Gearbest: Samsung Wrapper -- what's inside? Opinions and descriptions vary (seems likely all OK)

I have an order since Aug 8-9 which has not been filled too, even though stock has gone in/out a couple times according to the site…frustrating.

One thing Ive learned to accept with GB is their long order processing.

But for the prices I paid for my items I cant complain, ordering from China has never been time sensitive, it simply cant :D!

I have changed my mind about which seller sent me the Samsung 30Q tested in post 162 I now think it was Banggood and not Gearbest.Why?

• Djozz got a 30Q from Banggood in less than 2 weeks,same as me.
  • Madmax (you know who I mean :wink: ) showed a photo from Banggood with the same yellow tape around the box as I got.
  • My 3 Manker A6’s arrived yesterday :heart_eyes: from Banggood, in the same type of grey plastic bag as the 30Q.
  • Banggood also uses Netherlands post.

Ah well , live and learn…and never assume!

BTW I reordered the 30Q when they were back in stock,not the 25R initially offered in the e-mail.I offered to pay the difference due to the price increase.They mailed me back,no need,the $3.77 I originally paid is good for the restocked 30Q (1 unit).Cool on Gearbest’s part.I will give the cell the same tests as post 162 when it arrives.

Today Gearbest.com shipped my 12 x 30Q batteries to $3.70/pcs. It have taken time, but now they are on their way.

Confirmed, also on my side

I got confirmation emails that my two orders have shipped as well. I just hope I don’t kick myself for not ordering more at the ridiculously low price. Now for the long wait for delivery.

I can guess it will be a long one since mine was shipped Sweden Post Registered. I’ve never had a order shipped through them before but I’ve had one order shipped Netherlands Post, and I think they shipped it on a pack mule to Amsterdam, put on a plane and sent to the states.

Mine were sent Sweden Post too, no idea what to expect, though anything less than 4 weeks I can live with.

I also just got three BangGood 30Qs, each one in a plastic bag inside a square cardboard box, all three boxes wrapped up together in a cube of yellow plastic tape.

Not an elegant solution, but - That’ll work.

Sounds like they may be starting to learn.

Thanks,
-Chuck

I read that in Sir Alec Guinness’ voice.

I just saw your post and remembered to throw the BangGood 30Qs I just received into the charger.

Got my 30Q from GerBest today. Ugly like hell, all with tag, and the ink has got from the marking over to the batteries. And it’s “impossible” to get off the tag.
But I assume the batteries is as good as any of the others I have. Testing a few now.

wd40 removes stubborn paper tags, but then you have to remove the wd40

Just use a hair dryer or similiar to warm the tags up to peel them smooth and without any residue left :wink:
Better an ugly tag than a mismatch with other batteries of similiar color.

I got some HE4 from Gearbest like that nice and dirty.

Tags on my Samsung ICR18650-22F were also hard to remove, so I removed only one and didnt bother with the rest.

Heating up with a heat gun or hairdryer (not too much!) could help, I often remove adress labels and similar this way. An easier way is to use lighter fluid (light gasoline), it will also remove residues after the heating up method.

The rickshaw has arrived!

So my 27 cells came in today. I suspect these are “floor samples” which is to say they fell on the floor during manufacturing based on the scuffs and dings. There are some differences to the 30Q’s you’d get from Mountain Electronics.

The good news is that I have 2 new 30Q’s from Mountain Electronics and 2 from the new batch from gearbest on the Opus. All 4 cells came charged at 3.69v, we’ll see how the discharge test goes to see if they have the same discharge at 1A.