Glock GTL 10

When I was 18 or 19 I had a Glock 19C. I had all the accessories for it too, such as spare mags that were 10, 15, or 33 rounds, holsters, and premium Remington 9mm 115gr +P hollow points.

Well one day I’m at the pawn shop and I see a long slide Glock, maybe 35?, with one of those GTLs on it. I ask what it is and they say a tactical flashlight. I attempt to buy it and they tell me come back in a week it is on pawn maybe the owner won’t come back for it. A week goes by and it is gone. I ask if they can get me a new one and they say sure since they are a stocking Glock dealer. It was like $90 plus sales tax which was a lot back them being 1/5 the price of a new Glock and probably double the price of Surefire 6P not that I knew too much about one of those.

It came in this little box with some batteries and a spare Xenon bulb. Well I didn’t know a whole lot just that it used Lithium batteries. Previously I had some Energizer Lithiums that were like 7x the life of an alkaline so I assumed it would last forever and a day.

I was all the time flicking it on and off and one day it got dim and went out. I went to price these strange batteries at the only place I had ever seen them which was a pharmacy and they cost like $18.99 plus 6% sales tax. There was just no way. I eventually found some Engergizer Lithiums for like $13 or so. After that I used it more sparingly. Then the bulb burned out. I swapped in the spare and tried sourcing one but they didn’t seem to be sold. Shortly after I traded away the gun and all the accessories. I just couldn’t afford this light.

Anyone have one? Do they sell spare bulbs? I see they are still around are they LED yet? Anyone know much about them?

I’m not clear on what product you have.
Is this the bulb?

Is this related to it?
https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=393

Ah cool, yes that is what I asked about I see there is even a newer model in the 50s range of numbers.

Are the batteries CR123?

Yep. I think it came with Panasonic, Duracell, or Energizer ones. It wasn’t Surefire.

CR 123 batteries are now cheap and plentiful online.

Does that led drop-in fit your light?

I haven’t had this light for a long time. I had another in 2009 but sold or traded it too.

Glock also makes a fantastic knife.

If you sharpen it it loses the Tennifer on the edge.

I have owned my Glock knife for 40 years and it has been through everything, in different countries, what do you mean?

Well yeah…I could see that happening, but it would be sharp and not black.

One of life’s trade-offs?

Chris

On one of the knife forums Messer or Messen it is said the Austrian Army doesn’t allow them to be sharpened. Once it dulls do not sharpen as to keep the coating.

I would have gotten both the G35 and the light :smiley: . The long slide Glocks are great. I have a ported G24 (slightly longer) and aftermarket 40S&W and 9mm barrels for it. The stock barrel is fine but I didn’t feel comfortable shooting lead through it.

Lead is a bad idea through Glock barrels as is 180gr .40 cal.

I have no idea what all this sharpening talk is about, my version is the Glock Field Knife 81 which I got 40 years ago and can shave with after giving it all sorts of abuse and resharpenings. The black coating shows wear but the knife is never shiny so it doesn’t matter.

Internet photo, not mine.

One can shoot lead through a stock Glock barrel but not many rounds before any lead deposits have to be removed. It also depends on bullet hardness, velocity, etc.

But you must have missed the part where I said that I have aftermarket barrels for my G24, expressly for the purpose of shooting lead :smiley:

Not sure why you said 180gr 40’s are a bad idea. I usually load 140gr lead bullets but I wouldn’t be concerned about shooting the heavier bullets. Are you concerned about powder compression? Proper powder selection eliminates that issue.

Because of the unsupported chambre, if you have a 180 grain bullet and it gets set back in the case the pressure is too high and the gun blows up. It is documented and why I switched from .40 cal Glock to Steyr in .40. They are by the same designer and he fixed the problems in Glock with Steyr and Caracal.

Ah yes, the infamous Glock case smiley :open_mouth: . If I recall that was an issue with the early Gen pistols and hot loads regardless of bullet weight. I used to pick up a lot of range brass with bulges and never had any problems reloading them. Then again I load at the lower ends both to save a few cents and also to have a higher safety margin. Plus I dropped an Olympic Arms barrel into my Glock.

Set back is a problem with any caliber and should never be an issue with factory ammo unless one re-chambers the round many times, and of course the pressure spike would be much higher for loads at the max. For reloaders it’s up to them to be sure that the rounds are safe. Then again I intentionally tried to get bullets in various calibers and guns to set back (no powder) by not crimping them, using worn cases, and chambering them up to 20 times. Never had one do so but perhaps it’s dependent on gun/barrel, etc.