Got my Trustfire J-19 today. First Impressions. Beamshots page 11

No J20 on the way AFAIK. :wink: I do have a TR-S700 that arrived a few days ago. This J-19 sounds awesome! Makes me want one badly! 8)

Oops my bad I was mixing the two up. The J-19 is a really nice light, just not stock. Any hints about the TR-S700? Mostly how well is it driven.

Well, stock it puts out 3250 OTF after 30 seconds and throws far better than I expected. it’s a massive wall of light with a pretty good hotspot in the center. The magnetic switch is my first so I have nothing to compare it to but it is not as smooth to operate as a magnetic ring. It can be adjusted so low that barely any light comes out the front at all and you can hold the light up to your eyes. In the lower outputs there is no PWM. At slightly brighter up there is PWM but it’s probably around 500Hz and not that bad and I only see it against the ceiling fan. At least 4-5 times faster than my SRK. On high there is zero PWM as well. Great machining and MASSIVE! It’s like carrying a couple of bricks with a handle. LOL.

Thanks for sharing your impressions 18sixfifty.

edit: thanks to you too JM. I like the fatty better based on form factor.. :)

Thanks, that doesn’t sound too bad at all.

Lens and reflector pill diameter?
Quality of anodizing?
Thanks.

Let me correct those output numbers. :wink: When I took the first readings the light wasn’t inside the IS properly. I had to trim 1/8th of an inch around the opening of the IS to fit this massive bezel. Once I was able to get the opening inside I measured 3578 OTF lumens. :smiley:

That is really nice. 3578 lumens stock makes it a very bright light indeed.

I’m waiting to see what the J-19 is like with 3 MTG2s in it :smiley:

Me too, now I’m in stalking the mailman mode. J)

i want see the j20 review too J)

+1

Ok you guys can send me one and I’ll be more than happy to review it. LOL :wink:

should setup a crowdfund for the J20 so we can all see what the deal is with that torch. I would pitch $5 in to that deal…… :slight_smile:

If you can get enough people to get half of it I’ll pay the other half and do the best review that I have done yet.

So we just need 9 others to drop in $5 so we can see what this light will do. I am very interested in this torch but at $100 I want to see if its a big step up from my x100 before I drop that kind of money…. $5 is worth it to potentially save me a $100 disappointment. … lets see if we can get 9 others to paypal in $5 to get this party started.

Who’s in? :quest:

I will start the ball rolling with a $5 contribution to the cause.

I think I know the answer. :wink:

These Chinese manufacturers also gather intel and they are among us (some are members of BLF). They know that most, if not all, flashaholics will mod their flashlaights anyway. So they’re putting in crap drivers and parts because they know these will be replaced by much better ones. :bigsmile:

Thanx for sharing all these 18650. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome and you could be onto something. :wink:

id contribute $5 to that j20, but i would rather contribute $5 to the kd 12xml shorty instead.