of 30Q and has been for a while. But it’s seems like smaller suppliers/stores/sellers has them. (maybe some fake also out there).
So I don’t think it’s just this thread that has caused a shortage of 30Qs, but I’m sure this thread had something to do with Gearbest running out so quick.

I ordered 6 x 30Q from Simon (Convoy Simon) to not so bad price. And tomorrow, for 6 batteries, there is a $4/off, so then the price is even better.
Also ordered 6 x LG HG2.

I see, thanks

Yes, agreed,you have putted in words, better than i did. I was referring to GB, with my post, the GB stock we have flatten out
I’ve seen other reputable shops with the OUTOFSTOCK mark in the produt page

Before these 3Ah Samsung batteries went on sale, I ordered 2.2Ah batteries which seemed like a great deal(cant deliver even at 2A even though should be capable of up to 4A, and are only 2.2Ah compared to 3Ah and cost as much or even slightly more).
They shipped at first one battery and then next 3 in other shipment because they were out of stock, so it wouldnt be surprising to learn that these 3A batt’s were also sold out quickly and arent available for resupply anymore.

This is what I am saying, it’s a stock issue. I don’t think they were the wrong price. If you look at most cells on GB they are about 30% cheaper, which makes the price correct.

What you also have to realise is, there are a lot more products being produced that require cells like these, so stock levels will fluctuate more and they may become harder to get. But I fully expect to see them again within I month or so.

Marc

Interesting & a better beak down than i did :), but I am not sure i agree with you, they used only one cell each & both where extremely close. And the lower discharge current capacity i never use because all my DD driven lights gets way to boring below ~3.45v :smiley:

I really look forward to HKJ’s test, so we can see 2 cells & compare then visually with all the old favorites.

What i do know is that Vinh, Dale & Tom E have confirmed the 30Q as the strongest cell yet, and Vinh & Dale are the craziest hotrodders i know :). And the most important fact about that is they have compared them to other high drain cell in serious hotrodded lights, just like i plan to use them :wink:
And that to me beats most straight fixed amp discharge charts.

beware, that i just reported the comment of the tester from the source i also attached to the post.
These are not my test, nor my opinions, althought i will have conducted the tests in the same way (but with my equipment I cannot go over a 5A CC discharge), so for me they look irreproachable

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/houston-woman-sentenced-year-prison-selling-counterfeit-batteries

http://www.justice.gov/usao-sdtx/pr/woman-sentenced-selling-counterfeit-samsung-batteries

Ish just got super real out here in the U.S.
EBay sellers better get it together, now how bout them ultrafire sellers?

I asked through ticket system if I can wait for restock but as we all knew they won’t ship the batteries ever…

So I let them refund my money no need for any additional 25Rs

That Justice.gov page
http://www.justice.gov/usao-sdtx/pr/woman-sentenced-selling-counterfeit-samsung-batteries
is worth a longer quote. Note the last sentence below:

I just got my two 25R from August 08th price was 7.49$ for the pair.

Datecode is April 2015.

i have them now in the charger so we will have first tests results in some hours.

Good news, gearbest have stock of the 30Q cells again.

Shipping is always free, orders below $40 has a $ 1.99 tracking fee option, and highly recommended as l have experienced a shipping rejection due to sudden policy changes with regards to li-ions parcels.

Shipping and tracking are two different things. The additional tracking fee, if I understand it correctly, is charged by the post office from the shipper, if chosen by the buyer.

When about to pay, use the route via ‘pay directly with Paypal’, instead of using ‘proceed to checkout’. Going the route of paying directly via PP no longer gives the option for tracking selection, only the actual amount of your order.

You just might be right, as I so far have never ordered cells from GB yet, only other items.

I just ordered 15 30Q’s. They’re still $3.77, and I got free shipping. Hopefully they’re still the real thing.

Sorry tatasal :slight_smile:

You were right, but it was crazy non intuitive,……or maybe i am just tired.

It did work, first i logged in to paypal, and there was the correct amount, and then i clicked continue & i was back in the gearbest check out with the wrong price, then i had to click place this order or something. and i got back to paypal again but this time with the final right price.
Strange and confusing but it worked almost like you said.

I will just delete my confused posts.

Good news that you picked up some KKW :slight_smile: it is a crazy good price, i hope you will test them & tell us what you think.

@ cajampa: You are a gentleman, we need more guys like you here in BLF!

:slight_smile: And i would have probably have given up if you weren’t so adamant that i was missing something, so really thanks tatasal for the help.