Gearbest: Samsung Wrapper -- what's inside? Opinions and descriptions vary (seems likely all OK)

Chuckle. Ya never can tell with these folks.

I emailed last week asking them to confirm the cells I’d ordered a day earlier are genuine Samsung, because of the questions raised here, and saying if they are not, to cancel my order since it was still in process

I got email right back confirming yes they are genuine and was cheered up.

Today I got word my order is cancelled, a ‘provisional refund’ that should show up in Paypal in a few days.

Truly the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

How did you get the word? When did you order?

@can,

This thread is needed. Where else do we learn of these?

Can. This post is nonsense. On more than one occasion Gearbest says ‘they are not genuine’. That warrents a discussion on here surely?

Now I happen to like GB even though I have had some questionable goods from them. I also think these cells are genuine, but to say people are complaining to get free stuff is plain nonsense and is starting to make you sound like a shill.

Marc

While we’re here. What’s the best deal on a high drain button top? I get confused with the new cells.

[quote=mhanlen]
While we’re here. What’s the best deal on a high drain button top? I get confused with the new cells.[/quote

http://m.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_192842.html

I received mine, seem original, very good price for these cells

Marc

(8/11/2015)

Customer Questions & Answers

By Marc Aug-09/2015 06:08:34

Question:
Are the calls are genuine Samsung?

Reply:
Hi,Marc! Please rest assured that these are original Samsung product.
Thanks for your inquiry.

By tmcar Aug-08/2015 11:08:39

Question:
Hello,are these genuine Samsung batteries,or Samsung style batteries.

Reply:
Hi,tmcar! Please rest assured that these are original Samsung product.
Thanks for your inquiry.

By Norman Jul-31/2015 04:07:51

Question:
Hello, I was wondering if this is an authentic Samsung battery and
if you could tell me what the discharge amps are?

Reply:
Hi,Norman! Please rest assured that this is original Samsung product.

It is INR18650 - 30Q 3.7V 3000mAh 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery.

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am Marc. It’s my question. Yesterday I emailed Karen at gearbest and invited her to contribute to this thread for the purpose of clarity. We messaged back and forth and she told me that they were real Samsung’s and she would correct the replies on their website.

Marc

[quote=marcl]

[quote=mhanlen]
While we’re here. What’s the best deal on a high drain button top? I get confused with the new cells.
[/quote

http://m.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_192842.html

I received mine, seem original, very good price for these cells

Marc[/quote]

Thanks for the link. No button tops though? It seems all the best deals I find on high drain aren’t for button top cells.

[quote=mhanlen]

[quote=marcl]

Most cells seem to be flat top. Don’t forget they are generally use to make powerpacks and battery packs. They are meant to be used like normal AAs.

Marc

to be honest…. i’m with @can

i was about to buy those batteries, i’m pretty sure they were legit, but seems now that people complaning about fake batteries flatted out the entire GB stock of what could have been a hell of a deal.—-lol
I asked CSgearbest to restock them again to check those batteries myself… I can produce a graph for a 5A discharge, It will not show the full potential of the battery, but I will compare it to my 25R and HE2 and the sag curve will show a lot anyway.

I’m not sure what you mean. They are still in stock.

I see 30Q out of stock since monday morning while they were in stock till sunday night…and I had 6 in my cart and obviously proceeding to checkout automatically removed it.

That was sorely needed. Guess they were waiting for you to ask the question. :slight_smile:

Too bad it’s now out of stock:
http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_196913.html

This thread did a journey from “borderline” defaming to almost shill promoting

Most threads are the other way around so I welcome the change.

+1 and sadly I Ve lost my chance to make a deal reading it… LoL

Is this defaming? Who’s doing it?

Well, while most of you were pointing out Chinese-English understanding errors of the CS staff at Gearbest who thinks Samsung=phone, I bought myself some 30Qs for $3.77 before they were out of stock. We’ll see when I get them and test them out, and see who can say “you wasted time and missed/ruined a great deal!” or “I told you so!” :slight_smile:

I think they’ll be fine. I also think they’ll be back in stock soon.

Marc