Gearbest: Samsung Wrapper -- what's inside? Opinions and descriptions vary (seems likely all OK)

That’s late. :wink: It could indeed be out of stock by the time to fill your order. Well, at least I hope that’s the case. I may get my whopping 2x order on Aug 7.

I wonder if I’ll get mine. I ordered 4x30q on the August 8 and its in the processing phase.

I’d also ordered 4x 30q on Aug. 8th (Aug. 7th by my clock, but that’s the International Date Line); that’s the one they cancelled.

I’m sure that cancel wasn’t because I’d asked about/pointed out the doubts in comments on their product page about authenticity, because: Hanlon’s Razor.

Seems like they took payment for more batteries than they have or could find or get drop-shipped. They do that from time to time.
Or else the yetis that handle fulfillment from their vast warehouse on the Plateau of Leng screwed up.

I guess they took payment before their currency devaluation — so now they have to repay dollars that cost them more today.
Apparently it takes several days to get the money back to PayPal because I used “instant payment” — I wonder what’s faster than “instant”?

But that’s another question.

So, you’re a Flashlight Hobbyist?
Actually, these days I’m more of an International Currency and Payments hobbyist.

Hank

I wonder what’s going to happen when the bubble pops over there. You would think that they would have learned from the mistakes that the rich and the corporate whores have done here.

I watched this BBC show the other day after people were talking on the forum about China having some trouble. It explains the ghost cities that I read about a while back.

I am surprised that so far only you and myhken reported cancellation. Maybe you two are singled out?

I was sure I was singled out, no order since 3.August was shipped, all in stock when I ordered. Around 10 orders total, from 3-10.August.
Had to create a ticket and contact csgearbest, and then suddenly 6 of 10 orders was shipped. But 4 was out of stock. One of them was the 10 x 30Q batteries. One was Xiaomi 16000mAh power bank, one was a misorder of a BLF custom flashlight that was “in stock” for a brief moment, one was one of their flash sales (a speaker).

I suppose it is very possible that either GB found out they were fake cells, or found out that a lot of buyers (us) thought they were going to be fake and decided against selling them.

I really don’t think anyone was singled out for order cancellation. I don’t think they would do that, and I’m not sure they’d even have a system in place to do that even if they wanted to.

I posted about it half in jest. But don’t you think it’s curious that they are the only two who reported cancellation out of many, many possible orders?

You mean decided against selling buying them?

If many decided against buying, then why go out of stock?

You never know, and it wouldn’t shock me either way.

I meant that maybe GB found out they were fake, or realized that we would know if they were fake, and decided it wasn’t worth the hassle for them, so they just said “out of stock”.

@myhken,

You are still in buying binge! :slight_smile: Hope you don’t get the repeat issues like your first “reports”.

And then why send out only two cancel notices?
And I shouldn’t be expecting getting them even though I did not yet get the cancel notice.

I will go put on my tinfoil hat for a few hours and then see if I can make sense of it all.

as I expected… they won’t be available soon, nor at the same price I expect…. great thread….

Ordered one each from Banggood and Gearbest on August 7th.First one arrived yesterday,August 19th,wow,that’s fast.

On friday I ordered 2 30Q’s,one from Gearbest and one from Banggood so in about a month we should have some real data,and yes,I will mark the first one that arrives.

I cannot say for certain which one it is as it came without invoice or order number!There was a plain cardboard box,6x3x2/3 inches(150x75x20mm)wrapped in yellow tape,but no padding.All that was in a grey plastic bag with address sticker.Netherlands Post,which Gearbest has used for me before.90% sure it is Gearbest.Edit:90% sure it is Banggood,see post 228

I charged it up,along with 2 Samsung 25Rs and an Acebeam LG HE2 on the Littokala 260.They all give internal resistance readings in the 17 to 20mR range.A Sanyo UR FM gives 35 to 40 mR.The Litto charged to 4.175-4.18v so I topped them all up on the Xtar VP2 at 250mA and tested each cell in an unmodified BLF EE X6 on turbo in the sphere of destiny with a HS1010 lightmeter.

1. Panasonic NCRB 16880lux at 3.898v.
  • 25R no 1 23100lux at 4.203v
  • 25R no 2 23600lux at 4.204v
  • HE2 22800lux at 4.207v
    21600lux at 30 seconds
  • 30Q 23100lux at 4.204v
    21600lux at 30 seconds
    I work on a 25 lux per lumen factor,roughly :wink:
    Finally,I measured internal resistance using HKJ’s “1st method”: First method In this method the battery voltage is first measured without the resistor connected, then the resistor is connected and the voltage is measured again, the internal resistance is calculated with this formula: Resistance = (volt_no_load - volt_at_load) * load_resistance / volt_at_load or load_current = voltage_at_load / load_resistance -> load_current Resistance = (volt_no_load-volt_at_load) / load_current

I took 3 measures for each cell using a 4 ohm,8 ohm and both in series 12 ohm 1% precision 5 Watt resistors.In that order of 4,8,12 ohm loads,I got;

• 25R no1:33-38-37 mOhms
  • 25R no2:32-29-35mOhms
  • LG HE2:37-37-46mOhms
  • 30Q no1:30-30-35mOhms

Voltage was measured on a Fluke 115.

My conclusion,but I’m no expert,is that it is a genuine Samsung 30Q with low internal resistance and ,basically,matched the lumens output of 25R’s and HE2’s.It cost under $4 but it is out of stock. :stuck_out_tongue: Next instalment when the other one turns up.

They still haven’t cancelled my order for 30q from Gearbest, but its taken so long that I decided to order from Banggood. Banggood took about a day to ship and Gearbest hasn’t shipped in 10 days.

yeah…was expecting that… never had a single issue with GB and bare cells…so….this time sadly I’ve read this topic before buying….

at the moment the best price you’ll find is banggood with M4D M4X code , ore FT with BLF code at 5.82$ x cell (should be 5.815 but I guess they rounded it in excess)

With the advantage that at banggood you could buy whatever quantity you want…and at FT you have to ordere a multiple of 2.
ALso note that the 4pack it’s more expensive than the 2-pack

Thanks for the test info.