Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

OP updated with something to consider when selecting tint upon your GB order.

As per Kronos request CW tint.

I’m #225 NP
CW is fine with me
Thanks

Im new but if possible plz sign me in!

Name: Haxquiz
Quantity: 1 CW

Thanks!!!

(im new here, so if you need additional info plz let me know!)

I assume one or two weeks after November 5th. So maybe the second wave will be built and ready for shipping three weeks after that (Nov 26). I’m in the 700s. Hopefully I can get mine Around mid December.

More good news. EE is beginning a second production run of 300 units. These 300 are estimated to be ready on Nov.12th, just 1 week after the initial run of 500!

Group Buy will be conducted with a special code that will be PM’d to GB participants. I will give more details later as we get closer to the GB.

Thanks again to Yourrid for updating the interest list here:

krono

Second production run is realy great news! I hope they will reach us for Xmass

Wil there be an option for HK air mail if we pay aditional fee?

Thanks Krono

Yikes! That is a lot of typing. You may need to get started now.

Is there any bin specified for the tints? Which tint is what bin…?

Bin tint is specified on the Banggood website as XM-L2 U2 1A CW or XM-L2 U2 3C NW.

While I agree that moving up the second production run is great news, I wonder why only 300? Are they losing so much money on this light? The sign-up list is already beyond 700, well on its way to the 800 being produced. What if there is a person who wants light number 801? I’m assuming that it doesn’t make sense for them to produce 25, 50, or even 100 pcs. in a later run. It only makes sense for them to make hundreds at a time (am I wrong?). This being the case, I think they’d do better to at least make the second run 400 pcs. That is, unless they are really being more optimistic than me, and expecting to make another 300 pcs. for the third run!

Its just a guess, but I dont think EE want too many hotrod lights out there. Its possible that the 800 make them nervous enough, and a number they had not expected when they started on this journey.

David and Ejected - It honestly has nothing to do with the fear of producing or selling these lights or even losing money (they are not). It really is about logistics.

Consider this:

1.These lights are being assembled by hand

2. Laser engraving is a slow PITA process

3. Initial run of 500 two weeks out

4. Second run of 500 two weeks after the first run of 500 but now second run will be 300 and one week after first run

That tells me that there is a production capability is 250/wk. I highly doubt that is due to the assembly process but rather the actual time consuming engraving. Laser engraving is slow because the burn size is usually about .001". Many people assume that it is like printing or stamping and it is far from that. The "B" alone probably requires a few hundred passes.

My best educated guess is that after the first 500 they will be shipping them to Banggood 250-300 at a time/week.

Thanks, Bugsy! Hope you’re right. As we all know, they have the pre-sale page up with a higher price than we’re getting. Maybe that’s confirmation that what you said is true, they will keep producing them for a while. Who knows, once we get them in our hands, some of us, or our friends, may want to order more. It would be great if that is possible.

Will they overproduce these and sell them off the website with the BLF Special Edition logo to just anybody? If they were to produce a third run or a 4th, 5th whatever… then there’d be thousands of these out there and ours would hardly be “Special Editions”.

It's a open forum, anyone can register, post "I'm in" and buy these. The only difference is timing, buying now or later. There will probably be an overrun, same as with the Starry Night that was available to anyone at CNQG after that group buy. I doubt they'd want to annoy a sizable block of compulsive buyers.

Maybe that's why the second run is only 300, perhaps they'll add runs of 50-100 if needed later to avoid a large overrun.

Heheheh…I love all the speculation and conspiracy theories.

It is VERY simple. They have an additional 300 MaxToch copper boards that came in, so they will make an additional 300 units right away.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sally has 3 nipples. Simple as that.

Who knew?

Yeah I didn’t think it was a conspiracy, or a “loss selling to us” (they wouldn’t do it then), more like “they don’t trust our specs to sell many units outside the group buy :’| ”. But yeah, the obvious more mundane answer of not enough of a particular supply was certainly overlooked! :slight_smile:

May have missed it, but I think the last sample (JM-->Dale) had no AR lens, but it looks like the units will be coming in with an AR lens (still listed in the OP)? If so, did they swap the AR lens from the one that had been reviewed with poor results to a supposedly better one? Just ask'n... if anyone knows Smile, or I got this screwed up... I'm again all for 100% to SHIP IT, so I'll take whatever is planned now, just would be nice to know what to expect.

For me, if I feel fussy bout it and want the very best, I'd buy a UCLp anyway. If I want to keep the cost down, I'll take it however they ship it.