Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

So I guess we need to wait until someone reviews this model?

With Cree quietly upping the Vf of the XM-L2, perhaps single cell hot rod lights are no longer practical. Well, not unless you invest in stupidly good batteries and work with a higher output runtime approximating that of a match.

On the positive side, perhaps will start to see some mainstream development in decent 2-cell drivers. At the moment, much of the innovation in this field seems to be coming from within this forum.

My stock X6 bought for $18.89 before the BLF SE's started shipping has a different designed tailcap. The BLF SE's tailcap is definitely better - longer, more knurling, thicker all around, higher clearance for the button - much improved. But for a $1 more, the AR lens alone is worth it, not to mention the copper DTP (Direct Thermal Path) MCPCB, and the better modes and more amps of the driver.

I did notice though the finish on the original stock X6 is a matte finish while the BLF SE's are definitely more glossy. I hope the quality of the finish is the same... It seems to be, but I sure ain't gona try to prove it by dropping mine from a car at 60 MPH Smile - I'll leave that to the braver souls (Dale) Wink.

Mine just got to the local customs center.

I plan on measuring current and otf lumen in my integration sphere when it arrives

Got mine yesterday.
Great flashlight.
This is my first NW flashlight and the tint is really nice.
I guess I will order more NW in the future.

Thanks Krono!!

My two BLF SE's, both NW:

#1: on a LG HE2 @2.74A tail: lumens: 966 @start, 918 @30 secs

#2: on a SONY VTC5 @2.80A tail: lumens: 986 @start, 938 @30 secs

My #'s tend to be high, higher than yours Smile.

Note: all my lumens and kcd measurements are "my own" taken on an older LX1330B meter - kcd taken indoors and lumens in a PVC constructed lightbox, accuracy can be freely debated...

Yeah… same here. Seems like it’s been “in transit” for more than 3 weeks!

I tested one of my CW SE’s this morning, straight out of the box with a fresh but rested 35A it pulled 2.97A at the tail with my clamp meter. Then I tore it apart. :slight_smile: I gotta say that I’m impressed with the machining on these. Every one that I’ve had in hand (about 12 or 13 now, lose count) are exquisitely machined and finished. The emitter shelf is flat, no center dimple, shiny it’s so well machined. Yes, there are fine machining lines there so it’s not polished out, but it’s far better than the vast majority I’ve seen.

I now have an aluminum heat sink/spacer made and fitted, 32mm Noctigon fitted and center drilled, ready to make it a Triple XP-L when the emitters get here. Why play with 1000 lumens when 4000 are available? :slight_smile:

Is there a chance that banggood will also sell blf x6 host only?

cool :slight_smile:

There have been lots of people suggesting that the only way this light will ever do 3 amps is by using better batteries . While this might be true I think buying LMR high discharge batteries just for this light would be really dumb .

Furthermore, IMHO, trying to reach a certain amperage may just be plain dumb to begin with (if that’s all we’re measuring by). If it’s true that the emitters have been tweaked by Cree to have a higher Vf and lower amp draw for the same or better lumens output, then taking amperage readings is practically meaningless now. The higher Vf requirement is obviously a bummer for single-cell applications, but lower amp draw isn’t necessarily bad. We need someone to make a new chart or two showing Vf/Amps curve and lumen output curve for the “new” emitters. Then, there will be some meaning to these readings people are getting. I’d think more lumens for less amps would make everyone happy. But, there is so much confusion because people don’t know that we’re getting that! All they know is that their tail-cap readings are low.

They will be selling the X6 host, but it will not have the BLF Special Edition marking on it.

Richard has X6 hosts on the way, sans marking’s at all.

So if someone could check amp readings and lumens with super cell compared to normal cell on X6 that would be greatly appreciated.

.... He has all the good stuff ...

Dale (DBCstm) has done this numerous times. His findings are further up in this thread and have been discussed at length. He also included readings after bypassing both the springs for a significant improvement, as well as the difference an older (lower Vf) emitter makes. Basically, you get about two more amps and about 200 more lumens from the older emitter compared with the newer one. Even counting the higher Vf, the newer emitter is more efficient. I have received two of my four X6’s, and I’m satisfied that this flashlight is fine just like it is.

Not interested in old vs new emitter or mods just how the production X6 is doing with super and not so super cells will check if I can find post and as in all science more than one tester would be a plus :slight_smile:

My results are insignificant, my testing is debunked
Despite my biggest efforts, all of this is junked
They cry and clamor “More, More”, and nothing will suffice
Try to please the screaming crowd, and you will pay the price

With 4K posts aplenty
Evidence still is slim
At the very end of it all
I guess we’ll just call Jim (Ohaya, you listening?)

Science yes it’s golden
Breaking all it’s rules
The things that once were bad for you
Now make us look like fools

What is right? What is wrong?
Does anybody know?
Santa’s carrying Boaz’s light
And his sleigh is all aglow!

The results are in, the lights are grand
And Most of us are pleased
Except for those that missed the boat
And the hot rod light that teased.

(hot rod was an interjection from someone making fun)
Not the specs listed by Krono or unknown00101

Neal has done his finest
And that guy in shipping NOT
Someone take his tape away
And toss it off to rot.

I guess I’d better stop this now
Before ol Jack steps in
I for one (and many more)
Call this light a WIN.

Good timing! Just collected light from BG, 21 days new personal best, and batteries/charger from nkon.nl, 10 days on first try.

I must have missed something… can anyone provide more details on this?