Gearbest sucks

It’s sad that this happened but the truth is it really isn’t gearbests fault .Logically they could say “Hey ship it back and we’ll send you another one ” … or even give you your money back …but why wouldn’t they want the product back in their hands at your cost for shipping .If you were the store wouldn’t you think getting the broken product back is fair ?

Sometimes I think we ask too much from these Chinese vendors . i don’t know but I assume mountain , illum , battery junction or goinggear would say the same thing and be praised for doing the return …problem is the shipping is so expensive for you to ship it back to them . but thats not their fault you knew that going in to the deal . I don’t think gearbest is screwing you at all .it’s not like they knowingly sold you junk . these are considered to be nicer lights and come nicely packaged . i’d be talking to both the reps here on BLF and used that resource even before trying emails . I’d talk to the O’light rep here about it too … Geabests only flaw here is not responding to your emails actively and instead using some dumb automated canned response to emails …but they all do that so it’s hard to fault them too much for it .
I hope O’light steps up and proves it’s a brand worth paying more for ….

I suggest you advise him to use paypal whenever possible opposed to paying directly with his debit card. This goes for all online purchases.

What’s worse than being out $23 for a flashlight is having illegitimate charges continually charged against you because you gave your card number to an unscrupulous vendor.

I was able to read through it ,he
has tried since then and they have ignored his emails since then

Well when I had issues with Banggood about some points earned and lost parts like emitters they sent the automated response first then I Corresponded with Kukka and she went and at least attempted to make things acceptable and she at least responded ,the same with fasttech.
As far as what is wrong with the light ,I don’t know I won’t tear apart and break the loctite seals ,and I or my son shouldn’t have to it was only a couple of weeks old.
However if someone will forward me a link to gear best reps I will gladly have him contact them ,that is another reason I did post here;the combined knowledge of the member here get more results than any other way I know .

I am also having bad luck with gearbest lately.

Would take too much typing which I’m not good at to explain
Bottom line tho is they will not see another order from me ever, no matter what the product, no matter what the price

They are incompetent, dishonest and a few other choice words that I cannot type here
Gearbest is circling the bowl.

With a short search in the vendor sec. I found these…
Gearbest: Lots of orders missing, looking for advice

More Fake Convoys from Gearbest.

Why you should never buy to Gearbest

GearBest Is Holding My Money Since June!

Gearbest ongoing paypal claim

and my favorite…Rating: Gearbest.com [AVOID]

I understand saving money in these times is important but risking money in these times is a bad idea. With this kind of track record, I would only spend expendable cash with these vendors. The consensus of most people on the forum would say ” Avoid”. It is a lottery. On the other hand, Gearbest did ship you a working light. The issue should be with Olight.

my last few orders with GB were fine - they just took forever to ship…

I switch to BG for a few orders - figured I would try them again - I was pleasantly surprised at the speed my orders shipped and arrived (I use expedited shipping)

If Olight is worth a flip, they should fix it under warranty. Where the heck are they anyways? I've heard their customer service and WARRANTY response is SHIXXXTY. One reason why I don't have any Olights. And I was fancying the S1...

So, where is the warranty repair/replacement for Olight?

And, never pay with anything but PayPal. At least you can pull the plug with it if need arises.

I have used pay pal and in fact filed 2 disputes with paypal ,and they were coincidently against gear best .This was my son’s first order.I think what upset us both the most us the lack of attention to returning emails or response from customers service,and the disapointment of my son again that is why I asked about o lights warranty I mean I’ve dealt with other vendors and haven’t any problems with branded items such as nitcore,as far as knowing about Gearbest reputation, SBS post about Avoid was shortly after the odes he and I put through.i we had heard of their reputation prior to this we never would have ordered from yhem.

Hi light junkie,

I’m really sorry about this, I have Pmed you to try to help you, please check it

for responding

Maybe they don’t suck so bad.

Gearbest CS replied to this thread within one day of you creating it.

Sorry you got a defective product, it happens but it is not something that is a common occurrence with Olight or Gearbest. Also I understand being upset with no response for a defective product, however…
…you are dealing directly with a company based in China, so you are the “importer”, therefore, as previously stated, expect some delay with regards to communications and customer service.

When I buy from China sellers I accept the risk of problems for defective returns and slow customer service, because I am “importing” directly from halfway around the globe. I take these risks for a lower price but I don’t have to, there are plenty of US based sellers of these lights you could buy from for easier returns and a better “customer service” experience.

Although the “no/slow response” issue is not unique to Chinese based suppliers. I recently (this month) have had a very similar issue with a US based company over a defective tablet computer for my son (also a good boy who doesn’t deserve this lack attention for his defective electronic product!) Nearly 3 weeks of slow response/no response emails. I finally got immediate attention and an apology when I made a phone call to the company instead of continuing with the emails. One good thing coming from this was the learning experience for my son (an 8 year old) He has learned 3 things:

1. Electronic products can sometimes fail.
2. Getting them fixed/replaced is not always an easy or fast process.
3. Patience

The learning experience with this will make him a better person as he will have a better temperament when issues arise (as they often do in life in general) and that everything is not always perfect (also as in life in general).

I own several Olights S Series, some I’ve had for several years and I haven’t had any problems at all with any of them. I’ve recently received 3 Olight S15R’s and an S30 and have had no issues with delivery or with the lights. Olight makes a good product.

I’ve ordered many times from Gearbest with no problems. When I have a question about my orders or products I message them here on BLF through PM and always receive a prompt reply.

I’m aware there are members reports of problems with Gearbest, and I’m also aware they have been banned from placing ads on BLF, however there are many BLF members who have no problems with Gearbest, and there is a recent GroupBuy with over 700 BLF members who committed to buy a flashlight from Gearbest that Gearbest worked closely with members to bring it to us (Lucky Sun D80) as well as some recent smaller GB’s.

I’m not affiliated with Gearbest in any way whatsoever, just call it as I see it.
I think your title of this thread is a little broad and harsh, maybe you should change it to “problems I’m having with Gearbest” :slight_smile:

We all call it as we see it, those who haven’t yet had a problem with Gearbest yet, and the many of us that have already had it happen, and as far as Gearbest responding here in public on the BLF forum and sounding helpful, that is nothing new, they do that all the time.

Gearbest even has their own thread here, started almost a year and a half ago and trying to put a smiley face on the chaos in their business dealings and more private interactions with customers.

The owner of this site has his own thread about Gearbest, his title stands out because of the word “AVOID”in the title “Rating: Gearbest.com [AVOID]”.

Not many of the China based sellers that we all deal with so much, earn that labeling.

Agreed. Yes we do, as was the OP, and again that’s all I was doing in my post. I think it’s great people post here about their experiences, good or bad, with a particular vendor, to help other members in making a purchase decision. At this time I can only post the “good” because that has been my experience with them.

I’m not advocating that anyone buy from them, just posting my experience, and since the owners of BLF advice is: “DO NOT BUY FROM GEARBEST” then of course it’s recommended that all members here should not buy from them.

Although its contradictory that we currently have several group buys with their involvement including a 700+ units “BLF Special Edition” logo flashlight. I am aware that group buy was started long ago possibly before the bulk of the gearbest complaints started rolling in, and although I’m sure there have been a few, I don’t believe there have been scores of members “pulling out” of the group buy.

It will be interesting to see what percentage of buyers of the over 700 units (if any) get burned by gearbest, either by not receiving them or getting a defective D80. Will have to keep an eye on that in the GB thread in the coming months.

I still buy from them and have recently placed several more orders, in light of the negative reports I’m taking a risk, however the risk for me feels lower due to the excellent track record they have with my orders and merchandise. Sometimes there are two sides to the story.

If and when I get burned by them I will also post about it on BLF but I will not make a dramatic complaint, because I have been warned.

GB sucks…. big time
No matter how cheaply they sell stuff, I’m not buying :expressionless:

Really very informative post. I am very pleasant to found this useful information. Thanks

who buys cheap buys expensive in the end with gear best this is so true

My EC4S from banggood is stop working after i use it less than an hour, so i contact nitecore to solve this matter and they told me to send it back to check what is wrong with it.
M4DM4X and banggood is already kind enough to make a good deal with EC4S and now i want to prove the 5 years warranty from nitecore J)

BLF members I believe due to your help May from GearBest has stepped forward and is trying to help,now l just have to corner son and ask him some details or have him deal directly with May, thanks to all of you.

Hey RC buddy. Ya know I am right here ;)

LJ - If it is possible, she will always try and help. Problem is that people are too quick to make judgement or seek proper avenues and this feeding frenzy comes in. Gotta know where to go.

Still an Olight issue that possibly could have been handled by the Olight rep himself.

I was going to suggest changing the title of your thread but then the gossiping ladies would have nothing to do ;)