GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF

This is new, although they say to wait for 3 months and then ask for a resend, the resend fills the order and that is what arrives, there is never a duplicate.

Hi erik, could you please PM your order number and the package picture, so I could check what happens to your order, thanks

This is 15 months after you started this thread in response to the administrator of this site.

When do you quit asking for individual order numbers etc., and simply fulfill our orders and conduct your business?

I think I would rather they try and get to the bottom of it rather than just going AWOL.

They will never get to the bottom of it as they don’t want to.
They’d rather use cheap tricks in order to make a few extra pennies.
There has been a few reports now of the same story, tracking sticker on top of previous CN post sticker, so it’s pretty obvious.
If the packages went back for whatever reason, they responsibility was to let the buyer know and reship right away.
Instead, we get months of CS BS back and forth, fake resolutions like half refund, wallets and what not and they make it look like it’s our fault that the packages didn’t arrive and they are doing US a favor by reshipping!

When I say they try to save pennies, they literally do!
After having 10 orders passed the 90 days mark and nothing being done, I had to threaten them that I would file 10 paypal complains if I didn’t get my full refund + 573 GB points that I had used (which is equivalent to $10).
They said they couldn’t refund the points because “of their system” which is BS as I have always got back the points when it comes to refunds.
When I threatened to still go to pp, they said that they would refund the points as well.
It has been almost a week since I got back the pp funds but the GB points are not back and CSGearbest conveniently doesn’t reply to my PMs on BLF.
So basically they stole a virtual $10 from me.

In 2014 they started a thread to deal with the growing complaints, this is now almost 2016 and they changed nothing.

This is how they do business, their responses are just part of the con game, there is no getting to the bottom of anything.

But my last 3 orders have arrived in 2 weeks. So something must have changed.

No, the problems still exist, and we are still waiting for orders and dealing with their methods, no one said anything about it being always and 100% bad.

Read the thread and the complaints, and note the frequency, it is what this site based it’s rating on.

Is that my experience has been good. Was worried as I read posts about a bunch of bad experiences after I placed a number of orders (1st on Oct 15) but have been satisfied so far. Have made numerous orders, some with batteries, none with tracking (excepting the most recent battery order where the tracking was mandatory and system would not me uncheck the option)

Received 3 30q’s today, each packaged individually in plastic then all three wrapped in foam and then taped up nice as you please and put in the envelope. Arrived in perfect condition 31 days from placing the order.

Seems to be a lottery and so far and I seem to be winning

That is as dumb as it gets, my 8 pieces of 30Q came all in the same piece of bubble wrap, dinged and dirty, not feeling like using them.

Heres how mine came, regular padded envelope:

And inside was this mess:

I kid you not, this is exactly how it looked when I pulled it out of the envelope!

Heres how batteries looked AFTER I gave them little cleaning with wet wipes(they contain no alcohol, hence why they still so dirty), but no cleaning will take the dents away:

Notice that dent at the top right corner of the right battery!

Also, what are those uneven dark lines under the wrapper at the top of the battery(negative ends on top in pictures), they change shape when I press on them with my fingers so it seems to be some kind of moisture trapped under the wrapper! How dangerous could it be?

First battery from left, dent at the top of it and third battery from the left, another dent around one quarter down from the top, in the middle right before smudges! The rest of batteries(all but one!) have minor nicks and dents, but these 3 that I wrote about are the most prominent.

(Fun thing is, Tinypic asked for CAPTCHA and it asked DEAD BATTERY to be entered when uploading this last picture of the bunch :D)

Are these batteries safe? I mean, aside from few those nicks and dents that are more pronounced on 3 batteries, are the rest of batteries with that odd liquid under the wrapper near the negative pole safe to use?

I didnt have super high hopes in regards to these batteries, but seeing as other members received theirs in proper packaging while others in the same crappy packaging, I hoped that Gearbest had learned something about proper management of battery orders.

Obviously, not the shift that prepared this order lol :D!

The only good part that all the batteries came in at 3.66V exact!

liquid

can you cut open one wrapper ?
maybe there is corrosion - you do not want timebombs in your pocket…

just a thought…
there have been 500 sold units on that 2.99 run iirc - how many where like this?

how many have been secured by educated people?

I dont see any corrosion and would have to buy silicone rubber gloves before slicing wrapper off, dont feel like doing this indoors and with bare hands.

For 4 months I have been trying to get Gearbest to use the addresses that they get from Paypal, for my orders, and they flat out refuse to do so, and I can’t find out where they are getting the addressing from, it must be from old information that they culled from a long distant order.

Just one example from Gearbest, they keep repeating variations of this, over, and over, and over

brad, why not use your GB account settings to set correct adress ?
My Account -> My Profile -> Adress Book

I just go for tracking now for decently valued items…. Anybody notice the pattern of most of their deal items not being received when tracking not paid? Starting to liok like bait tactics to me…

Bait customer wirh incredibly low price.
Not ship the untracked orders.
Wait 3 months or more while earing interest on your money.
Finally offer 60% paypal (unacceptable) or 100% to their wallet. Ultimately, you need to use it up and might end up on an item they have big profits….

Well my Ganzo knife turned up yesterday. It was the replacement they sent me after waiting two months for the first one. I am still waiting for my Olight S1 though that hey also agreed to resend.

I have had some mega bargains from Gearbest but as of the Brynite deal I am only buying with tracking now and that unfortunately puts a dent in how much money I save with them and will impact on any further orders I make. Now if it is only a dollar different than a more organized company like Banggood (who incidentally have also not managed to get one of my orders to me on one occasion). I will go with Banggood.

My lost items chart so far has Gearbest in joint first place with Fasttech.

Fasttech 3
Gearbest 3
Alliexpress 1
Banggood 1

I actually found Fasttech the worst and most dismissive to work with as I had no resends and no refunds. That was several years ago though.

By the way, this problem is also of using the proper recipient’s address, but insisting on using my name rather than the name that applies to that address, and the name that Paypal gave them, for that confirmed address.

I mail my purchases to different people and different addresses, I want Gearbest to do what they are supposed to do, and use the verified Paypal address given to them.

I have asked them to delete whatever information it is that they keep using, and I have been arguing with them for 4 months over this.

after waiting for a few months gearbest is saying the order is lost and offering me 15$ credit. It was for an xstar war boy H3 Headlamp. They said it's not in stock at this time. Should I file a PayPal claim?

First, tell them politely, that 50% refund is not acceptable and that only 100% Paypal refund will be accepted.
If they refuse, iform them that you will be opening Paypal dispute about it ;)!