Group Buy Active >> Skilhunt H15 and more >> Review Inside

How is everyone putting their h15s in the headband?

I use the clip mainly, but the couple of times I have used the Headband, I get the rubber a little wet with tap water. Makes the light slide in a bit easier…

OK. My headlamp arrived after 4 weeks. My impressions are similar to what has been said. Overall, a nice light and good price. I still much prefer a zebralight but it’s literally twice the price.

So here are some impressions.

- I have not tried the headband yet, but the clip is decent but not great. Could be deeper carry and skip the annoying bumps that catches on all.but the thinnest fabric (like an olight clip).

- the neutral tint seems fine. I may swap for Nichia 219 in the future, or not bother.

- it’s a big light. Almost as big as a zebralight sc62 (small 18650 light).

- the flashing button beacon is nice but I wish it could be disabled by default.

- I’m not a fan of the exposed optic but it seems like it could be a standard 20 mm optic. So easily replaced or changed for a different beam pattern. This is not confirmed yet.

- I’m also not a fan of long press to turn off but this one is quite short and not bad at all. I had an xtar headlamp and had to sell it because you had to hold almost 2 seconds to turn it off. Hated it. This is a fraction of a second.

- beam pattern is nice directional flood. Light levels are good. 3-50 lumens gap is a touch wide for me but still very usable.

• I won’t be modding the driver because it’s quite good and I want to use nimh cells.

So overall, while not perfect, it’s one of the best lower priced headlamps around. Too many have really bad mode choices (2-120 lumens!?), or clunky UI (hold forever to turn off). This one is great.

(Note - I posted similar thoughts in the review thread, but didn’t get any response in regards to band comfort.)
I received my H15 a week or so ago, and I’m very impressed with the tint, beam, and build quality. Great light! I did notice that the tailcap has to be screwed on VERY tightly for the light to work at all - this confused me for a while. I’d also prefer a permanent locater beacon-bypass, but a slow double click to turn it all the way off is a relatively minor inconvenience.
Anyway, I have a gripe about the design of the rubber mount that holds the light to the headband. The two thick rubber straps that wrap around behind the band press very uncomfortably into my forehead! All my other headlamps have had plastic mounts of some sort that don’t protrude far behind the cloth headband, and I’ve never had a problem with this. If I loosen up the band enough that the rubber straps don’t hurt, the headband is too lose and the light bounces around.
Really a shame, because it’s such a nice headlamp for close-up work! But given the discomfort issue, I don’t want to use it if I’ll need to wear it for more than 15 minutes or so.
Does anyone else have this issue? Any alternate band mounts or other ideas? I’m not interested in clipping the light to my shirt or anywhere farther from my head, and I generally don’t like to wear caps, especially when doing house/car work, so clipping to a cap brim is out.
TIA

Well. I tried the headband. It’s pretty big and clunky. I’m not a fan of the top strap. For now, I’m using a zebralight AA headlamp band. A lot more compact. It has similar construction at the Mount so will likely bother you. I’ve used it for years and not had an issue. This headlamp is pretty big for the mount though. I’ll try it for now. I have an AA zebralight headband with top strap coming someday. I may use that. Very nice headlamp beam. Good purchase.

I just got my H02, took a little over a week… Bump for a great bargain of a headlamp…

Update. The zebralight band is too small and flimsy. Maybe an 18650 one. I tried the skilhunt one. It’s better but not super comfy. I’m using it as a clip light for now, backup as headlamp. Still a nice buy. I’m tempted by an h02 with a driver mod, but not feeling very into modding these days.

Pm please if I can still get in on these.

Pm me the prices please for these if they are still available.
Thanks

I’m in for 2. BUT, how much?

Jerry

I got H15 before Chinese new year.
My problem is….
I can’t use Turbo mode with my Nimh batteries
mode 3 and mode 4 seem be same lumen.
Is this battery problem?
my nimh battries are old(bought them 3 years ago….)
I have been thinking the battereis are still good to use as they are eneloop type

I unfortunately do not have mine here to check.

The first question is: Do you get 4 modes with a 14500 battery? If you do then I would guess that it is the spacing when using the Nimh is not that noticeable to you. I do remember when I first reviewed them that the Nimh did in fact have 4 different modes.

I have no way to measure the real-world output but maybe if someone has a meter they may be able to measure and post the results.

Max and high are quite close on eneloop. It’s a circuit limitation

With Tenergy Centura Ni-MH 2000mah I can’t see the difference between the last (highest) two modes

With the Xtar 14500 800mah I get all (four) the modes.

The low battery feature doesn’t work (for me) with the Tenergy’s or alkaline’s either.

If I recall, the low battery function is only for LiIon… It has to start above 3.7V for it to work. Fairly sure this is common on the dual voltage drivers…

I get the same feeling of not having 4 levels on Alkaline, but it is actually pulling more Ma if you check it with a meter. The levels may not be far enough apart visually, but they are there… I like the LiIon for mine, but the AA back up is a good option too…

That is how I treat it. I prefer the Li-Ions first but the AA is a nice backup option - especially for table work.

I’d like a pm with the price too, please :slight_smile:

Great, thank you for the code. I just bought the H15 CW.

I find it funny that a big and somewhat respected manufacturer as Skilhunt just went and stole one of the biggest cell phone operators in Northern Europes brand logo :slight_smile:

http://i.imgur.com/hkHUEcF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wedGyvf.png

I’m more inclined to believe it’s a simple coincidence. Similar logos, when designs look alike | Logo Design Love