Grizzly's Acebeam T35 Review – Simple Tactical Light

T35 is kind of boring, and I think that’s the point. It doesn’t do anything special, but it does everything you need reliably and intuitively. This is a dead-simple, compact, reliable, tactical light at a reasonable price point. Just be careful with pocket carry because the bezel might tear up your pocket. Read the full review here.

4 Thanks

Nice light and review. This one checks off the boxes for a tactical light; small, on/off, steel “get off me bezel”. It almost makes the duty light. Needs far greater capacity if working nights and traffic control with a cone on it. Strange as it might sound as built up areas get brighter so does the flashlight need to be brighter. In a rural area with little light you’ve got you eyes adjusted for weaker light needs. City alleys from well lite streets, all the lumens you can get to properly see what there. 18650 at 3000-3500mah would better serve this light. Still not a fan of charging ports on work lights. I worked a lot more accidents in rain then any other time. Potted electronics would be nice to up the shock resistance and thermal transfer.

I quite like UIs like this where you can have momentary on any brightness level. However, I would also like to see strobe memorised for light painting use (only if it was last selected via the side switch).

That’s a good point. What are some other UI features that are perfect for light painting but aren’t desirable for utility illumination?

Memorised (constant frequency) strobe is something that has sadly gone from most duty lights. It is possible to have a strobe both hidden and memorised which would keep everyone happy - but manufacturers don’t seem to want to do that. For example you could have a double or tricky click for a hidden strobe, but once it is activated, it will be memorised (for use with the momentary switch) until the user does a single click back to the main mode cycle.