Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Received mine yesterday,11 days to Australia.Very nice light for the price.Thanks to all involved.
Tail cap readings for what they are worth,with Pana PF.
BLF X6 –2.58A ,Convoy L4 –2.78A

And they say old dawgs can't learn new tricks! :P

You betchya...thanks again LL.

[quote=Tom E]

[quote=2 DOGS]

Sooooo,
Would it make sense to go back to a something like this;
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1609/10001903/1581200-cree-xm-l-u2-3c-1008lm-4800-5000k-led-emitter
And remove the core LED emitter and reflow it onto the copper star on the X6, would the higher amperage with the older emitter yield higher OTF lumen output vs under driven Vf of XM-L2?
If so, a easy $3.66 solution.
Just a thought. After all there was nothing wrong with the orig. XML’s

Later,
Keith

Hahaha love it. Thanks Will.

I’m biting my tongue on some of the unfounded accusations and assumptions…especially from those that haven’t even received their X6-SE yet…lol

What I will say is that I am sorry this light has not lived up to the expectations of some folks. I, too, wish the amps could have been higher. But honestly, you would probably have a hard time telling the difference. Despite the limited negative talk, this light performs exceptionally well.

I find something else curiously amusing. Remember, also, that there was concern about the production AR lens since it had not actually been tested (and the first AR lens was a bust). Nevertheless, I trusted Neal and EE on their assurance that this newer lens was the real deal, and made the call to go with it sight unseen. Turns out that it is an excellent lens, which, ironically, helped recover some lumens lost from the driver. EE/Neal/BangGood came through on that promise. The usual naysayers haven’t commented on that. Why not?

This process has been a long an arduous one…with countless communications back and forth between Dale, JM, Neal and I. We have spent countless hours trying to make a light that hits on all cylinders. As JM pointed out, this light would never have seen the light of day if not for the patience of all involved. The testing was unlike any other light I have seen…just ask Dale’s wife :bigsmile: The multiple samples sent out by EE/Neal were unprecedented. All in all there was an incredible amount of work…both seen and un-seen…put into this project. The process was not “rushed” at all, and I take strong exception to anyone implying that.

That being said, this GB has truly been an awesome experience. I can’t tell you how much I have learned through this process. I really appreciate all the kudos from my fellow BLF members! Best of all, this is a process that doesn’t stop here. I intend to keep working with manufacturers to produce lights that we all want. Keep in mind, this is the first of potentially many lights I hope to have built…shaped by the wants of true flashaholics. I think the X6-SE is a pretty solid start.

Work has already started on a second light…one that will be built from the ground up. Dale, JM and I have been looking at preliminary designs, and I can’t wait to see what we eventually come up with. More on that later.

Cheers,
krono

Bravo!!! More group buys

Many thanks to you krono and Neal as well as all those who have supported this group buy.

The fact that we got this far with so little money is one heck of a feat.

Put me in for 4 on the next one. :bigsmile: Just received mine and i'm satisfied.

For a $20 light its awesome. Thanks again guys.

Parts for a triple will probably cost at least twice as much as the host did. Three XP-Ls on copper alone is $20 or more, a BLF FET driver is $14, and then you still need the optics, spacer, spring mods, maybe a higher-amp switch, tools, time, and shipping.

The costs could be reduced if done on a large scale, but it almost certainly won’t be.

For an idea what to expect for a BLF X6 triple, look at the Convoy S3 triple. An empty host is $13.50, but with all the mods and parts and labor for a triple the price goes up to $69.50… and that’s with a less-expensive driver.

Looking forward to any other group buys you have in the works.

Just do yourself and the other testers a favor and make a note of all the naysayers who have no idea of what value for money is and do not give them the opportunity to buy into the next lot.
Will be a lot less painful for you.

* Poof! * Mind blown…

I totally never made that connection before. It always looked like “DBC” and “stm”, not “DB” and “Cstm”. :slight_smile:

Then again, I also just realized today how fitting it is that I managed to get a good moon mode even on massively powerful direct drive triples… I mean, of course I did — I’m named after an ancient moon goddess.

Well said krono and hats of to you all. One problem though if I may. I went to ask Dales wife as you mentioned but she has left him due to him spending more time with this light than she.

This thread got more unique views than the BLF Deal Alert thread! 164k vs 148k

Thanks Krono!!
I just got mine today! Superb build and output!
I’d say mine easily pull 3A, as it hang right with my Tangsfire C8, which is known to draw 3A.

Can’t wait for the next GB from you guys. AWesome work.

I don’t have mine yet but no matter what I think the principles involved did a wonderful job staying with this in spite of all the negativity. Bravo! Kudos! Lumens! I don’t participate in every GB that comes along but this one was obviously going to be special and I’m glad to have joined. Thanks again Krono for sticking it out.

I’ve got one from the first batch, and one from the second batch floating in the post somewhere. Mine were purchased on the 2nd and the 7th, and shipped on the 6th and the 12th.

Got mine, Thanks everyone!

This is too bizarre. Spec says 3.5 amps @ Turbo.
But the readings reported so far are all less than 2.5 amps.

How dare reporting the low numbers!