got a new sipik sk68 from tmart

So what's the best place to enter the SK68 lottery? eBay? Amazon? fasttech?

I like these as single-mode giveaways. Everyone at work wants one.

I purchased mine on ebay from Tomtop. You can also purchase from tomtop.com. I was very happy with the quality of my flashlight. I only purchased it because it was inexpensive and found that I kinda like it as far as functionality goes.

Well, now I’m intrigued. Maybe I just have a poorly made light or a fake product. Oh well. I’ll chalk it up to 9 dollars worth of entertainment. :slight_smile:

Tmart colored sk68 is definitely the worst build of all my sk68. I’m not surprised anybody would be turned off if this happen to be their first sipik.

I would rank my sk’s overall quality as below:

1. Ultrafire 3mode, vsale (no longer available)
2. Sipik sk68 1mode, Manafont
3. Unmarked 1mode,Tomtop
4. Ultraok 1mode, ebay

To avoid, crappy build
5. Sipik fake 1mode, focalprice.
6. Red sipik, tmart

Generally the silver has better ano than black.

Well, that seems to confirm my reportings. I will say though(leaftye you may want to sit down as I have something positive to say about this light), but I am amazed that this light throws so well for only 1.5v. Messing with the zoom, I’m able to get a semi circular hotspots by taking the die pattern just out of focus. I just can’t get my eyes around the die pattern as I’m using the light. Taking the die pattern out of focus allows my eyes to concentrate on what I’m illuminating not the illumination. Overall, I give it a pass merely on price alone.

I also love my sipik (UltraOK from micro.digital) and find it the most versatile light I have ever used. It is not the brightest one but there is no other light with such abilities! I often use it without the bezel as it floods perfectly and walking in dark is fun with it. It has sturdy clip and tailstands, you’ve got low mode and strobe in case of emergency, perfect cooling. It works perfectly on both eneloops and 14500’s. In case of usefulness I can’t get why you don’t like it. Maybe it is the build quality what disappointed you :slight_smile: I think that you should give it another chance with the one from ebay sellers micro.digital or vikicompany these are well made lights. First i have been buying them from micro.digital and then tried vikicompany both are the same. The micro.digital one were marked as UltraOK ZS-2 and vikicompanys are UltraFire but they are absolutely the same quality and appearance. Both are using rubber O-ring between the head and body instead of metal that can be seen on sipiks.

But of course there is a chance that you will get damaged light just like with anything bought from ebay,but hey! don’t give up :slight_smile:

DriveX- it seems pretty obvious to me that I just got a bad light. I think I need to order another just to be sure(wink).

I have purchased probably 7 or 8. I like them, and have one in each car.
Jerry

Yup, both of mine (from Tomtop) work fine. In fact, I need to order a few more for family members that really like mine and want one of their own...

One of the nurses at work has a sipik sk68 that she bought off of ebay. she let me look at it and I must say it is much better than the one that I bought. The finish and the machining are much better. The zoom head fits much better as well. Maybe sipiks have some quality control issues like the xxxxfires do and I got a bad run.

I seriously doubt they even came from same factory. There may be tens of them churning out all sorts of SK68 clones even as I type this.

Some of these are really sturdy, even waterproof to some point, while others are simply so so and “meh, what’s the big deal about this”. Variations is probably the only thing consistent with these.

I discovered the TomTop SK68 when I was buying my new bike lights a couple of months ago. Ordered a couple and have been delighted. What got me was the advance in performance since the last time I’d looked at lights. I’ve owned a Fenix E20 for a few years. I remember paying £24 for that light to get ~100lm and good run time. Now, for just £3.38 I have a light that kills it in terms of output. Next step a couple of 14500’s - WTF!! If you consider that I can have 4* SK68 including a reasonable 14500 each for less than the price I paid for my Fenix, each one with more than double its output. Things move on at a pace.

I’m now awaiting the arrival of a Z8 which I hope will give me much of the fun I’ve had with the SK68 but in a higher quality finish.

I agree it is good quality little flashlight, and I have red and green version.

From Tmart, here
They are not bad. I’m not sure they can handle a 14500 though. The driver seems to not like it. Maybe as the cell draws down it’s OK.

These seem to have an OK build and finish. Orange button boot. three modes, no memory. Tmart says XR-E Q3, but mine have Q5 stamped on the side…
I like them; pop in a NiMH and it goes in my jacket pocket.

First post on here. I found this forum after buying one of these from eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150830060987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It is shipping from US. Thats why I bought this particular one vs many others that looked exactly the same.

Also curious if those 14500 batteries are gonna be worth a crap.

Welcome to BLF! Hope you enjoy your time here.

As to your purchase, the Batteries are going to suck, the charger is OK.
But what I do not like about this flashlight in the auction is that will ONLY run on a 14500 and will not run on a AA.
I have one like this and it is an OK light but the Battery choice is limited.

These SK68 clones generally do not draw that much amperage so even the crap cells will work, but you will be well served to upgrade to some of the ones Kumbear has, it will really pick up the performance of the flashlight.
Look here;ONLY BATTERY ORDERS for YOUR BLF US-BASED BATTERY SUPPLIER
The Keeppower DLG 14500 protected ones are only $4.48 and worth every cent.

HTH
Keith

Thank you for the info.

Where do you recommend to get a good SK68 with modes and AA compatibility? I will go ahead and keep this one, but want the best version I can get.

Also could I change the driver in the one I ordered from eBay to get AA compatability and modes?

No, not worth it to change driver, just keep it and use it.

I have had good luck with these from China;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-Lumens-WC-CREE-Q5-LED-Zoomable-Adjustable-Focus-Flashlight-Torch-Black-5Mode-/360553462766?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item53f2a93bee
They are not however 5 mode, they are 3 mode with zoom, Hi-Lo-Strobe.

One mode that works good with AA or 14500 from USA seller;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-CREE-LED-Flashlight-7W-300LM-Torch-Adjustable-Focus-Zoom-Light-Lamp-Silver-/221032994407?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item337697d667

Thanks,
Keith

Thanks. I went ahead and bought 2 of the 3mode ones. One for me and one for a friend. I also bought what I think is a sk98 clone from same seller. Good prices. Now for the agonizing 4 week wait from China. At least I should have the first one in a week.

I have exactly the same from easebon ordered on dec 16, not arrived yet.
With eBay we are on the safe side, if it is no 3 mode we get refund. I have enough of the 1 modes laying around.