Group Buy Active >> Skilhunt H15 and more >> Review Inside

I just received my order of H15's today . Ordered on the 18th . They look pretty nice. Definitely good quality build wise.

I'm not crazy about the blinking switch that has to be manually switched off each time the light is cycled on and off.

I prefer this type of headlight with a good clip over the headband. I wear a cap and most lights with a headband cast a shadow of the hat bill and you have to hold your head down in an unnatural position when working up close. I wore a streamlight Argo 6-7 hrs a night every night for almost 5 years on graveyard shift and after buying an armytec wizard a couple of years ago I could never go back to that style light again. With one of these I clip it to my cap and it's way better. Another plus is I don't have a headband squeezing my brain all the time.

The clip on this could stand to be beefed up and oversized a little more but it holds really tight once clipped on. I'm just not sure how long it will last using it as a hat clip.

The headband itself is really good. I bet it would last a long time since there's no hinge to break but I'll never know since mine will stay in the box.

Thanks for putting this GB together. I like it

A few of the guys I work with use them the same way. One guy even cut the rubber of his headband and actually screwed it to his bump cap.So far their clips have held up for several months.

I wear my cap backwards because I cannot stand hats/caps. The headband is a decent quality headband. I am guessing mine has over 1500 hours, maybe even 2000 hours, of actual wearing time. It is just now starting to show the "stretch" but still has life in it. Still, Skilhunt makes the headband easily available and even the generic UltraFire headband (without top strap) will work.

I had a similar Streamlight. I never used it. I came here instead and bought my HC50 because I think it was Koyotee that recommended it. Then I found out about the Skilhunts and I never looked back since.

Received the H15 today, really nice light, so I just ordered the H02 also.
Thanks bugsy36

..interested in the H15, and would appreciate a PM.

Thank you!

It looks like H15 NW is out of stock at the moment.

If anyone manage to order one (and get confirmation that it has been shipped) - let me/us know.

H15 NW is currently out of stock, but I ordered one anyway. :wink:

Ordered up a H02R for my hike along the Inca trail this summer. Wanted something that supports non-lithium for traveling. Hopefully it works out!

Anyone opened this up to remove the red LED? Very annoying to have to turn that off every time.

Received my H15 that originally was on backorder. Very nice. Thanks much!

Skilhunt H15 please.

Can you swap the TIR optic with another one at a store for different light angle option?

Not unless you can find one that is held down with 4 screws. The H02 and the H15 both use a similar TIR (cannot say the same because never tried to swap).

Now.....an H02R that has the reflector may be able to accept an aftermarket TIR but I am not sure.

Why did you want to change the angle? To get a narrower beam profile? If that is the case then you may want to wait until after CNY whereas we may be able to get Skilhunt to make a 18350 tube for the H02 and H02R.

Skilhunt H15 NW, could i get code and link to purchase, thanks again Bugsy36

No, I was just curious if I could experiment with different TIR optics. Never tried one yet. I prefer to use nimh for a light which can be strapped to my forehead anyway.

Khas, would you please add a pointer into the “What Legoes With What” thread for your use of the bare tubes that matched threads?

What Legoes with What? | BudgetLightForum.com
What Legoes with What?

Purchased h15 now the wait begins.

Thanks.

Same. Had a great deal on AA batteries so now I need to test them! :smiley:

Purchased an H15. :slight_smile:

PM for details,

Please

Order placed for H15...thanks for the code Bugsy!