Group Buy Active >> Skilhunt H15 and more >> Review Inside

Skilhunt H15 please.

Can you swap the TIR optic with another one at a store for different light angle option?

Not unless you can find one that is held down with 4 screws. The H02 and the H15 both use a similar TIR (cannot say the same because never tried to swap).

Now.....an H02R that has the reflector may be able to accept an aftermarket TIR but I am not sure.

Why did you want to change the angle? To get a narrower beam profile? If that is the case then you may want to wait until after CNY whereas we may be able to get Skilhunt to make a 18350 tube for the H02 and H02R.

Skilhunt H15 NW, could i get code and link to purchase, thanks again Bugsy36

No, I was just curious if I could experiment with different TIR optics. Never tried one yet. I prefer to use nimh for a light which can be strapped to my forehead anyway.

Khas, would you please add a pointer into the “What Legoes With What” thread for your use of the bare tubes that matched threads?

What Legoes with What? | BudgetLightForum.com
What Legoes with What?

Purchased h15 now the wait begins.

Thanks.

Same. Had a great deal on AA batteries so now I need to test them! :smiley:

Purchased an H15. :slight_smile:

PM for details,

Please

Order placed for H15...thanks for the code Bugsy!

How is everyone putting their h15s in the headband?

I use the clip mainly, but the couple of times I have used the Headband, I get the rubber a little wet with tap water. Makes the light slide in a bit easier…

OK. My headlamp arrived after 4 weeks. My impressions are similar to what has been said. Overall, a nice light and good price. I still much prefer a zebralight but it’s literally twice the price.

So here are some impressions.

- I have not tried the headband yet, but the clip is decent but not great. Could be deeper carry and skip the annoying bumps that catches on all.but the thinnest fabric (like an olight clip).

- the neutral tint seems fine. I may swap for Nichia 219 in the future, or not bother.

- it’s a big light. Almost as big as a zebralight sc62 (small 18650 light).

- the flashing button beacon is nice but I wish it could be disabled by default.

- I’m not a fan of the exposed optic but it seems like it could be a standard 20 mm optic. So easily replaced or changed for a different beam pattern. This is not confirmed yet.

- I’m also not a fan of long press to turn off but this one is quite short and not bad at all. I had an xtar headlamp and had to sell it because you had to hold almost 2 seconds to turn it off. Hated it. This is a fraction of a second.

- beam pattern is nice directional flood. Light levels are good. 3-50 lumens gap is a touch wide for me but still very usable.

• I won’t be modding the driver because it’s quite good and I want to use nimh cells.

So overall, while not perfect, it’s one of the best lower priced headlamps around. Too many have really bad mode choices (2-120 lumens!?), or clunky UI (hold forever to turn off). This one is great.

(Note - I posted similar thoughts in the review thread, but didn’t get any response in regards to band comfort.)
I received my H15 a week or so ago, and I’m very impressed with the tint, beam, and build quality. Great light! I did notice that the tailcap has to be screwed on VERY tightly for the light to work at all - this confused me for a while. I’d also prefer a permanent locater beacon-bypass, but a slow double click to turn it all the way off is a relatively minor inconvenience.
Anyway, I have a gripe about the design of the rubber mount that holds the light to the headband. The two thick rubber straps that wrap around behind the band press very uncomfortably into my forehead! All my other headlamps have had plastic mounts of some sort that don’t protrude far behind the cloth headband, and I’ve never had a problem with this. If I loosen up the band enough that the rubber straps don’t hurt, the headband is too lose and the light bounces around.
Really a shame, because it’s such a nice headlamp for close-up work! But given the discomfort issue, I don’t want to use it if I’ll need to wear it for more than 15 minutes or so.
Does anyone else have this issue? Any alternate band mounts or other ideas? I’m not interested in clipping the light to my shirt or anywhere farther from my head, and I generally don’t like to wear caps, especially when doing house/car work, so clipping to a cap brim is out.
TIA

Well. I tried the headband. It’s pretty big and clunky. I’m not a fan of the top strap. For now, I’m using a zebralight AA headlamp band. A lot more compact. It has similar construction at the Mount so will likely bother you. I’ve used it for years and not had an issue. This headlamp is pretty big for the mount though. I’ll try it for now. I have an AA zebralight headband with top strap coming someday. I may use that. Very nice headlamp beam. Good purchase.

I just got my H02, took a little over a week… Bump for a great bargain of a headlamp…

Update. The zebralight band is too small and flimsy. Maybe an 18650 one. I tried the skilhunt one. It’s better but not super comfy. I’m using it as a clip light for now, backup as headlamp. Still a nice buy. I’m tempted by an h02 with a driver mod, but not feeling very into modding these days.

Pm please if I can still get in on these.

Pm me the prices please for these if they are still available.
Thanks