going out, cant decide on edc

I’m bias to the left one, but I put a forward clicky in mine for quick on access along with a ramping driver. It’s like a 18650 version of my Jetbeam BC10 which I grew fond of except that it eats batteries…but is a bright little sucker.

Easy answer ..

take the T2....rip the driver and emitter out of it , stick it in the D-4 and edc it :)

wait you're missing the light Blue glow in the dark tailcap too

Personally, I’d go for the “Convoy”. I EDC the XP-G2 R5 version. I also have the U2 2.8 3/5 on the way… :slight_smile:

That black one in the middle……will it accept a protected battery? I have an EDC, and find that protected Panny 18650Bs are pretty well a crush fit. I use ‘Mars’ branded 2600 mAh Sanyos in it, which are a bit shorter.

I’ve been eyeing those black ones (sold under various names, as low as $16) for a while, but heard they’re too short for longer protected batteries.

What switch did you buy to convert to a forward clicky? I have thought about trying one.

Intl-Outdoor told me it would just accept unprotected cells, but match doesn’t confirm this in his review.

Even if protected cells won’t fit, I’m sure you can easily shorten the spring in the tailcap after this 30seconds-mod protected cells should fit too.

Shortening the tail cap spring will not help. The stock spring will compress all the way into the the switch retainer ring.

The problem is that the battery must be able to fit into the body until it below flush. That is controlled by the driver position and spring.

Mine will accept a Keepower protected Sanyo 2600 but not an Xtar protected 2600. There is about 1mm difference in the battery length.

you’re a big boy, why not edc btu shocker or fenix tk75? :smiley:

I’m lucky then, all three take keeppower 3400mah cells, the edc has no driver spring though. :wink:

The 20mm one from Intl-Outdoor, have to cut the nub from the inside of the switch boot too.

I’d forgot, the black one has tail cap lock out too… 8)

i would take the black on personally, but if you cant decide maybe rotate them daily?

My EDC has a KD 6*7135 V2 driver that has components on the battery side, so a spring is required. The pill is deep enough that it could be shortened enough to let it take any protected cell.

I have a lathe, so when I build another one or have this one open I will cut down the pill a little.

Probably the one on the left, but:

Which one do you prefer, the left one or the black on the middle?
I still think of getting a smallish good 18650 EDC.

I built the one on the left with an ld-25 driver and no spring, it takes anything, no mode skip, nothing on cell side, it’s 2.6a, so your not losing much and 3/5mode selectable on the clicky.

When I build the next, it gets same driver an a nw xm-l, job done.

Are these two same products?

http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=551&u=28

and this? :

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/lxp-18650-175a-xml-600lumens-flashlight-p-412.html

Theres a big difference in price…

That look to be the same host, I’d go with the Cngq option, but it will over heat on high, hence the intloutdoor option.

It’s only the driver difference.

I don't feel that this little black 18650 light has gotten the praise it deserves . I love the knurling , the size , the UI , the beam profile and in neutral XML 3C it was only $18 .

I think it should be a must have .

I don't know how to pronounce XIAOZHI .

zie-hows-hi? :weary:
thats a hard one…

i always liked that trustfire… but i dont have any of them so what would i know

Z-yoshi?
:bigsmile: