Gearbest: Samsung Wrapper -- what's inside? Opinions and descriptions vary (seems likely all OK)

Why are Billy X and tas69 experiences so different?

Billy do you have a DD light were you can test the battery?

I think Billy X got some of the last orders in on Aug. 7. I ordered on Aug. 8 and it seems anything past that date is cancelled or in limbo. I’m not sure when myhken ordered. I contacted GB support and they’re telling me to change to something else since they don’t have any stock. I’m thinking maybe some HE4.

Ordered on Aug. 7. There may be still hope yet. Will give another week and sorry to hear about your case.

[EDIT]
Unfortunately, we are very sorry to inform you that the item is no longer in stock.

I ordered 9.august. On another notice, I got three 30Q batteries from one of my old orders today, there they had sent only one and not four.
My order made 9.august got canceled, and refunded. So no change that I will get cheap 30Q’s from GB.
Ordered 6 pcs from Simon (Convoy Simon) at Aliexpress. Around $6 per 30Q. So then I have 10 total. Still, I think my Sanyo 18650GA and/or LG MJ1 will perform much better then the 30Q. But of course, the price is the double and more…

Why do you think the Sanyo 18650GA and/or LG MJ1 will perform much better then the 30Q?
If you are talking about runtime you are right, but if you are talking about lumens output & max amp in a DD light you are wrong.

Yea you are right. The 30Q is 15A and 3000mAh, the two others “only” 10A but 3500mAh. So 30Q is better on high Amps. Still, so long the light is under 10A, the two others will be the better choice?
If the light can deliver more then 10A to the LED, then 30Q is the best choice.

No, the 10A & 15A rating is only an max amp rating.

For high amp & max runtime application the Sanyo 18650GA is the best out there now.

But for max amp + max lumens output with a improved runtime over the older generation 2500mha best max output cell like the 25R & HE2, the 30Q is the new king :slight_smile:
It is the best choice in high drain cells now & can even match the output of the older 2500mha cell & often even beats them but with an improved runtime. The 15A rating is very conservative because it beats pretty much any other cell out there now even those who claim an higher amp rating.

We will all know more when HKJ does his reviews on the latest cells :wink:

Where does the LG HG2 fit in here? - It is 3000mAh and 20A continuous.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Got an email today, seems that the 30Q deal was just a bad “joke” like our suspicious feelings told us…

The other battery is the 25R

So can anyone sum it up? Are they genuine Samsung or not?

As far as i know the HG2 is weaker than the 30Q, from reading several comparisons on some other forums & blogs, sorry i don’t remember where, but i am sure a simple google search will find them if you want to know more.

yes they were.
but the price was too good, because it was too low by error i suspect.
so they delivered some of the first orders (maybe thinking they could raise the price later without anyone noticing it), but then, because of this thread, the orders increased a lot, and their losses should have been too high
So they started to delay, and cancelling the orders offering other batteries.
This are my 2cents

they are better (HG2) till 15A

Source: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/samsung-inr18650-30q-vs-lg-inr18650-hg2-shootout-results.681263/

I think it’s a supply issue rather than them being too cheap, as BG and a few others have them at a good price, not as good but nothing that would lead me to believe the pricing was a mistake.

Marc

i usually compare them with AE, a stock of 4 to be sure, and only with this 30Q nothing matches the deal…it’s not few cent cheaper, it’ s like 40% less of other sellers.
I’m in the e-commerce stuff, it’s my job since 2009, bad pricing happens, for a lot of reasons, and this is what i smelt….obviously this is absolutely an opinion, but until noone proves me otherwise……

Big suppliers I have talked with in China, says that they are out of 30Q and has been for a while. But it’s seems like smaller suppliers/stores/sellers has them. (maybe some fake also out there).
So I don’t think it’s just this thread that has caused a shortage of 30Qs, but I’m sure this thread had something to do with Gearbest running out so quick.

I ordered 6 x 30Q from Simon (Convoy Simon) to not so bad price. And tomorrow, for 6 batteries, there is a $4/off, so then the price is even better.
Also ordered 6 x LG HG2.

I see, thanks

Yes, agreed,you have putted in words, better than i did. I was referring to GB, with my post, the GB stock we have flatten out
I’ve seen other reputable shops with the OUTOFSTOCK mark in the produt page

Before these 3Ah Samsung batteries went on sale, I ordered 2.2Ah batteries which seemed like a great deal(cant deliver even at 2A even though should be capable of up to 4A, and are only 2.2Ah compared to 3Ah and cost as much or even slightly more).
They shipped at first one battery and then next 3 in other shipment because they were out of stock, so it wouldnt be surprising to learn that these 3A batt’s were also sold out quickly and arent available for resupply anymore.