Gearbest: Samsung Wrapper -- what's inside? Opinions and descriptions vary (seems likely all OK)

You gotta love them! :bigsmile:

If it are no real batteries but fakes it will be obvious in the results(Amps) we get, especially with these high drain cells…I also bought two 25R and one 30Q just because of the very good price…so let’s talk again in two weeks or so when the first of these batch arrive.

Why the customer service(which purpose it is to communicate with people) isn’t able to communicate in a proper way is weird but kind of normal for these Chinese sellers…you can’t get anything…

I bought Samsung ICR 22F from GB some time ago:
http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_196911.html

Have a hobby charger(Imax B6 clone), but havent yet got to test their capacity, most likely will do so with Xtars VC2, though it will show only approximate data, but good enough.

The real life observations so far have been that in fake S2+ which should be draining 2.8A the light isnt bright and batteries appear to sag rather quickly, not so with Pana’s 3400.

Second test was done with cheap white plastic power bank - it charged my phones 2200mAh battery 50% and then volt meter, that I added to powerbank, showed 3.0-3.1V and powerbank stopped charging. All conversion losses and 4.2V to 5V things aside, thats around 1000mAh charged into cell phones battery at charge rate between 0.45A and 0.20A.
You dont lose 50%, do you :D?

I have no doubt the 26fm and the 25r are real, just a little bad English and also not wanting Samsung to know they don’t put it in the item description, so the staff working there don’t know and are certainly not experts.

Guess the BT-C3100 deal is long gone, I went through all 10 pages, nada.

Date codes explained:

http://www.tomobattery.com/blog/samsung-18650-battery-manufacture-date-code/

and

http://www.tomobattery.com/blog/how-to-know-panasonic-18650-battery-manufacture-date-code/

hat tip to various commenters in Panasonic NCR18650PD date code. Please help!

If I’m getting this right, you are saying you tested them in a fake S2+ and then in a cheap white plastic power bank? In power banks there are lots of losses of mAh, and in a cheap one even moreso, so I’m not really surprised you aren’t showing charging close to the battery’s capacity. Fake S2+ is also very difficult to interpret. Neither one of these will tell you anything, since to actually test them you need a known standard to test and measure with.

Yeah this is pretty funny, but also somewhat informative: at least some of their CS is not even aware Samsung refers to anything but phones. This may be why we found some of the “yes they are not Samsung” type replies from their CS. Really people need to wait and get a reliable test before getting too excited. And the 30Qs are out of stock anyways now.

If you calculated, price for Xiaomi power bank 10.000 mah =+/- $ 12, powered by 3 Sanyo 18650BF.
Fasttech sell a pair of the batteries for +/- $16,2.
Banggood sell 3 pcs batteries for +/- $ 23.76

I’m not saying Samsung 30Q that they sell is genuine, because I don’t have one and supply source can different all the time.
Just some logic, real price of batteries for high enough quantity is much cheaper and we don’t know the real cogs.

Same thing if we spent $ 200 for flashlight and compare with LED TV (screen, audio, housing, electronics), it’s not making sense for most people; But here, many of us will assume it’s justified and that’s why I’m glad to be here :smiley:

The price Gearbest.com and they other operates with, is high compared to what you can get direct from wholesalers and/or fabrics on etc Alibaba.com.
Last month, I had several deals with sellers on Alibaba, and they had some good prices, for the most.
But when you calculate in UPS shipping for just 50 pcs at the time, the price got close to some of the prices I have seen on GB when they have a sale.
Etc, this battery http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_186590.html costs $4.38 if you buy one and one. If you buy 50, the price is $3.45/pcs with free shipping. The best price I have got is $1.9/pcs but 50/pcs = 2 KG, so with UPS/DHL my total is $3.26 when I only buy 50. And I’m pretty sure that GB buys more then 50 batteries at the time, and most likely from bigger sellers that I deal with (that only will sell 50 at the time).
From price lists I have gotten from several sellers/factories/wholesalers it’s easy to see that the price GB takes is not so bad. They actually make money on $3.45/pcs on their UR18650ZY battery. And they make money on all their batteries. Regardless of sale or not.

What other stores takes, don’t mean that GB sells fake batteries, but maybe that the other stores want to make much more money on the same battery, or they buy from a smaller seller, or smaller quantum.

Remember, this is from me, the guy that have not had my best encounter with GB (getting better and better).

And you can always ask, is the batteries I got from Alibaba more real/more fake then the batteries I got from GB?

How I got to learn the system was that maybe one big buyer did buy 400.000 LG MJ1, then several of the smaller sellers, got a piece of this batch.
Then all of then sell the batteries, with whatever price they want. But what if the big buyer is getting a batch of fake LG MJ1s? Then all the other sellers sells fake LG MJ1 batteries. They may not know it, for do they have expensive testing equipment that can test all sides of the battery?
And from the one big buyer, the batteries goes everywhere, also to places like GB. For I don’t think they buy direct from LGs factory.

The other sides is “made for”. Real factories in China, makes batteries with the correct specs, wraps them in “real” brand wrapping, and sell them as real batteries. If the battery has the same specs, and work just a good as the battery made in Japan or whatever, is it a fake?
I don’t know if Samsung, LG, Sanyo etc allows others to produce their batteries, so long as they use their exact specs?

The third is that the factory makes crappy batteries and wraps them with brand wraps, and sell them for real. Then it’s of course 100% fake.

Chuckle. Ya never can tell with these folks.

I emailed last week asking them to confirm the cells I’d ordered a day earlier are genuine Samsung, because of the questions raised here, and saying if they are not, to cancel my order since it was still in process

I got email right back confirming yes they are genuine and was cheered up.

Today I got word my order is cancelled, a ‘provisional refund’ that should show up in Paypal in a few days.

Truly the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

How did you get the word? When did you order?

@can,

This thread is needed. Where else do we learn of these?

Can. This post is nonsense. On more than one occasion Gearbest says ‘they are not genuine’. That warrents a discussion on here surely?

Now I happen to like GB even though I have had some questionable goods from them. I also think these cells are genuine, but to say people are complaining to get free stuff is plain nonsense and is starting to make you sound like a shill.

Marc

While we’re here. What’s the best deal on a high drain button top? I get confused with the new cells.

[quote=mhanlen]
While we’re here. What’s the best deal on a high drain button top? I get confused with the new cells.[/quote

http://m.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_192842.html

I received mine, seem original, very good price for these cells

Marc

(8/11/2015)

Customer Questions & Answers

By Marc Aug-09/2015 06:08:34

Question:
Are the calls are genuine Samsung?

Reply:
Hi,Marc! Please rest assured that these are original Samsung product.
Thanks for your inquiry.

By tmcar Aug-08/2015 11:08:39

Question:
Hello,are these genuine Samsung batteries,or Samsung style batteries.

Reply:
Hi,tmcar! Please rest assured that these are original Samsung product.
Thanks for your inquiry.

By Norman Jul-31/2015 04:07:51

Question:
Hello, I was wondering if this is an authentic Samsung battery and
if you could tell me what the discharge amps are?

Reply:
Hi,Norman! Please rest assured that this is original Samsung product.

It is INR18650 - 30Q 3.7V 3000mAh 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery.

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am Marc. It’s my question. Yesterday I emailed Karen at gearbest and invited her to contribute to this thread for the purpose of clarity. We messaged back and forth and she told me that they were real Samsung’s and she would correct the replies on their website.

Marc

[quote=marcl]

[quote=mhanlen]
While we’re here. What’s the best deal on a high drain button top? I get confused with the new cells.
[/quote

http://m.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_192842.html

I received mine, seem original, very good price for these cells

Marc[/quote]

Thanks for the link. No button tops though? It seems all the best deals I find on high drain aren’t for button top cells.

[quote=mhanlen]

[quote=marcl]

Most cells seem to be flat top. Don’t forget they are generally use to make powerpacks and battery packs. They are meant to be used like normal AAs.

Marc