Give away! TrustFire MINIX

Pardon my skepticism. It is a cute light, but I am surprised at the claim of 90 lumens for 136 minutes from only 300 mAh - unless the battery is 7.2 volts or the light is stepping down from 90 lumens due to temperature or voltage sag. Explanation? Or am I mistaken?

It arrived today :partying_face:

Thanks for a really nice light :+1: . A few initial impressions here:

I’m still waiting. Which is no surprise to me.
I’m used seeing it stuck in Amsterdam for a week or more. So three more days to go.
Upon calling PostNL they say: it’s in Amsterdam but still in the AE container.
Yeah, and what about the parcels I send? Same thing, and no Ali involved there!

they might be stretching

ie, you start on the 300 lumens, as battery drops, it steps down but ultimately does ‘run’ for that long, just not at 300 lumens

a common tactic for ‘turbo lasts 3 hours!!’ and whatnot

actually, lightbringer’s chart shows it only lasts about 85 min, starting from turbo then letting it step down til the end

but maybe it would last 136 if it started on the 300 lumen, whatever that setting is
M? H?

wle

giveaway winners: what aux led did you get ?

red, or UV?

wle

we have two same topics, which one is now correct?

Winners have been announced here (post#17):

The other thread is not “valid”, as far as I know…

The one you’re looking at :stuck_out_tongue:

i dunno, i just go to https://budgetlightforum.com/ without specifying a topic, i see everything that way
wle

Sorry, I did not see that this giveaway is already over.

Kind regards

Just got a text-message from PostNL, saying they are ready to get the parcel on the move again. But first I have to pay them €7.15 ($8 and a bit) for VAT and handling fee.
Unheard and MascaratumB, you are also living in the EU. Am I the only lucky one?

So I take it that this light is sealed and doesn’t have a user replaceable battery? How sensitive is the switch to pressing? I imagine that given its position and not recessed, that it requires a press+hold or double-click to turn on?

i just got mine
the switch takes a good bit of pressure, plus a ‘hold’ - it is not going to come on accidentally
also no URB

Good to hear it. Yeah, also stumbled onto that other impressions topic and I saw this mentioned plus the double-click for lockout. I was tempted to give RovyVon another try, as I really like the Aurora A8 but have been annoyed with the PWM. But I’ve heard of other troubles so I’m avoiding that brand now.

Mine is still near you :smiley: It has not left NL to Portugal yet, but I will tell you when I get mine :wink:

Hope you like it! :wink:

Sorry to hear this. My parcel was delivered by Hermes without them asking for VAT and fees.

Just received my TrustFre Minix. It’s diamond blue and it has a white and a red emitter.
This is a tiny light, especially next to my good old TrustFire TR-3T6 (my night stick).

After performing a 10min. intro for dummies I can agree on most of previous comments.
I especially like the switch, because it has a very solid feel :+1:

Thank you TrustFire!

yes super tiny

i sort of don;t like the switch
it is too hard to find in your pocket so that you don;t have to look at the light to find the switch

otherwise pretty good very small light

wle

Got my Give away today, thank you. Very nice little light. I got a blue case with red secondary light. Looks like decent throw for the size - waiting for tonight.

Click on the pic to link to the rest of the MINIX pics.

Bummer, mine is still trapped in Customs :person_facepalming: :weary: