Good deal - TrustFire TF-R2

Hi,

Now that FastTech carries the TF-R2, this is probably not relevant, but about a month ago, before FT carried it, I ordered a TF-R2 from sobuying.com.

Well, it took about a month to get here, finally, today, and guess what? What was in the package was NOT a TF-R2, but some generic C8 clone, a “Hong Ree C8” :(!!

While waiting for the TF-R2, I communicated with them numerous times, and they always indicated that they have a “TF-R2”.

I’ve just opened a dispute with Paypal, so my advice would be to stay away from these guys. Plus, as I posted before, they have very strange procedure where you don’t pay via their website, but rather have to use Paypal to Send Money…

That really should have been a hint…

Later,
Jim

I dont recall all the P60’s that Ive ran through this light. Everything from generics that came with other p60 lights to solarforce, trustfire, ultrafire and others in various flavors of XML, XPG, XRE, XPE. Its been well over a year, but I know they all fit without modifications because I used the TF-R2 as a host to decide which ones to gift to others while getting rid of most of my P60 collection. I kept the “good pills” for myself. :bigsmile: Im fairly sure that the brass pill from an Ultrafire XM-L 3 mode P60 dropin from Manafont now resides in it. I did however swap the driver and emitter in the pill, which has no impact on compatibility.

I see that others might have had some compatibility issues. Maybe they were unlucky… or I just got lucky. Either way, I wont be swapping pills again until something better comes along to justify it.