Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

If I like it enough I won’t mod it though it might be more accurate to say that it would have to displease me enough to force me to mod it. I ordered 2 so that I could leave one be and put a led4power driver in the other as I’m hoping they both become available at nearly the same time. I could do that with a stock X6 but I’m busy, lazy, and unmotivated. Keep up the good work, I still have plenty of popcorn left.

It is indeed similar design, time for some modification, in days I guess. (well, its a sample, so try everything. :wink: Even frying it, be better or DIE R&D)

So what happens to the prototypes that get scrapped?

Should sell them cheap or something! Would hate to see them being returned then trashed.

nah… not going to trash it, improve it I mean (if it have spaces for improvement) R & D time

Stop that Dale… ya makin me drool. :stuck_out_tongue:

mine gives 1.34A on high, so if its the same as the driver for this light then we should all prepare to be disappointed

:heart_eyes:

Bort, rest easy. You might have gotten a light with a similar driver as the one pictured that performed miserably but we will not be accepting such as that in this Group Buy. Kronological is all over it and, as has already been said, it’s being worked out.

In things such as these one just has to have faith in the guy pulling the strings. Krono is not gonna let them get the best of us in this buy. Which is why the samples. Not taking anyone’s word for anything, and doing everything possible to ensure everyone here is getting what they signed on for.

You might note that the sense resistor on your driver is an R100 as compared to R030 in the proposed driver that is already summarily being rejected. So it should be quite obvious that your driver was far less powerful right there, at a glance. The proposed driver also had an inductor on top, where yours has a toroid.

Please stop trying to derail the trust of the many people here with irrelevant heresay. There are already several doing the same and it’s all for no good. Have some trust in a fellow BLF member, Krono has gotten us good deals on some really nice lights in the past and he will do so again.

I never thought I’d be quoting my mom on this one, but what she said over 45 years ago was exactly right…if you don’t have anything good to say don’t say anything at all.

This too is an all too familiar tactic, specially in this arena. You create the spec; they present their offer… you present a counter offer, they response with something totally off the mark… so you accept the shortcomings of the original offer. And due to the disruption, you get a polluted mix in the end product where there is no longer any consistency. So of course, it is your fault for not speaking the language.

I know Krono won’t let this happen and I am sure Neal already knows this. But I have dealt with China enough to know that this is a operating mode that is very successful for Chinese manufacturers. Nothing ever goes to waste. Somehow everything will end up in the market.

I think the original was already near the mark and could have been fixed with minimal effort. With this latest driver being identical to a different brand tells me EE isn’t the pinnacle in this supply chain or there is a serious communication breakdown. I suspect the former.

Probably thats why it is not the same ? I’m sure at least 2.2A is coming out, below 2.4A. Trying to mod it to 3.5A if possible, make use of that driver. Sense resistor is the first one to change.

Im hoping this light will be ready when it is ready and not a day earlier.

But if I read JMs post right, he is saying it appears to be good, except for the driver. This bodes well, not poorly as its easy enough to rectify. Time will tell if it gets done. Patience Grasshoppers.

I was just surprised how similar it is to what i already have, i was never resting uneasy, i know the BLF guys working to make this a success are probably the best in the business.
I agree with most of what your saying except the only good to say thing, if no one talks about the bad things then they can get away with anything, if the testers avoided telling us the unfavourable results they are getting then we are all screwed.
Not that i give a blank license to bad mouth everything, but giving bad news with a bit of decorum should be encouraged.

I coudl not have said it better myself, in fact i will quote this post in future threads when this comes up :slight_smile:

I’ve gone outside and taken beamshots of all 5 modes of the sample light with the resistor change. I use a fixed set of camera settings all the time, so this is no different. Canon G1X at ISO1600 f/5.6, 1/2 second exposure. Taken in manual mode, 2 second timer with manual focus. Images stacked in CS5 and resized for the web.

This is zoomed in at 112mm and the red 55 gal oil drum is 97 yds from the camera and light.

The mode levels are as follows
Moon at 5 lumens
Low at 40 lumens
Med at 700 lumens
High at 952 lumens
Turbo at 1287 lumens

The mode levels are as follows
Moon at 5 lumens
Low at 40 lumens
Med at 700 lumens
High at 952 lumens
Turbo at 1287 lumens

Hmm, now see I do like moonlight, but really something between 40 and 700 is more important than having a 5 lumen output for almost every occasion I’d have and to the vast majority of user type people… :stuck_out_tongue:

And that is precisely why I took and posted these pics. So Neal can easily see that the medium needs to come down at the very least. If the Turbo step down remains in place then High can stay where it is. If medium were brought down to 250-300 I think it’d be a much better all round performer. So that one simple change to the resistors and a reduction to medium and it should be pretty much right where we want it.

That should be a simple request and as plain as we can ask for.

+1 I hope we can go back to the previous driver instead of trying yet another. We were so close! Get the mode spacing right is more important than what the Max drive level is. Max drive can be adjusted with resistor mod, (for those who want a light that burns) but mode spacing you are stuck with; Lets get that right. Just drop medium to the 250-300 Lumen and the rest of the modes are close enough. (….this is where we were after the first test sample….)

Is there an urgency? Why not try for all of it where possible? Thats what this light was about, ALL of It. Amps, Modes, PWM, Direct copper MCPCB for heat management, AR Lens, Style, Finish, Logo… a light that did not need any mods. You can of course mod it, but it did not require mods to be classed as a hotrod worth owning. It was to be a factory hotrod.

Seriously, I wouldnt care if the GB was about limited run and not so much lower cost in a budget light. Id pay extra for extra features and be happy with the end result as long as it dots all ’i’s and crosses all ’T’s and if it take another 6 months to get there, so be it.

If people are in a rush, buy the stocko, its freely available now and mod away. Lets not talk this limited run into being something less than it was destined to be, the stocko is already that light.

Leave it to Krono and JM, Im sure they have it all under controlled Kaos.

The point being that the first prototype was real close, only needed minor tweaking of the driver medium mode and change resistor for higher Max. …and maybe another lens (or back to the stock lens which was better)

The Second prototype was a few steps backwards.
I have a stock X6; it’s a very nice light but would prefer to drop the flasher modes.

I have all the time in the world to wait for them to get this right, but I have this urge right now to order one of the stock lights to tide me over…