GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF

It is up to you…
For me it is easier and more convinient to add adress into GB account rather than use PayPal preferences for that. And as I remember most of chinese stores I have used do not accept adress from PayPal as primary shipping adress by default.

I have never had any retailer, Chinese or not, not use the address that Paypal gives them for shipping.

From Paypal.
Why am I required to ship to the buyer’s address shown on the PayPal transaction details page?
This requirement is for your safety. The address on the PayPal transaction details page is registered with and checked by PayPal. When the buyer asks you to send merchandise to a different address, it may indicate fraud.

What if the buyer asks me to ship to an address other than the address on the transaction details page?
If you ship to a different address, you will not be eligible for coverage. If the buyer wants you to ship to a different address, we recommend that you ask the buyer to resubmit the payment with the new shipping address.

So why not change the address in GB account to match the PayPal address?

If they can’t change it there doesn’t seem much point asking them over and over.

I have removed the address that I never wanted them to have apart from Paypal, and changed the name they were using, so they have no addresses, and only a single fake first name, with no last name, but now they still put my original full name on gifts that I send to people in various states, as me being the recipient.

The real question is what is wrong with Gearbest? I have been arguing this with them for 4 months and telling them to use the Paypal addresses given to them, but they refuse.

But they can’t do it, so why keep asking? Am i right in thinking you are using other peoples PayPal accounts to buy them stuff?

That was a weird post, Gearbest can’t use the addresses given to them from Paypal? And you never thought of sending a gift to someone directly from an online store rather than you receiving it and reshipping it yourself?

I buy gifts for friends and family from Amazon, Ebay, Gearbest, camping and sporting goods stores, photo businesses, calendar makers, candy sellers, flashlight sellers, from everyone, and I have them sent directly to those friends and family whose addresses are confirmed in my Paypal account.

Why would anyone be arguing to defend Gearbest refusing to use the Paypal addresses that they are given, and them repeatedly misaddressing?

My company used to ship very high end photo gear ($4k-$12k) to online customers. But ONLY to their registered bank/credit card or Paypal addresses (there’s a special check line to Canadian/US banks for that purpose), and NEVER to a third party or a different unregistered address. Despite the precautions, we still got burnt sometimes. The hassles dealing with ‘purchased and sent as gift’ were genuine, necessitated a FT plus a PT staff just to handle them.
For newer customers, we actually used google street view to check the building address to see if it looks legit.
I’ve been on the road now for over 2 years, and I edit my address with my financial institutions and sellers (eg eBay, BG, GB, DX, FT etc) whenever I have an extended stay somewhere. Just have to have unified info across the board, and I haven’t had any issues so far. Just my own experience…

Your post doesn’t apply to my posts, nor my Gearbest problem.

I’m buying $2.00, $12.00, and $20.00 flashlights from Gearbest, and can’t get them to use the Paypal address that Paypal gives them.

My Paypal addresses are verified and confirmed by Paypal, only Gearbest refuses to use Paypal addresses and insists on repeating their shipping mistakes.

I think the issue here is the IDs don’t match. Address doesn’t match, name doesn’t match. GearBest is trying to protect itself.

Its not that I’m defending them, but at what point do you accept they can’t or won’t do what you want?

Also, do you still shop there?

No, Gearbest is not trying to protect themselves, if they were doing that, they would quit making up their own addresses and use Paypal.

The IDs do match up, as does all of the communication of Gearbest tickets, emails, Paypal information, and PM’s here at BLF between us, for all of my business with Gearbest and all of these months of problems, I changed my Gearbest profile, and removed the one address that they had snagged, in an effort to fix this.

I am completely baffled to learn that a few of you agree with Gearbest ignoring our Paypal addresses and continuing their incompetence and work so hard to find nonexistent excuses.

I know that I am not the only one here who buys gifts online and who uses Paypal.

It sounds like you want to get into a more personal argument, rather than stay focused on Gearbest’s shipping problems.

Gearbest started this thread on their shipping issues more than 15 months ago, try to limit your arguing in their behalf to more general arguments.

No I don’t want an argument. But if they won’t do what you want you have to stop shopping there, or this thread will be filled with you saying the same thing over the next 15 months. I’m surely not the only person here thinking along these lines.

This is a complaint thread about, and started by, and run by, Gearbest, a company with an “avoid” rating by BLF, not a thread for you to start personal arguments with posters.

Yes it is but you seem to be making it ‘you vs Gearbest’ with the same complaints. I have forgotten how many times you have mentioned that this thread was started by gearbest or they wont ship to your PP address. I’m sure im not alone here in saying that we all want GB to improve and keep providing us a service. Constructive criticism is good but you seem to have a personal vendetta against GB.

LOL, give it a rest, allow Gearbest to respond to my complaint with them, and quit trying to personally takeover their thread in their behalf.

I’m trying to get you to stop taking over this thread and repeating the same things over and over.

Ordered on 30th goods worth $11.8 including shipping,

Informed them within 30min of address change ( was not been sent to paypal address! )

Got a reply after 18hrs that goods have been shipped , so can’t change the address.

And 2hrs later sent mail with tracking no and image of th parcel/package ,

Now suprising part : package value was below $6 ?

Did they undervalue th $12 to save customs to me to below $6?

Ha Ha,

Got all the proof / mail, image , prinstrrens have been saved !!!

Anybody liked to comment

Will see whether GEARBEST response here at BLF.

“avoid” rating by BLF on Gearbest ? Ok

I am new here , where can I find the list of sites which I should avoid,

Could u please provide the link …

No Marcl, you are just arguing and trying to get personal, for no apparent reason,. Let Gearbest handle my complaint to them on this thread, about their internal Paypal issue related to shipping. I responded to your initial points, but you keep trying to take it up a notch.