Good flashlight

Robo819’s video provides visual confirmation. See YouTube (Thorfire S50 starts at 1:45 mark, S70 immediately follows): https://youtu.be/ekODYmFdiUs

Reference discussion: Beamshots of 22 of my most used lights

1dash1, miller, the S70 does put out more light and does throw further than the S50.

The S50 is no slouch but the S70 makes a massive amount of light (both huge spill and throw) and it puts further downrange also than the S50 does. Niether of them are what I would call a true thrower , nor a true flooder , as they both have a floody / throwy type beam with a good mix.

Here the 2 are at the same distance (175yards), photo’s taken just 20 to 30 seconds apart.

S50 175yds

S70 175yds

Wait until the S70 is back in stock. It is a fantastic light. It's not perfect but it's close enough to earn my hearty recommendation.

I tested mine in my Integrating Sphere and it cranks 4,545 lumens @30 seconds. For throw I measured 104kcd @1meter (measured from 8.9 meters) which translates to 645meters.

Thorfire's output claims are far short for OTF lumens (3000 claimed) and also for throw (550m claimed). Output figures in the S50/S70 manuals is all wrong if they are claiming 600 & 800 meters for the lights. The S50 falls far short of the S70 in lumens and Lux and, IMO, the S70 is the better choice all around. I don't believe there is a better value on the market at this time.

Yes you confirmed my experience
Indeed a nice all round beam pattern for the both.

Do you agree that the S70 should have been kept under the wraps so we could have fallen for the S50 first?

Nah! If they did we wouldn’t be enjoying it now. Besides, there will be some people who find it too large to be convenient and want to use an 18650 only light.

Hi guys sorry for delay, I had internet issues and I couldn’t post before.

The S70 seems a excellent light, serious flooder with very good throw, based on last picture, the spill appears wider than tr-3t6.

So, about price, how much?

Information already provided to you: Good flashlight - #9 by troisanh

contact Freeme after reading this ENEDED It’s the GB8 listing. It is a monster.

Hi guys, I order the thorfire s70 but I got some issues with payment (bagood), I’ll try again with bank slip afternoon but a question came again…

After more than 7 months, a new better light release with the same range of price or little bit more?