Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Johnny I think you are being a bit blind sided here. I have not complained endlessly, in fact I have been very fair and multiple times praised the price, the quality, the beam and the tint. Go back and read the F*ing posts if you don’t believe me.

And I haven’t moaned, I’ve tested to the best of my ability and provided those results with pictures and text for others to see.

Not once have I slated anyone or pointed the finger at any company. I have done nothing but state I was disappointed in it’s turbo output, which if you look at the pics/data I provided is not unjust.

Wow Krono (and JM and Dale), you already showed that you are not a quitter, but I think it is wonderful that this GB inspired you to even start a new project! I'm really looking forward on whatever comes of it, and I hope for a nice long thread with many good vibes ;-)

These are pretty close in terms of quality & price:

In different lights, but I tested two of my Qlites with the same battery and DMM I used on the EE. I got 2.99 (Convoy M2) and 3.14amps (Convoy C8) from the Qlites. I have a hard time believing they wouldn’t do similar in the EE.

Or the LuckySun D80:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_68008.html
19,98$ with Coupon “LSD80”
It even has nearly the same Size: http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a498/dickmuto/LuckySun%20D80/LuckySunD80081_zps78adbaa5.jpg
Draws over 4 Amps on Turbo-Mode…

I read a lot “bad” about this light. I don’t know… I have plenty of the Nanjg-Drivers here, so if I am upset with the Amps, I can just switch the driver and be happy :stuck_out_tongue:
I have read so often, that this light feels a lot more expensive than it is. That’s, why I bought it.
I even don’t like those moon-modes, so the chance, that I will change the driver even when it has more than 3 Amps on High would be huge.

The Convoys are very comparable in build quality, a bit less efficient I think without the copper board and AR-lens, but most important : they are 100 times less sexy as the BLFX6, ....that purple glow... :love:

I havent received mine. One is still processing in the custom, and anohter one is still on the way.
How does it throw compared to other lights with similar size reflector ? Compared to C8 ?
If I remember correctly, someone said X6 is a lot floodier and not even close to C8.

“Work has already started on a second light…one that will be built from the ground up. Dale, JM and I have been looking at preliminary designs, and I can’t wait to see what we eventually come up with. More on that later.”

Whatever it is, J) :bigsmile: :smiley:
I am in for 2.
1- NW
1-CW

WHAOOOOOO!

Count me in, number 2 on the list
1 - NW
1 - CW

2*26650, MT-G2, Bigass Heatsinking, Turbo Mode (~4Amps), no tail switch, Battery status LED…
And all of that for 20$ please >)

20ish :bigsmile:

Looking at the EE X6 I would think it should throw well. The hotspot is fairly tight, very well defined due to the SMO reflector and of reasonable size.

The reflector on a C8 does seem bigger and I’m willing is if you measure it.

My C8’s have XP-G2’s in, so not really a fair comparison, but they easily out throw the EE X6.

What surprised me was my Convoy M1 with a smaller OP reflector visually seems to throw very similar to my EE X6. I’m sure if you measured lux there would be a difference, but shining them both at tree tops and chimneys, they appeared very equal, slight adv to the EE maybe.

LOL< thats what I am talking about. 8)

You never know what that Groovy Cat Krono has up his sleeve!!

Actually, you’re third. :stuck_out_tongue: At post #3519, trigger619 became the first with “Put me in for 4 on the next one.” I’m probably gonna be on the list somewhere, but I’ll wait for the daggum GB to actually start! :wink:

The reflector (and the whole light) is a lot smaller than a C8, so a throw comparison is not fair: you get what you measure, throw is directly lineair with the reflector front surface area, provided that the reflector is any good and the led is focused well.

I have the impression (nothing scientifically proven here) that, with a quality smooth reflector, the emitter focus plane at which the maximum throw is reached is slightly different from the focusplane at which the best looking evenly illuminated hotspot is obtained, and the BLFX6 went for the best looking beam (rightly so IMO).

Frankly I’m a little surprised with the disappointment generated from this light. No one guaranteed a perfect light. Many people went out of their way to make this happen, took time from their families and sleep time for a great light, not just for themselves but for everyone on the forum. I will never blame some one else for a decision I made to purchase a light based on their review. Everyone’s perspective is different and a review is simply a tool you chose to use to help you make YOUR buying decision!!
I never join forums, this is my second one ever, but after lurking for several months it seemed that in this one, everyone worked together and were civil and treated each other even new members with respect. I’m sorry to say the people that worked so hard to make this happen have not been treated that way.
A big thanks from me to those who did the work on this. I will have a fine light at a terrific price: no complaints.
Tarvos

I think for a new light one lesson learned might be a more authoritative approach trying to avoid dilettants galore that can be both charm and curse of forum projects :slight_smile:

I think I might have broken some traffic laws yesterday to be at the postoffice in time, but I got there on time!

First impressions:

- Nice looking box, does not look like a “china light”at all.

- Great finnish on the light. Nice threads, good annodizing.

• Very nice UI. Moon and mode memory are great!

Okay, it might not be as throwy as a C8, but this has much better UI and build quality. It is also smaller than a C8.

All in all, a REALLY AWESOME LIGHT FOR THE PRICE!!!

If it had all that for $20, the host would have to be cardboard, the reflector and the lens would be plastic, and the “Battery status LED” would be direct drive (when the status light goes out, battery is dead!) There would be no tail switch, because it would have one of those side switches that just moves a piece of flat metal against the side of the driver negative contact. Oh, and the heat-sink would be made of potmetal! J)

Although I thinks $20 isn’t possible, I would buy a sexy MT-G2 light directly in a GB :slight_smile: